View Full Version : Bolens Nichols Hills Gas Station

cindycat
12-21-2013, 08:22 AM
We were driving up Western during evening rush hour and were in bad need of gas (two bad decisions), so we stopped at the Bolens station at Western and Avondale. The price was high but we paid it. Anyone know why that station's gas is priced about 80 cents higher that the average around town? Thanks.

Bill Robertson
12-21-2013, 09:42 AM
You paid it. I'm sure you're not the only one. If they can sell gas for that then that's probably why they price it that high.

Pete
12-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Chesapeake paid a ton of money for that property.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are paying pretty good rent there.

OKCisOK4me
12-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Think about where they're at. Nichols Hills area, Chesapeake. No one is hurting paying that extra 80 cents and if you don't mind the ethanol there's a 7 Eleven right up the street.

Garin
12-21-2013, 10:29 AM
It's also one of the few places to get 107 octane as well. That gas station is strictly there to serve the residents of Nichols hills and the muscle car enthusiast. It used to be full service and may still be during reg business hours.

OKCisOK4me
12-21-2013, 10:56 AM
It's also one of the few places to get 107 octane as well. That gas station is strictly there to serve the residents of Nichols hills and the muscle car enthusiast. It used to be full service and may still be during reg business hours.

Very good point.