View Full Version : Class Reunions

okiemom
07-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Who go's and who doesn't? I just came back from my 30 year one. Not a single one of the people I ran with in high school was there but I still had fun.
I missed my 10 year, made the 20 year, missed the 25 year but managed to make this one.
The sad news is that out of a graduating class of 300, only 60 alumni came.
Even sadder, we've lost 10% of our classmates.
Of course I ended up sitting next a woman I strongly disliked in highschool. It took about 2 minutes to remember why I didn't like her.
Other than that, it was a blast. We ate, we drank, we danced, we talked, we looked at old pictures and bragged about our kids.

windowphobe
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Haven't made a single one of mine yet (next is 40th in 2009).

MadMonk
07-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Haven't made a single one of mine yet

20th is this year, but I'm not going. I really have no desire to see most of the people I went to H.S. with. The exceptions are the ones I stay in contact with anyway.

mranderson
07-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I would say there is less than one percent of the 700 people in my graduating class I really care to see again... So. No. I have no plans to ever attend one.

I can count on one hand the number of true friends I have from High School. Some are dead, some in prison, some skipped the state. A few, although not friends, are ones I have to admit I am quite proud of.

rxis
07-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't care to ever go back to my high school. I doubt very many would attend a reunion from my high school.

MadMonk
07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I just heard from a fellow alum friend that our reunion's 20th was a pathetic joke. Fewer than 40 showed up from a class of over 300. Funny, thats exactly how I had imagined it would be... :D

Keith
07-25-2005, 06:54 PM
20th is this year, but I'm not going. I really have no desire to see most of the people I went to H.S. with. The exceptions are the ones I stay in contact with anyway.
I went to my 10 year reunion, back in 1989, and had a pretty good time. The only big downfall was the fact that, the ones that hung around together back in school, still hung around together at the reunion. Plus, many of my classmates were comparing careers, to see who was the most successful. Unfortunately, I was unemployed at the time, so I stayed out of that conversation.

Last year was my 25th reunion, however, I did not attend because I had to work. I talked with a female friend of mine that did go, and she said it was like a bunch of overgrown kids getting drunk and making fools of themselves.

karlanee
08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I've not gone to any of my reunions - I figure if they didn't want to be my friend then - why fake it now?