View Full Version : World Cup 2014 Draw

bradh
12-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Welp, if we (the USMNT) wants the respect globally we have to beat the best, we'll certainly have the chance in Brazil. Opening up with Ghana...we are beating those fools this time!

Group G
Germany
Ghana
USA
Portugal

Pete
12-06-2013, 12:02 PM
That's a very tough draw but that's what happens when you aren't considered strong enough to be one of the top two teams in a group.

At least we won't have to play Germany and Portugal in Europe. We'll probably get a lot of neutral observers pulling for us as underdogs.

bradh
12-06-2013, 12:04 PM
That's a very tough draw but that's what happens when you aren't considered strong enough to be one of the top two teams in a group.

At least we won't have to play Germany and Portugal in Europe. We'll probably get a lot of neutral observers pulling for us as underdogs.

Kills me that Mexico and Honduras finish below us in CONCACAF and get considerably easier draws (yes I know Mexico plays Brazil, but the rest of that group is manageable).

Portugal is a 1 man team, but you won't hear any of the USMNT folk say that.

Mississippi Blues
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM
That's tough for USA. Good thing I'm rooting for Germany…. :)

bradh
12-06-2013, 02:18 PM
was that deal promoted? i would have gone considering work was closed today

Lord Helmet
12-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Whelp...it's a tough draw, but I still think it's manageable. We must get max points from Ghana in order to put some pressure on Portugal and Germany who will be the favorites to advance. I'd love to beat one of the other two, but it's possible that even going 1-1-1 might give us enough points to get through.

kwhey
12-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Group of Death

elitespy
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Man, wish I would have gone to skinny's this morning... Those pics make me regret it, lol. Oh well, I'll be there for the MLS finals match tomorrow, hopefully it will be a full house.