View Full Version : OKC’s Best Burger

cagoklahoma
10-18-2013, 02:38 PM
I just posted about my experience at Ice House during lunch today, and that got me thinking. Where would you go to find OKC’s best burger? We have so many great burger places, most of which are local, I think. There’s not really any reason to go to Chili’s or Red Robin for a burger, or even 5 guys for that matter. Maybe Pete can award OKC Talk’s first “Best of OKC Talk” award.
Locals are Johnnie’s, Tucker’s, Bunny’s, Ice House, Nic’s, Irma’s, S&B,…
Chains: Chili’s, Red Robin, Five Guys,…
Who am I missing?

pickles
10-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Republic has one of the city's best burgers.

cagoklahoma
10-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Republic has one of the city's best burgers.

I don't know how I forgot about that pretzel bun.

Bellaboo
10-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Onion Burger on Western is pretty fair.

Dubya61
10-18-2013, 03:44 PM
I love Patty Wagon. Cooked to order, fresh 100% local farm raised beef (hormone and antibiotic free), hand cut fries, sweet sourdough bun (actually, the bun doesn't quite stand up to their burger). It's my favorite. Truth in Advertising: I've not tried Nic's or Tuck's -- a major flaw in my statement.

boscorama
10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Good burgers at Earls, Cow Calf Hay, and Garage. Boneyard Grill in Guthrie.

Easy180
10-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Bacon cheeseburger at 5 Guys or sausage cheeseburger at Ron's

ljbab728
10-18-2013, 08:40 PM
There have been many threads here about OKC burgers. This isn't just about OKC but most here were discussed.

http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaurants/14917-best-burgers-oklahoma.html

As in many things, best is a subjective term. Everyone has a little different idea about what best means and how it applies to what they like.

Richard at Remax
10-20-2013, 09:41 PM
The Big Ed

Patrick
10-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Braums. lol!

RadicalModerate
10-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Braums. lol!

"Whutchumean, 'lol!', in connection with a Braum's Burger, Vern?"
http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2012/10/2012-10-16-ernest_p_worrell-e1350441156824.jpg
"Is you through with them fries?"

OKVision4U
10-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Braums. lol!

Braum's should NEVER be a consideration for best hamburger. Their entire menu has issues. ...they were good in the 80's. ....they haven't made it into the year 2013.

SOONER8693
10-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Braum's should NEVER be a consideration for best hamburger. Their entire menu has issues. ...they were good in the 80's. ....they haven't made it into the year 2013.
I think Braums makes a pretty darn good burger. Now you may get a clunker from certain locations. But, if you have a fav Braums that is reliable, their burgers aren't bad at all. My 10 cents worth.

RadicalModerate
10-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Braum's should NEVER be a connsideration for best hamburger. Their entire menu has issues. ...they were good in the 80's. ....they haven't made it into the year 2013.

By "issues" (entire menus, the having thereof) do you, like, mean "copycat wannabees"""children of"?
Or do you simply mean you aren't particularly fond of their hamburgers?

It's a good burger, fast and for a fair price.
The milk at Braum's can't be beat anywhere at any price.
(imho)

BBatesokc
10-23-2013, 04:40 AM
My tastes change depending on my mood. There is actually a time when only a Big Mac can satisfy my craving (fortunately its only maybe once every couple of years).

Beyond that, when I'm considering a burger I always lean to either the Garage (love the convenience to my house, the atmosphere and the consistent taste and quality), Cow Calf Hay (used to get their bizarre burgers, but now i just stick to their basics - and my stomach is thankful), Johnnie's #9 (doesn't taste like the other places in town - and sometimes that's a good thing) Nic's (only when I'm with other people and we either don't mind standing in line forever, or we happen to go by and see no line). S&B (but only the 9/Broadway location and only when I'm with others that want to go - probably the least favorite of my 'favorites.')

I've had other good and even great burgers, but those are my go-to places with any regularity.

As for Braum's - I've had tons of them and haven't been satisfied with them in about 8-10 years. Never go there by choice, and don't consider them to be very good.

I do like the Smashburgers and FiveGuys, there just isn't one close to me and I prefer local. But, I never say 'no' if those I'm with wanna drive to one.

metro
10-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Nic's

MWCGuy
10-27-2013, 02:53 AM
1. Five Guys (Bacon Cheeseburger Loaded)
2. Red Robin (Royal Red Robin with a fried egg is very tasty.)
3. Johnnie's (#19 Bacon Cheeseburger with Mayo)
4. Whataburger (Bacon Cheese Whataburger with avocado)
5. McDonald's (Double Quarter Pounder Hot and Fresh with mayo instead of ketchup and mustard at Lunchtime with fresh hot fries)

I was not all that impressed with Tuckers. The Mother Tucker just wasn't what I expected it to be. It ranked with Little Mikes or HD's on 122nd and Rockwell. (Which aren't bad, they are just not in my list of favorites.) I would love to try one of the other local places however, I'm never near those places when I am in the mood for a burger. I am not the type to drive across town to eat a burger. I go where ever is close by because I turn into Joe Pesci when I get well into my hungry stage. It's funny when I get irritable the first words out of the wife's mouth are "When was the last time you ate?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixNh9L7G5M

I know I would not last the wait at Nic's. Anything past 15 minutes, I would leave and go elsewhere. When I'm ready to eat, I want to eat now, not 30 minutes, not 45 minutes, not an hour or two. Now.

ThomPaine
10-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I finally went to Texadelphia today with a group. I guess that the right thing to do would have been to get a cheesesteak, but I wanted a burger. I got the Okie burger (cheddar cheese, hickory sauce, mayo, and fried pickles). Not in the top of "best OKC burgers" but it was a good burger (for a chain), grilled fresh after ordering, and pretty tasty - I'd eat another. I didn't care much for their fries though...