View Full Version : Attacks at Penn Square Mall

tomokc
12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Another attack at Penn Square Mall, this one a stabbing Wednesday afternoon on the parking garage. This is on the heels of a carjacking there over the weekend (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-police-looking-for-black-friday-robbers/article/3910498). Not to single out PSM, but they sure seem to attract more than their fair share of criminals. A link and the lead is below:

One victim treated, one in custody after stabbing at Penn Square Mall | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2013/12/04/one-victim-rushed-to-hospital-after-stabbing-at-penn-square-mall/)

OKLAHOMA CITY – Emergency crews are at the scene of a stabbing on top of a parking garage at a popular mall in Oklahoma City.

Officials were called to a possible stabbing at the parking garage of Penn Square Mall shortly before 4 p.m. on Wednesday.

Investigators learned that two men got into a fight on top of the parking garage and one of the men was stabbed.

Pete
12-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Hard to fault the mall for two guys getting in a fight in a parking garage -- wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other.

As for the carjacking, did you notice in that article that it happened after 2AM the morning after Thanksgiving and the couple had a TODDLER with them?? Nothing to do with the crime but what the H were these people doing?

hoya
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Hard to fault the mall for two guys getting in a fight in a parking garage -- wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other.

As for the carjacking, did you notice in that article that it happened after 2AM the morning after Thanksgiving and the couple had a TODDLER with them?? Nothing to do with the crime but what the H were these people doing?

Camping out for Black Friday?

onthestrip
12-04-2013, 05:15 PM
From a lawyer friend of mine...never park in the penn square parking garage.

Pete
12-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Camping out for Black Friday?

It said they were coming out of the mall at 2AM with over $1,300 worth of stuff the carjacker took.

MWCGuy
12-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I have a toddler and he would have been with a sitter if I was so inclined to do the overnight Black & Blue Friday Thing.

I was in retail for 8 years and I hated Black Friday sales. 18 hour days with a random breaks that consisted of stuffing something down your throat and getting back on the floor. Then to top it off you had the geniuses coming in the door late in the day for door buster items that sold out the first two hours we were open. Even if we had the items we still would not have been able to sell them at that price because the sale ended at noon.

My favorite one was when one lady almost started a riot when she was telling everyone all of our CD's were $7 when in reality it was the CD's on the front page of the ad only. We had to have our hired security guards physically remove her from the store.

Midtowner
12-05-2013, 05:15 AM
From a lawyer friend of mine...never park in the penn square parking garage.

In the mid 90s, my car was stolen from there.

I got it back the next day. It needed a new driver's side window and steering column. The thieves took a 5-year-old discman and left a $200 briefcase.

HangryHippo
12-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Odd, I've never heard a single person mention not parking in Penn Square's garage.

Richard at Remax
12-05-2013, 08:42 AM
can I get a quick summary of the nonsense that's gone on in the parking lots/garage over the past couple of months so I can present it to my wife to finally convince her to shop online?

tomokc
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
can I get a quick summary of the nonsense that's gone on in the parking lots/garage over the past couple of months so I can present it to my wife to finally convince her to shop online?

She can't do that either - hackers have stolen two million passwords from sites ranging from Facebook to payroll processor ADP More than 2 million Facebook, Google and other accounts compromised | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/05/passwords-guidelines-for-protecting-internet/)

But I see what you're really up to - you're trying to get out of shopping with her, and who can blame you for that!