View Full Version : Parent accuses Texas high school football coach of bullying after 91-0 blowout game

GoOKC1991
10-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Parent accuses Texas high school football coach of bullying after 91-0 blowout game | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/22/parent-accuses-texas-high-school-football-coach-bullying-after-1-0-blowout-game/)

The team has since been cleared of any bullying as they should be....I cannot fathom how a parent sees this as bullying. If you can't stop them, oh well.

jerrywall
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I saw the story this morning on TV and felt the same way. A couch can't tell players not to score.

Mississippi Blues
10-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I saw the story this morning on TV and felt the same way. A couch can't tell players not to score.

I agree, a couch can't tell players not to score. :)

Roger S
10-23-2013, 03:14 PM
He could have asked his players to all run backwards but then when they scored someone would have considered that bullying.

I think that all parents that put their kids in any sport should be required to sign a waiver that states they understand that their kid will be a loser.

On the other hand.... My 8-ball league team got our butts handed to us 80 to 12 last night.... I may have a potential lawsuit to take up here!;)

OKCisOK4me
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I heard that chatter on the radio yesterday. I think that parent needs to deal with it and quit being so much of a panzee! One caller said, "maybe the kid should play soccer (a sport where no one will be blown out)".

Dubya61
10-23-2013, 04:30 PM
soccer (a sport where no one will be blown out)".

Sadly, I coached my daughter's team in soccer and can prove your statement to be wrong. I suck as a soccer coach.

kelroy55
10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
The coach of the team that got beat say's it wasn't bullying and the school district decide the same thing. The school that one is undefeated the past couple years and has been asking to be moved up a division but the district has refused.

OKCisOK4me
10-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Sadly, I coached my daughter's team in soccer and can prove your statement to be wrong. I suck as a soccer coach.

Really? You lost by 91? I didn't say it but you're more than welcome to prove the radio caller wrong ;)

rezman
10-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Would the "unnamed father" who filed the complaint like a little cheese to go with his whine? .. And no he mad no mention that his team just wasn't any good.

RadicalModerate
10-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Somebody needs to call that guy a "Waaaaaaaambulance."

On the other hand, I suppose that as Petula Clark once said . . .
RaeKpFuLvIY

Bill Robertson
10-24-2013, 06:46 AM
From what I read the coach pulled the starters after 21 plays, ran almost all running plays and let the clock run down as much as possible before each snap. What else could he do? You can't tell 2nd and 3rd string high school players to lay off. No bullying here.

OKVision4U
10-24-2013, 06:53 AM
I heard that chatter on the radio yesterday. I think that parent needs to deal with it and quit being so much of a panzee! One caller said, "maybe the kid should play soccer (a sport where no one will be blown out)".

I thought soccer was the sport that all the mommies wanted, so little billy could "participate".

This is what happens when the (non competitive leagues) grow up to the high school level now.

OKVision4U
10-24-2013, 06:58 AM
From what I read the coach pulled the starters after 21 plays, ran almost all running plays and let the clock run down as much as possible before each snap. What else could he do? You can't tell 2nd and 3rd string high school players to lay off. No bullying here.

This is not bullying, It's competition. This is why they keep score. The 2nd string / 3rd string wants to get their name in the paper too. They worked hard all week, and this is their chance to get int there and show the coach why they deserve a "shot" at first string. Sometimes, they score alot of points too.

RadicalModerate
10-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Maybe if the winning team had refrained from giving the losing team's defense Atomic Wedgies, after each touchdown, the complaint would be entirely groundless . . .