View Full Version : Best iPhone App(s)

OKCisOK4me
11-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I've searched the forum through and through using both 'iphone' and 'apps' and yielded nothing so here goes.

What are your favorite apps? This is the one thing I enjoy about iPhone. The simple fact that there are apps available through iOS that are nowhere near being available on Android (which is why I thought Android was better because anyone can create an app for it).

There is one app right now that I've been absolutely loving for the last two weeks and can't put my phone down because of it. It's probably #3 behind Facebook and Dolphin Web Browser. The app is called QuizUp. It is a trivia app where you can test your wits against complete strangers or challenge your own friends! As you level up every level takes longer to complete based on how many points you gain per match-up (even if you lose). You can also gain several awards and badges for completing specific challenges. Every reviewer has claimed that the game is "addictive" and I 100% agree. If you have an iPhone, download it (not you AndrewPerry, I saw you're on it ;-))!

I also like Studio, which is not available--yet--on Android.

BlackmoreRulz
11-24-2013, 07:23 PM
"Golf Star" if you're in to golf simulations. Its a little slow to get your skills powered up but it's the best game I've seen.

OKCisOK4me
11-24-2013, 09:06 PM
"Golf Star" if you're in to golf simulations. Its a little slow to get your skills powered up but it's the best game I've seen.

That's one helluva download...297Mb, lol. Graphics look great but I'd have to imagine it'd be much more fun to play on an iPad.

Jeepnokc
11-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Not a game but more functional...tripit pro. Keeps track of all your itineraries, loyalty programs, flight info, etc. It is a must for anyone that does any traveling. Also, you can add friends (ie...business associates, wife, etc) and it lets you track their travel also so you know when they are getting in. The other ones I use most are LiquorRunMobile which pings your location and lets you know the nearest liquor store along with contact info and hours, GasBuddy which finds closest cheapest gas including diesel, and finally, TVFoodMaps which tells you the close local laces that have been on shows like Diners Drive ins and Dives, etc.

Stew
11-25-2013, 11:32 AM
I like Mint by intuit. Aside from the security concerns it's great if you have a lot of accounts and don't want to log in to them all to stay up to date with your finances.

MadMonk
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM
It's a niche app, but I like the ESPN fantasy football app even better than their website (for the iPad, I've never tried it on an iPhone).

ahlokc
11-25-2013, 03:29 PM
ESPN Scorecenter - (although I don't like the new update they did, will have to sync the old version back) sports news, scores, etc
iTV Shows - tracks TV shows you watch, tells you when new episodes will air (has reminders option too) even has a calendar view that will show you what tv show is on what day during the month
i.TV - basically a tv guide for your phone
Bejeweled - Probably my most played game
GasBuddy - Gas price tracker app has a list view/map view. Can sort by price or distance from your location in list view.
AppAdvice - Apple/App news, app guides, lists, reviews, sales
AppsGoneFree - Publishes a list of apps that have gone free for the day
NewsOK weatherwatch - Weather app (radar, forecast, weather watches/warnings, etc)
Tweetbot - Since I have a twitter acct.

I have more, but this is probably enough for now.

OKCisOK4me
11-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I have 85 apps. Definitely not listing them all. From what I can see, most of the apps posted are available for Android system too, which isn't what I was requesting in my OP but if you've never had anything other than an iPhone, I guess it'd be hard for you to know ;-)

ahlokc
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Hah, yea I've never had an Android phone :|

Prunepicker
11-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Find iPhone
Drudge

BBatesokc
11-26-2013, 04:55 PM
The 'best' app is the rare one you still are using 6-months later.

I have a ton of apps I thought I had to have - only to learn it keeps me entertained for about a week.

The apps I have been using for some time now are....

1.) Snapseed
2.) PlaceMe
3.) Google Maps
4.) Facebook
5.) Top Camera
6.) Tweetbot
7.) Clear
8.) Bento
9.) DropBox
10.) mSecure
11.) Informant
12.) SpeaknPhoto
13.) Craigslist+
14.) JotNotPro
15.) Scanner911
16.) CampareMe
17.) Khan Academy
18.) TV Guide
19.) BOK
20.) UrbanSpoon
21.) DigiFit
22.) MapMyRun+

OKCisOK4me
11-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I'll be checking those out Brian!

You're right though, those apps lose my interest after a week or so...

Prunepicker
11-27-2013, 10:43 PM
The 'best' app is the rare one you still are using 6-months later.
Cool. Then my best apps are:
Urbanspoon
Pandora (Listening to the Yes Album right now)
Metronome
Find my iPhone (I use it daily)
Drudge
Weather Underground
Weather Quickie
BBC
HuffPo
Fox News
SuperPages
Blue Letter Bible. I like the Greek Bible. NOT an interlinear.

I've been using these for over a year!

catch22
11-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Apps I use regularly:

Soundhound
Facebook
Instagram
Instafollow (Utility for Instagram)
Twitter
FindUnfollow (Utility for Twitter)
ESPN
AirBNB
The Weather Channel
Radarscope
United Airlines
Google Maps

Prunepicker
11-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Radarscope
What's that?

OKCisOK4me
11-28-2013, 10:30 PM
What's that?

A very impressive $10.00 radar app that I will never purchase, lol.

Prunepicker
11-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Does anybody have a favorite news aggregator app?

Prunepicker
11-29-2013, 04:44 PM
A very impressive $10.00 radar app that I will never purchase, lol.
Meaning police radar?

I've not bought an app.

cfeken
12-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Listening to Yes That's showing your age.lol

OKCisOK4me
12-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Meaning police radar?

I've not bought an app.

Weather radar