View Full Version : HATE Speech?!?!

bucktalk
12-14-2013, 09:47 AM
This topic, sadly, is sort of counter to the Christmas season of hope and love. But here are a few things I hate:

1. Being late for an appointment.
2. David Stanley car commercials (this should be number one!) Grrrrr. Will NEVER buy a vehicle there because I hate their commercials so much.
3. Being placed on 'hold' on the phone while the recording says, "Please stay on the line, your call is important to us".
4. Drivers who should not have been issued a drivers license due to incompetence.

You have any things that just get under your skin?

SoonerDave
12-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Sure.

This time of year, it has to be commercials whose writers work overtime to create tortured sentences that are structured only to avoid the use of the word "Christmas."

Bunty
12-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Edmond Hyundai commercials are worse and should be no. 1. I only care to see them once or twice.

bucktalk
12-14-2013, 10:15 AM
This topic, sadly, is sort of counter to the Christmas season of hope and love. But here are a few things I hate:

2. David Stanley car commercials (this should be number one!) Grrrrr. Will NEVER buy a vehicle there because I hate their commercials so much.
3. Being placed on 'hold' on the phone while the recording says, "Please stay on the line, your call is important to us".
4. Drivers who should not have been issued a drivers license due to incompetence.

5. I hate the way people are extremely tacky about OU/OSU following a game. I'm all for light-hearted kidding. But WAY to many cross the line and start vindictive attacks on toward both schools. I hate that.

Achilleslastand
12-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Evel Knievel & Lynn Hickey Set World Sales Record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCSGFo9Hy8

Jersey Boss
12-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Merry Festivus to all!

Mississippi Blues
12-14-2013, 02:25 PM
1. I hate those commercials on the radio where they say the phone number not twice, but three times at the end.
2. I hate people that talk so badly about a place but have never been there.
3. I hate sports fans. Most of them (not all) are just idiots that have nothing better to do than "prove their loyalty" & try to discredit every other successful team.
4. I hate the hiccups.
5. I hate how my generation feels entitled & that they should just walk right into success.
6. I hate it when people state things as fact only to be proven wrong by time or common sense.
7. I hate the ignorance in the media & how they glorify non-stories or create their own stories by assuming things or stating their word as fact.
8. I hate people that think they can drive faster than me.
9. I hate people that drive large pickup trucks & the douche-baggery's that they act like on the roads.
10. I hate, hate, hate stuck up people.
11. I hate being sick.
12. I hate every sort of mathematical class there is.
13. I hate when my family tries to play matchmaker & tell me who I should be with. If I was that interested, I'd already be with her.
14. I hate when the light turns yellow & you're too far back to try & beat the red light but too close to brake without fishtailing to a halt (exaggeration).

kevinpate
12-14-2013, 02:50 PM
So much hate. So much hate.

Take me away from all this hate Tom
I Love... Tom T. Hall... Original Version - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1svVMFwaOw)

OKCisOK4me
12-14-2013, 03:06 PM
The overabundance of junk emails during the holiday season!

Achilleslastand
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
So much hate. So much hate.

Take me away from all this hate Tom
I Love... Tom T. Hall... Original Version - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1svVMFwaOw)

I like beer.......

rezman
12-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Whiners.

Prunepicker
12-14-2013, 08:29 PM
This topic, sadly, is sort of counter to the Christmas season of hope and
love. But here are a few things I hate:

2. David Stanley car commercials (this should be number one!) Grrrrr. Will
NEVER buy a vehicle there because I hate their commercials so much.
3. Being placed on 'hold' on the phone while the recording says, "Please
stay on the line, your call is important to us".
4. Drivers who should not have been issued a drivers license due to
incompetence.

I've not watched a commercial since the Giants were in the Super
Bowl in the 80's. Seriously, they are a waste of time. Use your smart
phone to time the commercial breaks. Also, I haven't listened to a
radio commercial since 1985. I have a watch with a timer attached to
my steering wheel with Velcro. Being commercial free is wonderful.

Mississippi Blues
12-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Whiners.

& I hate you.

ljbab728
12-14-2013, 08:46 PM
This is all sounding very much like this thread from few months ago except it uses hate instead of peeves.

http://www.okctalk.com/current-events-open-topic/34504-pet-peeves.html

Mississippi Blues
12-14-2013, 09:05 PM
This is all sounding very much like this thread from few months ago except it uses hate instead of peeves.

http://www.okctalk.com/current-events-open-topic/34504-pet-peeves.html

Same poster started both threads, too. :eek:

RadicalModerate
12-14-2013, 09:58 PM
I sort of thought the same thing . . .
Yet I'd HATE to miss a nice opportunity to vent.

rezman
12-15-2013, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=Mississippi Blues;718889]& I hate you

Stop the world

trousers
12-15-2013, 08:17 AM
I hate
-mark ass busta's
-sucka MC's

That's about it.

Stew
12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
It annoys me I'm a horrible speller and my grammar sucks.
I ticks me off my intelligence doesn't match my curiosity.
And my egocentric nature is no picnic either.

Mississippi Blues
12-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Stop the world

That's on my "to do" list.

Richard at Remax
12-15-2013, 05:30 PM
As a 6 year season ticket holder, I hate when people tell me when I can and can't leave a thunder game. Watching 3rd stringers is painful in a blowout. I could care less if there is traffic too.

Jeepnokc
12-15-2013, 06:01 PM
8. I hate people that think they can drive faster than me.
9. I hate people that drive large pickup trucks & the douche-baggery's that they act like on the roads.

Does anyone find these two statements ironic? I'm going to be the fastest driver out there but those guys in big trucks are douchebags.

Mississippi Blues
12-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Does anyone find these two statements ironic? I'm going to be the fastest driver out there but those guys in big trucks are douchebags.

There's a word that I want you to remember & this word is a part of my life on a daily basis. Satire….

Chadanth
12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
People who do t know how to use the leftmost lane. Seriously, we need armed drones for this.

bchris02
12-15-2013, 08:45 PM
People who do t know how to use the leftmost lane. Seriously, we need armed drones for this.

Yeah a pet peeve of mine are grandmas poking along at 10 mph below the speed limit in the left lane. This seems pretty prevalent in OKC likely because all of the left exits. Unfortunately it slows up traffic when there is no reason for it to be slowed.

Richard at Remax
12-15-2013, 08:52 PM
People who think stop signs and yield signs are suggestions. Drones for this as well

Prunepicker
12-15-2013, 09:07 PM
People who think stop signs and yield signs are suggestions. Drones for
this as well
I would approve of drones with nukes, or at least
High Explosive Anti Tank weapons, for this!
Read H.E.A.T.

This makes me quite irritated. I certainly understand the
self-centeredness of not yielding or stopping. I always stop at stop signs.
I mean my wheels come to a complee stop for at least 3 seconds. As
far as not yielding goes... yielding doesn't mean to tap your brakes. It
means to yield! Yield means to stop if necessary.