View Full Version : Edmond man murders pregnant OKC prostitute in Guthrie and defiles her body

BBatesokc
10-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Edmond man murders prostitute & commits necrophilia

Link to my story (http://johntv.com/edmond-man-murders-prostitute-commits-necrophilia/)

Link to News9 story (http://www.news9.com/story/23701584/oklahoma-man-charged-in-murders-of-woman-her-unborn-child).

Question: Shouldn't Erin Smith and Whiteside face charges since they facilitated the felony crime Carder was murdered in the process of committing with them?

kelroy55
10-16-2013, 10:27 AM
OK now that's just creepy

RadicalModerate
10-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Well, at least now I'm not as concerned as I was a minute ago about the failure to raise the debt ceiling and impending world financial catastrophe. And, for that, I thank you.

I think some people are beginning to take Halloween far too seriously.

kevinpate
10-16-2013, 01:22 PM
BBates, yes the prosecution could elect to file charges against Smith and Whiteside. Each could be charged with felony murder second degree. It's not mandatory to charge them, but it would fit under 21 OS 701.8(2)

BBatesokc
10-16-2013, 02:52 PM
News9 is now reporting that...

"...At this point, Richard Stephens, a spokesperson for the Logan County Sheriff Office, says investigators are not pursuing criminal charges against Smith or Whiteside, although both allegedly aided Carder in prostitution… Logan County District Attorney Tom Lee said it’s an ongoing investigation, and recommendation for charges against the two have been not been submitted to his office.”

I don't agree at all and hope this is just a cover until they've gotten all they need from them and then charge them.

Whiteside has a long criminal history and was most likely the pimp in this deal.

Regardless, they facilitated the criminal activity that led to Carder's murder (and the murder of her unborn child) and should face the consequences - Carder already has and Slawson soon will.

Dustin
10-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Jezzus... Thats just awful.

RadicalModerate
10-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Just listened to the TVNewzVersion (TVNV) of the story.
It was described as "fairly disturbing."

If I lived in Guthrie I would object.
(On the grounds that it is, actually, unfairly disturbing.)

But, again, thanx for the distraction from the unfairly disturbing events in D.C.

Dubya61
10-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Woman that found her states she was glad that she wasn't accompanied by one of her 15(?!?) kids when she was walking that morning. Is there a subdivision with a big shoe up there in Guthrie?

kevinpate
10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Woman that found her states she was glad that she wasn't accompanied by one of her 15(?!?) kids when she was walking that morning. Is there a subdivision with a big shoe up there in Guthrie?

In fairness there was a reference I saw to an extended family living together or near each other.

BBatesokc
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
In fairness there was a reference I saw to an extended family living together or near each other.

That's correct.

And, there must be alot of that going on in that there neck of the woods.

The mobile home littered community where the murder happened is a mix a family, extended family and potential family.

The area where the body was dumped is apparently a similar patch of land inhabited by mostly kinfolk.

RadicalModerate
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM

Ohhhh . . . I see now . . . This was one o' them Gypsy/Traveler" deals . . .
Case Dismissed In The Name of Diversity. =)
(dang i miss "breaking bad") . . .

So . . . Was the location in question anywhere's near the wannabe "haunted abandoned motel/whatever" north of the river, or was it in the vicinity of The Stone Lion Inn?

(at the risk of being accused of cross-pollinating discussions . . . any updates on how "the body politic" is being defiled in D.C.?)

kevinpate
10-16-2013, 07:00 PM

there must be alot of that going on in that there neck of the woods.

And there are many such neck of the woods throughout our state. Fortunately, not all of them are body dumps.

MWCGuy
10-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Yet, we still continue to cut mental health services in this country. This story right here is living proof while we need a strong mental health and prison system. I have a feeling as this makes it through the court system defense attorneys will argue that Slawson made several attempts to get help through the system however, he was turned away or did not have insurance or any other way to receive inpatient treatment. Based on everything I read, I have a feeling this guy is going to end up in Vinita and not in Mcalester.

jn1780
10-16-2013, 09:33 PM
…[Slawson] then had sex with the deceased Carder only for a short time, because she was dead and it just wasn’t right. ”

Well, I'm glad he has boundaries. <sarc>

Mel
10-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Monsters like this always start out abusing and killing animals to help with their process of dehumanizing. Reading what he did to animals made me ill and then what he did to that young girl is just the next step. :mad:

kevinpate
10-17-2013, 09:04 AM
... Based on everything I read, I have a feeling this guy is going to end up in Vinita and not in Mcalester.

Even knowing there is more to be revealed (there always is) I can't say that's the feeling I came away with. There may be enough there to be a significant factor in the sentencing options. I can see an evaluation in his future, but I don't anticipate permanent residency in V-ville for this chap.

boscorama
10-17-2013, 08:05 PM
It was in the general area of Bryant and Charter Oak, or Simpson.

Ohhhh . . . I see now . . . This was one o' them Gypsy/Traveler" deals . . .
Case Dismissed In The Name of Diversity. =)
(dang i miss "breaking bad") . . .

So . . . Was the location in question anywhere's near the wannabe "haunted abandoned motel/whatever" north of the river, or was it in the vicinity of

(at the risk of being accused of cross-pollinating discussions . . . any updates on how "the body politic" is being defiled in D.C.?)