View Full Version : Wild 97.9 and the F-WORD!!

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Did you hear this morning on the Joey and Heather Morning Show they used the F-word 3 times refering to there co-host Heather. we need to file a report with the FCC

mranderson
07-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Did you hear this morning on the Joey and Heather Morning Show they used the F-word 3 times refering to there co-host Heather. we need to file a report with the FCC

You can only complain if you heard it. Either that or just stop listening to the station. I can also tell you if the station management heard it, expect some firings. Good management will not accept this and will take responsibility.

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 11:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They Used The F-word Several Times At 6:45 Am On July 25 2005,

Ban Joey And Heather

Call There Gm And Report This

848-0100

djryanla
07-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Wow. You really, really like KJ-103.

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Yes I Do!!!!!!

okieopus
07-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Terrestrial Radio is Dead :)

get Sirius or XM (i prefer Sirius)

Trust me, you will be happier and more fullfilled...LOL

mranderson
07-25-2005, 02:06 PM

Humm. I must be dreaming when I listen to KOKC, KEBC, KOMA and KKNG... All terrestrial.

okieopus
07-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, its dead to me, anyway

Jay
07-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Well let's compare the two shall we

Terrestrial Oklahoma City Radio:

Roughly a dozen stations on fm and maybe half that on AM. 20 minutes of commericals for every 10 minutes of content.

Xm and Sirius both have 60 commercial free music channels that include music from almost all generes. No annoying morning show hosts. No stupid commericals. 50 channels of news/talk/sports/radio shows.

I'm an XM subsciber and I think eventually 9 out of every ten people will have a satellite radio or have access to one.

$12 a month is cheap considering most people spend that on a new CD every month.

One last thing please do not try to give that line of "I will never pay for radio when it's free via local airwaves." People said this exact same statement about cable and satellite TV. Now its hard to find someone who does not have cable, Direct-TV or Dish Network.

The only people who don't pay for TV these days are cheapskates and homeless people.

mranderson
07-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Well let's compare the two shall we

Terrestrial Oklahoma City Radio:

Roughly a dozen stations on fm and maybe half that on AM. 20 minutes of commericals for every 10 minutes of content.

Xm and Sirius both have 60 commercial free music channels that include music from almost all generes. No annoying morning show hosts. No stupid commericals. 50 channels of news/talk/sports/radio shows.

I'm an XM subsciber and I think eventually 9 out of every ten people will have a satellite radio or have access to one.

$12 a month is cheap considering most people spend that on a new CD every month.

One last thing please do not try to give that line of "I will never pay for radio when it's free via local airwaves." People said this exact same statement about cable and satellite TV. Now its hard to find someone who does not have cable, Direct-TV or Dish Network.

The only people who don't pay for TV these days are cheapskates and homeless people.

Your last paragraph is FAR from accurate. What about the people that do not watch enough television to warrant the cost of cable. They are not "cheap." They are practicle for their needs.

Now, I will grant you, Satellite radio is on my short list of wants. However, I will not give up on my local stations either.

By the way. How did we get from cussing on the air to Satellite radio? Not exacty the topic.

okieopus
07-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Perhaps a Satellite Radio thread is in order...

However, since the FCC rules do not apply to Satellite Radio, so there is a loose connection to the topic

mranderson
07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
"Perhaps a Satellite Radio thread is in order..."

Bingo.

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
the deal is-- the cussed on public airwaves-- should't they get fired?

mranderson
07-25-2005, 03:38 PM
If the station management can prove the actions, then, yes. They should be fired.

In addition. If the FCC can prove it, they can fine the station for not activating the seven second delay. When I first got my FCC license, the fine was $500.00 per day for every day the occurance happened. That was in 1973, however.

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 03:40 PM
aint it 200K now the fine? after janet jackson?

djryanla
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Who exactly cussed? Joey? Heather? Another member of the morning show? A caller?

What exactly is your job title at Clear Channel?

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 03:57 PM
i dont work for emm

okcradiogurl
07-25-2005, 03:57 PM
joey cussed

JBGood
07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
"The only people who don't pay for TV these days are cheapskates and homeless people."

Do the math Bucko. Cox Cable came to OKC in approximately 1980. That's 25 years ago or 300 months. Times an average of say ...35.00/ month.

$10,500.00 For TV. Mainly reruns.

More if you like premium channels and PPV.

Next month...more $$$$

Karried
07-26-2005, 07:54 AM
okcradiogurl,

If the DJs you liked at your favorite radio station used foul language, would you be posting it all over this board and wanting them to get fined and/or fired?

Another thing, if you are not 100% sure, you might want to be careful because someone you are accusing might take offense and file a lawsuit or bring charges against you - ie Libel, Defamation of character, Slander to name a few and if you think you can post anonymously by not using your real name - you are very wrong. They can find you today if they wanted to... just something to consider.

okcradiogurl
07-26-2005, 08:34 AM
ohh they said it-- im very sure-- i speak the truth-- anyway i just thought u guys should know- no one i doub't will get fined anyway-

Intrepid
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I found this post re: the f-bomb incident on www.radio-info.com It's only one post, and it's not coroborated (sp?) by any other posts/replies , so who knows if it really happened? I just wanted to show that the news was posted on another message board.

Here's the link:

http://www.radio-info.com/mods/board?Post=496196&Board=oklahoma

Intrepid
07-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Also, I remember some bits on the Sports Animal being pretty risque, etc that early in the morning and they explained that the FCC allows a LOT more before a certain time of day.

I am in no means an expert on FCC rules, and if there is such a 'buffer' time, I don't claim to know what is allowed or not allowed. My guess is that the F-bomb would never be allowed. But again, I could be wrong.

okcradiogurl
07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
all i am asking is for you to decide for your self-- I have nothing to gain from lieing.. I am just relaying what i think is wrong- He used the F-word in the 6AM hour-- yes of course its on accident.. but you should never use that word EVER in a studio incase of an accident- Clear Channel would have fired HIM!!!!!!!!

Pirate Audio
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
or you can listen to 101.1 fm parasite, no commercials, and non commercial music..of course if the f-word turns you off, you may not like the parasite, we dont play by fcc rules, and until a u.s. marshal shows up, we wont play by there rules....
whats obscene anyways??? curse words or playing the same 10 songs in rotation all day with constant chatter from some people who claim to be dj's, yet dont select any music nor touch any equipment other than a mic and a mute button...oh yeah and answer the call in "request" where you can request as long its been played on the air befor, so...hmmm.

Pirate Audio
08-08-2005, 01:48 PM
$5000 per "f" bomb.....there is a cool song floating the internet about it, its called "f- the fcc"..
clear channel fire someone for saying "f"????
someone should fire clear channel for being a monopoly....oh yeah, the fcc did away with those laws...

mranderson
08-08-2005, 02:21 PM
$5000 per "f" bomb.....there is a cool song floating the internet about it, its called "f- the fcc"..
clear channel fire someone for saying "f"????
someone should fire clear channel for being a monopoly....oh yeah, the fcc did away with those laws...

Clear Channel does not own that station. It is owned by Citadel. So, why even mention Clear Channel in this thread?

By the way. Clear Channel does not HAVE a monopoly. There are three companies that make the majority of broadcasters in Oklahoma City. Clear Channel, Citadel, and Redna.

Pirate Audio
08-08-2005, 02:41 PM
ummm...ok..
soc.hfac.uh.edu/artman/publish/printer_72.shtml
i guess im just reading the wrong misinformation out there, but id swear this federal judge in
Denver chose to proceed with a case that accuses media giant Clear Channel Communications of monopolistic behavior violating anti-trust laws.

i do believe they even have the nasty habit of buying out local stations and removing all the locals and replacing them with copycat janets and j-rods, or whatever the names are.
clone radio man, a sea of clones with pirates in the waters.

HOT ROD
08-20-2005, 03:47 PM
I know some have opinions about this f-word or ???

but I say, if you dont like it - change the channel!

Out here in Seattle, we have stations that use the language quite more often and its really no big deal! who cares about the f-word on radio?

There is more to life than trying to be conservative all of the time, pointing the finger (even if it is the middle one, lol).

bandnerd
09-01-2005, 07:57 PM
OMG get over it. If you don't want to hear anything lewd, then don't listen to 97.9, it's that simple.

People have such thin skins these days.

Curt
09-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Well, its dead to me, anyway
I am with ya here, XM radio is the way to go.

bandnerd
09-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, we might all be spending a little less time in our cars so it might all become a moot point! :whiteflag

Curt
09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, we might all be spending a little less time in our cars so it might all become a moot point! :whiteflag
Yah................no freakin kidding there.

venture
09-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Boo hoo. Its over and done. The most they'll get a fine from the FCC and a short suspension for the violators. This happens everywhere.

HOT ROD
10-01-2005, 02:48 PM
i cant believe this even got the coverage or concern on the forum that it has.

Dungeon Master
10-01-2005, 05:11 PM
the deal is-- the cussed on public airwaves-- should't they get fired?

I think times are changing ever so slowly. If it did actually happen and they don't get fired, then I would suggest listening to another channel. I say this because if it isn't against the law and the 2 DJs are bringing in high stats, then they will probably stay. I'm not saying the F-word is good. I'm saying things are changing (among other things in life) whether we like it or not.

ColumbiaCowboy
10-08-2005, 09:16 AM

Hogwash.

There's plenty of good stuff on the radio if people can get off the same 3 or 4 tired stations. You get NPR in Oklahoma City, who needs to pay for overpriced satellite radio? When HD kicks in, stations will be able to broadcast 2 or 3 different streams at the same time, so for instance KGOU could have one station with news and talk from NPR (vastly superior to the slop on KTOK and WKY) with another playing classical music and another doing jazz or something.

For free, and without commercials.

ColumbiaCowboy
10-08-2005, 09:22 AM
or you can listen to 101.1 fm parasite, no commercials, and non commercial music..of course if the f-word turns you off, you may not like the parasite, we dont play by fcc rules, and until a u.s. marshal shows up, we wont play by there rules....
whats obscene anyways??? curse words or playing the same 10 songs in rotation all day with constant chatter from some people who claim to be dj's, yet dont select any music nor touch any equipment other than a mic and a mute button...oh yeah and answer the call in "request" where you can request as long its been played on the air befor, so...hmmm.

What a child. Let's hope the day you're shut down is very soon. To say that broadcasting obscenity is fine but having a tight playlist because that's what the audience wants isn't shows why you're at some illegal "pirate" station instead of in real radio.
It takes about 6 seconds for a legitimate radio professional to understand a format, and why people can't call an request some crap and get it played. If someone calls and asks a country station to play Motorhead, you'd not understand why that's not going to work?
Running board doesn't make someone a "real" announcer. Saying something intelligent and entertaining your audience does. And when you're supposed to broadcast in the public interest, violating obscenity laws is NOT in the public interest and you deserve to lose your license.

ColumbiaCowboy
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
I know some have opinions about this f-word or ???

but I say, if you dont like it - change the channel!

Out here in Seattle, we have stations that use the language quite more often and its really no big deal! who cares about the f-word on radio?

There is more to life than trying to be conservative all of the time, pointing the finger (even if it is the middle one, lol).

That's ridiculous, of course. Obscenity is an FCC violation for very good reason, and saying "just change the channel" isn't the answer. Stations are required to broadcast in the public interest, and disgusting foul language doesn't qualify.

ColumbiaCowboy
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
OMG get over it. If you don't want to hear anything lewd, then don't listen to 97.9, it's that simple.

People have such thin skins these days.

It's called character. You should try it some time.