View Full Version : The Pride of Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School

KenRagsdale
12-20-2013, 04:30 AM
OU football notebook: Gabe Ikard named to AFCA All-America team | News OK (http://newsok.com/ou-football-notebook-gabe-ikard-named-to-afca-all-america-team/article/3915806)

ou48A
12-22-2013, 09:08 AM
This is a great read on Ikard....
On a side note,,,,
I heard Ikard indicate that he was having serious second thoughts about attending medical school due to the governments actions with our medical care.

John E. Hoover: Oklahoma's Gabe Ikard a model student-athlete - Tulsa World: Sports Columnist John E. Hoover (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/johnehoover/john-e-hoover-oklahoma-s-gabe-ikard-a-model-student/article_6aa4a166-edb9-5f99-a8a2-8813dd7dee40.html)

venture
12-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't see any indication of Ikard thoughts on the government's actions in the story at all. Perhaps it would be best to leave the attempt to make this post political out of it and just focus on a great person and a great athlete we've been blessed to have.

ou48A
12-22-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't see any indication of Ikard thoughts on the government's actions in the story at all. Perhaps it would be best to leave the attempt to make this post political out of it and just focus on a great person and a great athlete we've been blessed to have.Of course you did not see it in that article That's why said I heard it....
And he did say it on KREF about 3 days ago.
Facts are facts, rather you like them or not. This is just one more example of how a very screwed up government is impacting the life of a very smart young man. It's sad that you can't put aside your belligerence long enough to see how it's actually causing smarter people than you to consider their real life decisions... Decisions that will be made similarly by thousand of young but very smart people every year.

Ikard's ability to analyze his situation and his future further demonstrates his intelligence to see things for what they really are, unlike some less gifted people.

soonerguru
12-22-2013, 11:43 AM
ou48a, I read the article and didn't see that. Oh well, Ikard is a big Obama supporter -- at least he was on his Facebook page -- so whatever you think he said may or may not be in the context you imagine.

KenRagsdale
12-22-2013, 12:48 PM
“Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”

― Winston Churchill

ou48A
12-22-2013, 01:10 PM
ou48a, I read the article and didn't see that. Oh well, Ikard is a big Obama supporter -- at least he was on his Facebook page -- so whatever you think he said may or may not be in the context you imagine.

It's not in the article......please read what I wrote ….That's why said I heard it....he did say it.... on KREF about 3 days ago.
The fact that he is able to see what a mess he would get getting into is a credit to him.

venture
12-23-2013, 09:31 AM
It's not in the article......please read what I wrote ….That's why said I heard it....he did say it.... on KREF about 3 days ago.
The fact that he is able to see what a mess he would get getting into is a credit to him.

Link?

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Here is the interview.

PodOmatic | Best Free Podcasts (http://sportstalk1400.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-16T15_32_09-08_00)

He said he was considering medical school and "they changed health care". He will be going to the pros first anyway and he did not rule out eventually doing that at some point. It was hardly a major statement about the government.

Garin
12-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I work with his godfather I will get the story and report back.

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 09:19 PM
I work with his godfather I will get the story and report back.

If you can get an audio confirmation of his anti Obamacare views which add anything to his recorded interview it will be accepted.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Here is the interview.

PodOmatic | Best Free Podcasts (http://sportstalk1400.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-16T15_32_09-08_00)

He said he was considering medical school and "they changed health care". He will be going to the pros first anyway and he did not rule out eventually doing that at some point. It was hardly a major statement about the government.
Don't forget to tell the entire full story!

When ask about if he wanted to be a Doctor he said “ I did, and then they changed health care”

That's an full acknowledgment and statement that he knows the government screwed up heath care.
He is far from alone as a strong majority of Americans are now critical of the changes, including many former Obama supporters.
He left the issue open and indicated that medical school was one of his thoughts but that it would probable depend on how long he is able to play football.

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 09:57 PM

When ask about if he wanted to be a Doctor he said “ he did, and then they changed health care”

That's an full acknowledgment and statement that he knows the government screwed up heath care.
He is far from alone as a strong majority of Americans are now critical of the changes, including many former Obama supporters.
He left the issue open and indicated that medical school was one of his thoughts but that it would probable depend on how long he is able to play football.

I posted the complete interview so that is the full story. You are the one who is reading things into it that he didn't say.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I posted the complete interview so that is the full story. You are the one who is reading things into it that he didn't say.
This is really pretty simple..... If he didn't see a problem with our heath care and the dreams that he has had, he would not have said anything about it! He is obviously smarter than you!

soonerguru
12-23-2013, 10:12 PM

You can't support your position. You act like a child at times. It's sad.

My personal doctor has been complaining about the "changes" to health care for the last ten or so years. He was absolutely furious at the HMOs and insurance companies. It is a nightmare for doctors to get procedures approved and jump through all of the hoops. This had nothing to do with Obamacare, which, in some cases, addresses this problem.

Regardless of your position on "Obamacare," how could the presence of more patients with private insurance hurt doctors?

Perhaps he's concerned about the changes to Medicare? That might make sense, who knows?

I do know that he is an Obama supporter, and said so on Facebook.

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 10:14 PM
This is really pretty simple..... If he didn't see a problem with our heath care and the dreams that he has had, he would not have said anything about it! He is obviously smarter than you!

Since I only posted what he said instead of putting words in his mouth like you have, I would say he is probably much, much smarter than you. You are only offering your opinion about what he said. If you have something more than what was said in the interview to back up your statements please enlighten us.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 10:19 PM
You can't support your position. You act like a child at times. It's sad.

What I said was an indication of the truth if you can't handle the truth and disagree with it politically then you had better go look the mirror for who the child is!

soonerguru
12-23-2013, 10:20 PM
“Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”

― Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill would be considered a liberal commie by today's "conservatives." And social science has determined this quote is not statistically accurate.

soonerguru
12-23-2013, 10:24 PM
What I said was an indication of the truth if you can't handle the truth and disagree with it politically then you had better go look the mirror for who the child is!

What is an "indication of the truth?"

Why do you have to make everything a partisan issue? Do you think it's possible that from such a minor and vague statement that you don't fully understand what his statement means?

Your credibility on this board has taken several hits for your circular, argumentative style, and your strange unwillingness to admit that you may be wrong. To date, you've never said you could possibly be wrong about anything, including this bizarre issue, where you take one of the most outspoken Obama supporters on the OU football team and try to suggest that he's a raging anti-ACA guy, when you have very, very little to support it.

I'm sure you'll fight on.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Since I only posted what he said instead of putting words in his mouth like you have, I would say he is probably much, much smarter than you. You are only offering your opinion about what he said. If you have something more than what was said in the interview to back up your statements please enlighten us.

I posted what he actually said on post #12!

Your screwed if you can't handle the truth of what he actually said.... because clearly he doesn’t like what he sees with our heath care just as most Americans don’t.

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 10:26 PM
I posted what he actually said on post #12!

Your screwed if you can't handle the truth of what he actually said.... because clearly he doesn’t like what he sees with our heath care just as most Americans don’t.

LOL, I know exactly what he said because I posted it too. I'm just not the one adding my interpretive opinion to it. Let us know when you have more verifiable direct information from Mr. Ikard to back it up.

soonerguru
12-23-2013, 10:28 PM
ou48a,

I have an idea. Why don't you go up to Gabe Ikard and tell him Obama sucks and see what happens? This will hopefully be on youtube.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
What is an "indication of the truth?"

Why do you have to make everything a partisan issue? Do you think it's possible that from such a minor and vague statement that you don't fully understand what his statement says?

Your credibility on this board has taken several hits for your circular, argumentative style, and your strange unwillingness to admit that you may be wrong. To date, you've never said you could possibly be wrong anything, including this bizarre issue, where you take one of the most outspoken Obama supporters on the OU football team, and try to suggest that he's a raging anti-ACA guy when you have very little to go on.
Now there is where you are wrong.... I'm not suggesting that he's a raging anti-ACA guy.
Lots of very smart people see problems with with Obamacare and he is another person considering his options,,,, just like many doctors have retired or moved on.

PennyQuilts
12-23-2013, 10:37 PM
This thread is pathetic.

Congratulations to this young man! Whatever his future plans, I hope he is successful and that it makes him happy.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
ou48a,

I have an idea. Why don't you go up to Gabe Ikard and tell him Obama sucks and see what happens? This will hopefully be on youtube.
I would have absolutely no problem doing so! In fact about 2 years ago I talked a little politics with one well known current OU player in person who happens to be good friends with Gabe. This player said the team generally avoids the topic.
He may disagree with me and that’s fine...but its pretty clear that by his statement that he is open mined enough to he sees issues with Obamacare.. and not blinded by pure partisanship as you make your self look like!
I suspect that Gabe is much further to the right than you and some of the others posting here.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 10:51 PM
LOL, I know exactly what he said because I posted it too. I'm just not the one adding my interpretive opinion to it. Let us know when you have more verifiable direct information from Mr. Ikard to back it up.

No,,,, you did not give a full account of everything that Gabe said. Stop being delusional.
I pointed this out to you in post #12

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 10:57 PM
No,,,, you did not give a full account of everything that Gabe said. Stop being delusional.
I pointed this out to you in post #12

OMG, if a post of the full interview isn't a full account, I don't know what is. You certainly didn't provide that. Talk about delusional. You started this with taking a few seconds out of an 11 minute interview to start a political statement. This is a complete distraction from what should only be about honoring a truly fine young man.

ou48A
12-23-2013, 11:15 PM
OMG, if a post of the full interview isn't a full account, I don't know what is. You certainly didn't provide that. Talk about delusional. You started this with taking a few seconds out of an 11 minute interview to start a political statement. This is a complete distraction from what should only be about honoring a truly fine young man.

This is what you actually wrote. You so conveniently left out the “ I did” that I pointed out to you in post #12. He indicated that he was considering not becoming a Doctor because of heath care and that's not what you wrote! That's reason for my post #12 and where I elaborated further on what was said.

Here is the interview.

When ask about if he wanted to be a Doctor he said “ I did, and then they changed health care”

But carry on because I done dealing with some one like you who wouldn’t know the truth if it slap you in the face due to your blind allegiance.

ljbab728
12-23-2013, 11:22 PM
This is what you actually wrote. You so conveniently left out the “ I did” that I pointed out to you in post #12. He indicated that he was considering not becoming a Doctor because of heath care and that's not what you wrote! That's reason for my post #12 and where I elaborated further on what was said.

But carry on because I done dealing with some one like you who wouldn’t know the truth if it slap you in the face due to your blind allegiance.

In other words you are admitting that you were wrong this time since I posted the entire interview in spite of how you try to edit my posts. Thanks. I never mentioned allegiance to anything. I just pointed out that you were trying to make political hay out of a few seconds in an interview. If you want to continue to make this tribute to Mr. Ikard about politics, that's up to you.

venture
12-24-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm with Penny...this thread has just become really sad. I really don't see what is to gain by turning this thread away from the original topic - recognizing a great young man that is a true model for many people. Yet the very first response immediately started the path down the political track for absolutely no reason but a self serving one. Instead of talking about this man's achievements, this thread will likely get thrown into the political forum abyss. It is unfortunate that some find a need to completely derail a thread for no obvious gain.

The Mr. Ikard's political views were never mentioned in the story and no need to inject them here. Some people just can't control themselves.