View Full Version : P.F. Chang's???

Patrick
09-01-2004, 01:52 PM
It still really upsets me that PF Changs chose the Memorial and Penn site over Bricktown. The reason they gave: Bricktown wasn't upscale enough for their operations.

Well, now they're going to be next to a Circuit city, just down the street for a McDonald's and Toy's R Us, and on the other side of the road from a Super Target, with Wal-Mart and Sam's Club nearby.

Um. That's more upscale?

This just irritates the cr@p out of me.

A location near the theater on the Bricktown canal, I feel, would've been a better fit for PF Chang's. The PF Chang's in Tulsa islocated at Utica square, a very upscale shopping center. Seems like if they didn't want a downtown site in OKC, they would've at least have considered Penn Square (a more upscale area) over Memorial and Penn (a typical suburban development with mostly doscount stores, nothing upscale at all).

swake
09-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Don’t be so worried about PF Chang’s, it’s just a chain restaurant. They have a nice building but the food and service are really nothing great. It’s not even all that expensive. Can’t quite figure all the crowds out, but then Tulsans always have been suckers for the trendy. And this month, Chang’s is trendy. Flemming’s next door to Chang’s in Tulsa is the same thing except they really are pricey. I think they are going into OKC soon too. They are the big new “it” restaurants here and are far from the best Asian food or Steakhouse. Wish we would get a Ruth’s Chris or a Cheesecake Factory instead. Tulsa does have The Melting Pot coming to the new Riverwalk Crossing in Jenks, now that’s really a outstanding chain restaurant.

Patrick
09-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the info swake! I know you guys have a Chang's up there in Utica....so it's always nice to hear from someone that is familiar with what's going on! Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Bricktown isn't getting a Chang's. Instead, we're getting a more unique and local Toby Keith venue, which will be far more attractive than Chang's anyways.

I still just don't understand Chang's reasoning for choosing Memorial and Penn over Bricktown. But that's okay. It's their loss!