View Full Version : We Have a Race for Governor

Pages : 1 [2]

Midtowner
04-26-2014, 04:52 PM
She wants to make sure her corporate clients don't have to pay anything. This is mostly going to pawn things off on homeowners.

I used to be a "conservative." But what was conservative 10 years ago and what is conservative now are very different things.

Garin
04-26-2014, 05:12 PM
She wants to make sure her corporate clients don't have to pay anything. This is mostly going to pawn things off on homeowners.

I used to be a "conservative." But what was conservative 10 years ago and what is conservative now are very different things.

Maybe conservatives left you, because you don't come across very conservative.

Dennis Heaton
04-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Gov. Fallin wants to raise property taxes to pay for storm shelters: Mary Fallin Calls for Largest Property Tax Increase in State History | Oklahoma Democratic Party (http://okdemocrats.org/2014/01/mary-fallin-calls-for-largest-property-tax-increase-in-state-history/)

But the most it probably means is that your property taxes only go up if you vote to allow them.

According to the Oklahoma County Treasurer's website...there are 15,236 accounts (just in Oklahoma County) that still owe over $15,000,000 in Property Taxes, including "some" businesses that have not paid their taxes since 2011...yet, they still are allowed to operate.

Achilleslastand
04-26-2014, 07:11 PM
According to the Oklahoma County Treasurer's website...there are 15,236 accounts (just in Oklahoma County) that still owe over $15,000,000 in Property Taxes, including "some" businesses that have not paid their taxes since 2011...yet, they still are allowed to operate.

I got a letter from our wonderful county treasurer a couple of weeks ago {presumably saying taxes would go up next yr} but I cant be sure because I assumed the worse and actually never opened it.
Property taxes are highway robbery and goes against everything our founding fathers fought and died for.
They should be abolished and done away with ASAP.

Garin
04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
I got a letter from our wonderful county treasurer a couple of weeks ago {presumably saying taxes would go up next yr} but I cant be sure because I assumed the worse and actually never opened it.
Property taxes are highway robbery and goes against everything our founding fathers fought and died for.
They should be abolished and done away with ASAP.

It's just another way that they can own you until the day you die....

Achilleslastand
04-26-2014, 07:36 PM
It's just another way that they can own you until the day you die....

Ooops don't forget about estate taxes.

Rover
04-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Maybe conservatives left you, because you don't come across very conservative.

No, conservatives have been intimidated by libertarian radicals , but conservatives are still there, just afraid.

Plutonic Panda
04-26-2014, 08:07 PM
You can't state the facts without being branded a racist

Midtowner
04-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Huh?

Rover
04-26-2014, 09:44 PM
You can't state the facts without being branded a racist

Whose remarks are you sticking up for?

Plutonic Panda
04-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Whose remarks are you sticking up for?No one in particular. My point was, liberals and democrats play the race card at literally every little chance they get and conservatives and republicans hyperbole everything and get mad at Obama for doing things that they have done themselves.