View Full Version : TGI Friday's

gjl
12-28-2013, 10:35 AM
We ate at TGIF on NW Expressway last night and once again the waitress gave us outstanding service. And that seems to be the norm every time we eat there. There seems to be an abundance of people working there and 2 highly visible managers always on the floor. I even told one of the managers how good our waitress was. There are a lot of restaurants that could learn a few things about taking care of their dining customers from TGIF. I don't know if they are all that way but the one on NW Expressway is really well run.

RadicalModerate
12-28-2013, 11:06 AM
That has been my impression of the place as well. It's great that you mentioned your impression of the service to the manager. It might be even nicer for all involved if you were to take a minute to notify "corporate" about your positive experience. There is probably some "address" on your receipt through which to do so. Just a thought . . .

Mississippi Blues
12-28-2013, 02:12 PM
I ate at the TGIF on E 61st St & Memorial Dr in Tulsa yesterday & the service was pretty good there as well.

Dustin
12-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Too bad the food is microwaved pig slop.

Sorry.

I really dislike TGIF.

Easy180
12-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Their Jack Daniels items are very tasty. I agree with the service at the NW Expwy location. Their servers double team and cover other servers tables resulting in excellent service

SOONER8693
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Been hoping for years to get one on the southside, like Moore/Norman area. Apparently just not in the works.

trousers
12-28-2013, 06:03 PM
While I cannot stand their food I will say that in never had bad service at the NW Exp locatio. The service in the bar area is always top notch.

ctchandler
12-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Does anybody here remember the first T. G. I. F.s on Northwest expressway? It was in the building that now is a Fazoli's. It also was the Subway Deli (not a Subway Sub store, locally owned). It was small (obviously) and nothing like they are today.
C. T.

ljbab728
12-28-2013, 09:02 PM
I find the food items to be hit and miss. Some things I like very well. I definitely agree about the employees, though. They are great.

Midtowner
12-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Every time I've been, I've wondered what I was thinking and swore never to go back.

RadicalModerate
12-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Their Jack Daniels items are very tasty. I agree with the service at the NW Expwy location. Their servers double team and cover other servers tables resulting in excellent service

How anyone could not marvel at the wonderfulness of the Jack Daniels sauce is completely beyond me.
Even RE-microwaved pig slop is palatable with some of that on it.

And how much better can fried green beans be? No matter where you get them.
Sorry . . . Forgot the fried green beans at Vast, Red Prime, The Metro and The Ranch.

Reckin I needs t' study up a bit . . . a-fore I tries t' git my Food Snoot License renewed.

"Of course the green beans are 'locally sourced' . . . We buy them strictly from Le Mansion Verde de La Terre via Homeland.
We don't trust The Big Box distributors with those nasty diesel trucks. And pick them up in a Prius."

RadicalModerate
12-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Every time I've been, I've wondered what I was thinking and swore never to go back.

I Salute You, Sir: That comment is nearly as M.C. Escherian in its Determination To Be Disappointed as my own thoughts about McDonalds. =)
It brings to mind the old visual joke about the ants on the Mobius Strip. thank you for that.

^verbose alternative to non-availability of 'Like' button. =)

HangryHippo
12-29-2013, 02:10 PM

This mirrors my experiences as well.

gjl
12-29-2013, 02:37 PM
There are a lot of things on their menu I would never consider eating too. They have enough things I like and my wife absolutely loves their French Onion Soup. And being members of their Give Me More Stripes program, we get a free meal every 3 or 4 visits. Everyone has different tastes in food. Lots of places people think have great food, I think are terrible. I always use Cattlemans as an example. I've never had a good meal there while lots of people love that place. This thread was about the way TGIF services their customers. Not a critique of their food.

Garin
12-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Be there once when it first opened on the expressway our appetizers the fried cheese sticks were still frozen in the center, don't remember much more other than that and hadn't been back since for some reason.

RadicalModerate
12-29-2013, 03:51 PM
What really yanks my chain about TGIF is their branded abbreviated corporate logoacronym involving God/and/or/Goodness and Fridays.
And the "slogan/motto": "In here it's always Friday" . . . So . . . How much good is actually done on Friday? (oy vey!)

Obviously it does nothing but generate a lot of ha'in' . . .

BlackmoreRulz
12-29-2013, 08:02 PM
How anyone could not marvel at the wonderfulness of the Jack Daniels sauce is completely beyond me.
Even RE-microwaved pig slop is palatable with some of that on it.

Wifeypoo loves that stuff, thankfully she found a knock off recipe that she swears is just as good and now I don't have to go there anymore.