View Full Version : Noah's Arc Found?

Garin
12-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Noah?s Ark Has Been Found. Why Are They Keeping Us In The Dark? (http://joeforamerica.com/2013/12/noahs-ark-found-keeping-us-dark/)

BBatesokc
12-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Highly doubt it.

snopes.com: Noah's Ark Discovery (http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp)

ThomPaine
12-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Bigfoot lives!? Existence backed by DNA, video, claim Sasquatch Genome Project researchers - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bigfoot-existence-backed-dna-video-report-article-1.1473883)

Garin
12-23-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't believe anything from snopes.com and if you can believe in alien life why would Bigfoot be that far fetched?

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 09:33 PM
It's obviously all an anti-Christian plot orchestrated by Obama.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't believe anything from snopes.com and if you can believe in alien life why would Bigfoot be that far fetched?

If you can believe in God, why can't you believe anything from Snopes.com?

Mississippi Blues
12-23-2013, 09:36 PM
It's obviously all an anti-Christian plot orchestrated by Obama.

Doesn't surprise me.

RadicalModerate
12-23-2013, 10:19 PM
I guess my primary question would be:
Was it Noah's Arc, Arch, or Ark
That was found or not found
According to Scripture and Snopes.

If it involves an arc or an arch
I would refer the case to MCEscher.
Or, perhaps, Dr. Phi.

Please be advised that Alex Jones
is out of the question.

(wow . . . Scripture and Snopes . . . Great Name For a Law Firm)

OKCisOK4me
12-23-2013, 10:20 PM
This was making the circles on Facebook last week. Come on Garin...

RadicalModerate
12-23-2013, 10:23 PM

There is no objective evidence that Bigfoot is amenable to fetching from whatever distance that distance may be.

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 10:23 PM
This was making the circles on Facebook last week. Come on Garin...

Actually there is nothing in that article that hasn't been making the rounds for many years.

Chadanth
12-23-2013, 10:25 PM
This has been around for a long time. Nothing substantiated or proven. Lots of spurious finds and casual relationships. Plus, it supposes a belief in the ark itself, which is absurd.

Snowman
12-23-2013, 11:42 PM
This seems like the 10th time in the last twenty years it has been 'found' (all in different locations)

Prunepicker
12-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Noah?s Ark Has Been Found. Why Are They Keeping Us In The Dark? (http://joeforamerica.com/2013/12/noahs-ark-found-keeping-us-dark/)
Garin, I don't think so. If and/or when it's found the world will know it.
Personally, I don't believe God will let it be found. Imagine the
shrines that would be built, something He doesn't want. It'd be as
bad, if not worse, as a potato chip in the shape of the virgin Mary.

I remember a series, in the 70's, with Robert Stack as the narrator. I
don't remember the name of it. It was about the supernatural or
unusual and included things like this and the Andes nazka or
something like that. The evidence used was very similar.

Prunepicker
12-23-2013, 11:59 PM
This seems like the 10th time in the last twenty years it has been
'found' (all in different locations)
I've only heard of Turkey as the landing place. Do you know where
the other locations were? I'm not doubting you, I've just not heard
it.

venture
12-24-2013, 12:15 AM
1. Find crazy random article online.
2. Post new topic with link and no additional comments.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Snowman
12-24-2013, 12:31 AM
I do not actually remember but here was a list from Wikipedia of some from the last few decades

Mount Ararat, Turkey (it looks like a few groups have done this one, it is not entirely clear from the list they are different sites but but from the different results it is likely: one went to check on a report and found nothing at that location, one could not get access to where they wanted to go because it was within a military zone, a year later a different group was able to access to the one they wanted to go to and found ~4,800 years old wood in a cave, another team found extremely long petrified beams that are apparently consistent with dimensions in Genesis)

Mount Cudi, Turkey

Mount Tendürek, Turkey

Alborz Mountains, Iran

Plus there was a group that just did an outright hoax that made the news for a while

Prunepicker
12-24-2013, 12:35 AM
... Plus there was a group that just did an outright hoax that made
the news for a while
That was only a few years ago, right?

Prunepicker
12-24-2013, 12:37 AM
About 40 years ago there was a claim that locals, I believe it was in
Turkey, had been gathering pitch from the mountain. Supposedly it
was from Noah's Ark.

I don't believe God will allow it to be found. Reason? Worship God
and not the things.

Snowman
12-24-2013, 01:22 AM
That was only a few years ago, right?

1993 was the one I was talking about but there was one in 2007 (the wood in the cave one), that released info in 2010 that sounded a bit schechy

BBatesokc
12-24-2013, 03:59 AM

I noticed its become popular to discount snopes lately, but the funny thing is, it always just ends with "I don't trust them … you can't trust them" etc., but nobody actually ever gives a reason. I don't recall their articles being outed as false.

ABryant
12-24-2013, 05:45 AM
The likelihood of finding a ship built of organic material before the dawn of what would be considered the birth of the entirety of our current population is so unlikely that I doubt it is possible to find.

kelroy55
12-24-2013, 06:04 AM
I saw bigfoot riding in Noah's Ark just east of Albuquerque the other day. I took a picture and sent it to Snopes.

trousers
12-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Noah's Arc has been found. Evidently it's was a short lived gay black and Latino TV show.

Noah's Arc (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah's_Arc_(TV_series))

The real question is why was it cancelled?
The answer...Big Pharma Zionists.

Chadanth
12-24-2013, 06:24 AM
I noticed its become popular to discount snopes lately, but the funny thing is, it always just ends with "I don't trust them … you can't trust them" etc., but nobody actually ever gives a reason. I don't recall their articles being outed as false.

I keep hearing that as well; there was a meme going around during the last election (and possibly before) that snopes.com was funded by a liberal publication and was a democrat front. I sent links back in response to a crap chain email once and the sender immediately shot back that snopes was a leftist front, etc.

OKCisOK4me
12-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Actually there is nothing in that article that hasn't been making the rounds for many years.

Very true. I remember seeing something about this on TV several years ago AND considering that the quake was in the 50s or whatever, the story will make its way up and down amongst every generation of God fearing men.

ctchandler
12-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Garin,
Try Truth or Fiction Explorers Have Found the Biblical Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat in Turkey-Unproven! (http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/n/Noahs-Ark-Turkey.htm#.Urm6K2RDu9g) it is a site that validates/disproves things like Noah's ark being found in Turkey. They came to the same conclusion. They are a little different from Snopes in that they have a membership fee if you want to be mailed updates about what they are researching but it is free for researching things like this Noah's ark story.
C. T.

BBatesokc
12-24-2013, 10:07 AM
For clarification - I don't take issue with people criticizing Snopes.com - I'd just like to know if the criticism is actually based on any real foundation of fact, fantasy or simply gut opinion.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2013, 10:15 AM
For clarification - I don't take issue with people criticizing Snopes.com - I'd just like to know if the criticism is actually based on any real foundation of fact, fantasy or simply gut opinion.

It's based on suffering from acute confirmation bias, and Snopes doesn't jive with what the whackadoodles at infowars or Alex Jones are saying.

Martin
12-24-2013, 10:32 AM
psssh. everyone knows that the ark is in a crate, hidden away in some government warehouse. -M

/wait. why is everyone looking at me like that?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2013, 10:49 AM
psssh. everyone knows that the ark is in a crate, hidden away in some government warehouse. -M

Top men.

TOP.

MEN.

Snowman
12-24-2013, 10:49 AM

We have top men working on it right now

(ahhh, beat me to it)

trousers
12-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Might have better luck finding Gilgamesh's ark.

Chadanth
12-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Might have better luck finding Gilgamesh's ark.

Gilgamesh was a myth, everyone knows Noah, however, is a historic fact.

Just the facts
12-25-2013, 04:07 PM
I remember a series, in the 70's, with Robert Stack as the narrator. I
don't remember the name of it. It was about the supernatural or
unusual and included things like this and the Andes nazka or
something like that. The evidence used was very similar.

Are you thinking of "In Search Of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy?

gQJAYVbslIE

RadicalModerate
12-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Gilgamesh was a myth, everyone knows Noah, however, is a historic fact.

Don't spread this around . . . but Gilgamesh was the Sumerian word for Sasquatch.
They were with us then and they are with us now. They were the ones who made fun of Noah, knew how to swim, and had gills.
The Hittites and Assyrians laughed at this and look what happened to them.

Midtowner
12-25-2013, 06:54 PM
There is a reason I have the OP on iggy. Maybe I should take him off for the shear entertainment value of his posts?

RadicalModerate
12-25-2013, 07:13 PM
There is a reason I have the OP on iggy. Maybe I should take him off for the shear entertainment value of his posts?

If you did, you would be voluntarily entering into his web of innuendo and actual fact. Does the fly get stuck on the spider's web? Or does the web stick to the fly? Gilgamesh knew the answer to that riddle. So did Noah.

Remember: A half-truth isn't a lie and a lie isn't half-true. Is it? (ask Gilgamesh. he has an epic answer.)

Midtowner
12-25-2013, 07:22 PM
The key is that there is a difference between half-truth and folks who apparently buy lock stock and barrel into things anyone with even a bit of skepticism will recognize as absurd right off the bat. Such a person is easily deceived.

venture
12-25-2013, 09:04 PM

Honestly, the entertainment factor almost makes it worth it half the time. The other half you just feel sad for them.

Chadanth
12-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Honestly, the entertainment factor almost makes it worth it half the time. The other half you just feel sad for them.

It usually takes 3-4 "rebuttal posts" from him before I move into a state of pity. Until then, it's all laughs.

Prunepicker
12-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Are you thinking of "In Search Of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy?
Yes, Robert Stack was on "Unsolved Mysteries" which was later.

kelroy55
12-26-2013, 05:35 AM

I remember watching that, both shows actually.

RadicalModerate
12-26-2013, 07:37 AM

Ironically, Elliot Ness was one of the top men working on the lost ark project.
He was convinced that some important clues were hidden in Al Capone's vault.

kelroy55
12-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Ironically, Elliot Ness was one of the top men working on the lost ark project.
He was convinced that some important clues were hidden in Al Capone's vault.

Maybe Geraldo Rivera stole it.

Prunepicker
12-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Ironically, Elliot Ness was one of the top men working on the lost ark
project. He was convinced that some important clues were hidden in
Al Capone's vault.
Geraldo Riviera showed that not to be the case.