View Full Version : Are you single?

mranderson
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
We have had quite a few new people on the singles threads lately. So, what I would like to know, is how many single people we have. (includes divorce or widowed).

Some I know are, some I am not sure. So, let us know.

You may give a short bio if you would like.

dirtrider73068
07-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Well not quite single but am still separated have been since aug last year. Don't know if it will be a single later down the road or if it will continue a marriage, its still on the rocks for the time being.

Intrepid
07-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Recently separated. Looks like headed for divorce. =( So, at this time, count me in.

dirtrider73068
07-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Your pretty much in the same boat as I am, intrepid.

Intrepid
07-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Your pretty much in the same boat as I am, intrepid.

yeah, i was told last night that she wanted to go ahead and file. I guess deep down I knew that it was headed for this, I just didn't want to see it.

<sigh>

dirtrider73068
07-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Yea I know how that is I am same way I want to file but then I don't trying to give her that chance to come around, but she hasn't yet. But each day goes by I still wonder how its gonna turn out. I don't want it to happen but can't keep sitting here wondering whats gonna happen to do that life is wasteing away.

Intrepid
07-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Yea I know how that is I am same way I want to file but then I don't trying to give her that chance to come around, but she hasn't yet. But each day goes by I still wonder how its gonna turn out. I don't want it to happen but can't keep sitting here wondering whats gonna happen to do that life is wasteing away.

I know what you mean. I definitely do not want to file, but I can't keep her from it. So we'll see....

Despite the crappy situation, it's nice to have others to "talk" to who are going thru the same thing(s).

dirtrider73068
07-21-2005, 06:12 PM
I have been dealing with it for the past year, its hard. If it happens with me I have 2 kids involved. Its scares me to know that I may end up haveing to care for 2 kids by myself, at this point its hard to trust her in what she does. She broke her trust with me by cheating me. If you ever want to talk give me a shout on pm or something I would be happy to chat I have 3 im services to btw if you would like to im let me know.

Intrepid
07-21-2005, 06:39 PM
I have been dealing with it for the past year, its hard. If it happens with me I have 2 kids involved. Its scares me to know that I may end up haveing to care for 2 kids by myself, at this point its hard to trust her in what she does. She broke her trust with me by cheating me. If you ever want to talk give me a shout on pm or something I would be happy to chat I have 3 im services to btw if you would like to im let me know.

I'd love to chat sometime. I'm usually on Yahoo Messenger. In fact, I've already added you to my buddy list.

windowphobe
07-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Divorced since 1987.

Curt
07-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Single, was engaged once, but did not work out, and just never met anyone since that was a realistic possibility.

travich
07-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Single/dating someone. I kind of like being single... I wish I would have done this before my first marriage. You know, enjoy life a little. :P

BricktownGuy
07-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Single here.

Faith
07-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Married/ seperated for the last 5 months. We are trying to work things out but I don't feel like I could ever trust him again. Not sure what will happen. I'm taking it one day at a time! : )

sweetdaisy
07-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Single here. I've recently started seeing someone on occasion, but am unsure of the relationship? (only been 3 weeks) I think I like the certainty of singledom better.

Divorced in 1998. Last relationship lasted 3 years and have been split since April 2004. He's the one I want to seek revenge on (see revenge thread). hee hee!

Curt
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Single here. I've recently started seeing someone on occasion, but am unsure of the relationship? (only been 3 weeks) I think I like the certainty of singledom better.

Divorced in 1998. Last relationship lasted 3 years and have been split since April 2004. He's the one I want to seek revenge on (see revenge thread). hee hee!
I thought you were moving back to Ann Arbor and you were going to take me out to dinner, :)

Leon
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Separated one year.....going through the big D now.

osupa05
07-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Single, never been married, never done the horizontal Mambo (haha!), been out a few times with a cute guy, who happens to be very nice (yes, some girls do like nice guys!), but too early for anything serious. My last somewhat serious relationship was over four years ago and we are now good friends (after spending a couple of years apart). It was the only time I can truly say my heart was broken! Not fun, but a growing experience, none-the-less! That pretty much sums it up!

kschopfer
08-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Single, once married. Not sure If I'd do again. Dated the man of my dreams, he broke my heart and left me in the bone yard, with all the other scraps (smile).
Just kidding (not bitter) heehee. Yeah I wouldn't mind revenge, but nooooo.

Looking for the right man again to date seriously and to spoil, I'm sure he is out there.
If I find him I'll help make it worth our efforts.

angelice
08-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Single - have been for about 7 years. I guess I just got use to having the house and myself the way I want things. I enjoy coming home and not having to answer to anyone and can just be lazy, but at the same time I would enjoy coming home and talking to a loved one about my day and so on.

dirtrider73068
08-18-2005, 02:55 PM
I know that feeling of coming home alone and haveing the to yourself. I do that everyday, and am not likeing it. I don't like being alone I like ot have somebody to talk to and to cuddle with. I myself admit I can be lazy some, ok alot. But thats expected when you work hard all day outside and want to be lazy. Been kinda single, separated for the past year, and it has not been fun I can say that.

mranderson
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Actually, although I would rather be married, I like the idea of coming home to the peace and quiet of my dog and the television. The thought of being able to peel off my duds and just lounge around with no one to bother me is a good thought.

I am stuck with my brother and my niece, so I do not get that peace and quiet... Oh how I miss it.

gbyte
08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Single...been that way too long, never married either

Just say that it started with goals of finishing off full-time work and college that turned into being too old for 95% of the available ones after I finally graduated and find some time

Hoping that somewhere down here I might be able to break my spree, hehe