View Full Version : Oklahoma's Transportation Heritage

Just the facts
12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
There are lots of great photos that pop up in other threads that show OKC once had the transportation many of us are pushing for today. I came across the photo Pete posted in another thread. I wonder if ODOT would ever consider putting one of these in again. I think this was at 39th St and Grand (now I-44 and LHP).

Here is an aerial from 1964. By 1969 it was gone:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/moose2.jpg

OKVision4U
12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Did we invent the clover leaf? ...I'm hoping not. Why?

At I-35 & Hwy 45 in Round Rock, TX is a great example of high volume traffic that works well with the driver & is very business friendly. Check it out.

bradh
12-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I like that pic, and underpass with no signals

I always thought cloverleafs were born out of California

Just the facts
12-06-2013, 07:41 PM
This intersection is more like the interchanges in the UK than anything else I have seen in Oklahoma. Of course, this intersection eventually became two freeways.

Dubya61
12-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I like the old interchange at 23rd and I-35, too (and there's a lot of it left). I think Pete has a picture of that on another thread, as well.

gjl
12-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I miss the Classen Circle. I heard it was one of the highest accident locations before it was removed but I never had trouble negotiating my way through and around it when it existed. Does anyone remember what year it was removed?

ljbab728
12-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I miss the Classen Circle. I heard it was one of the highest accident locations before it was removed but I never had trouble negotiating my way through and around it when it existed. Does anyone remember what year it was removed?

I don't remember when it was removed but I rejoiced when it was. I hated it.