View Full Version : AD's Son Killed by Mother's Boyfriend

venture
10-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Report: Adrian Peterson's young son dies after assault - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/adrian-peterson-son-alleged-assault/index.html?hpt=hp_c2)

Terrible news.

Mel
10-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Sad, but I'm hearing this same song way too many times. A child's life is way more important than getting boinked. This one made the national news because of who the baby daddy is.

kelroy55
10-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Very sad.... I was surprised he said he was going to play today.

Garin
10-13-2013, 09:42 AM

People deal with adversity in different ways... His escape is football always has been and always will be.

kelroy55
10-13-2013, 10:35 AM
People deal with adversity in different ways... His escape is football always has been and always will be.

and you know this how?

Achilleslastand
10-13-2013, 12:04 PM
There should be a special set of rules that apply in cases such as this.
China deals with things like this quite efficiently,
It involves...
A secluded field.
1 round from an assault rifle.
And all healthy organs harvested.

jn1780
10-13-2013, 01:46 PM

Yeah, but its his career though. His connection with this son is not nearly as strong as with Adrian Peterson Jr, because of geographic reasons if nothing else.

bluedogok
10-13-2013, 04:18 PM
and you know this how?
He went to the combine right after his brother died, many use it as a means of escapism instead wallowing in self pity like many seem to think you are supposed to do.

Adrian Peterson releases statement on decision to play - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites (http://fansided.com/2013/10/13/adrian-peterson-releases-statement-decision-play/)

SoonerQueen
10-13-2013, 10:31 PM
He went to the combine right after his brother died, many use it as a means of escapism instead wallowing in self pity like many seem to think you are supposed to do.

Adrian Peterson releases statement on decision to play - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites (http://fansided.com/2013/10/13/adrian-peterson-releases-statement-decision-play/)

I read that he didn't even know this boy was his son until 3 months ago. He met him for the first time Thursday when he visited him at the hospital.There is a picture circulating of AD kissing a little boy on the football field. That is a picture of he and his son AD Jr., not the child that died.He is asking people to quit posting that picture. I can't understand the mom letting a man like the acused move in with her and her son. She should be feeling a lot of guilt over that decision. You can't be too careful who you allow around your kids.

RadicalModerate
10-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Don't you find the turning of the direction of the original intent of this thread from Sincere Sympathy to Second-guessing to be as distressing as the downfall of The Sooners to The Longhorns? After all, the dude sired a son and placed the lad on the margins of his life in the hands of the sperm recipient and her new boyfriend. Give him a friggin' break fer cryin' out loud. Geez . . .

That is, of course, only one way to look at the situation.

Perhaps, in view of the Cultural Prioritizing of Athletes (and MinstrelTroubadors), The Mayans/Aztecs had it right:
You Lose The Game, You Lose Your Life.
Wrong Note, Your Throat.

(yet . . . I could be wrong. again.
still . . . I think that all of the confusion here could be cleared by implementing Achilles' (#6) suggestion, c/o The Chinese.)

The downside is that it would cut back on the available amount of bitching, griping, whining and moaning over one more thing over which we have no control.

did I leave out "heartbreak"? sorry. didn't mean to.
if "liberals" think of it as an "extra-late-term abortion" it might make dealing with "the grief" or whatever easier.

SoonerQueen
10-14-2013, 02:04 AM
I am a mother of two, and grandmother to almost three. I can't imagine the heartache to the family losing a little child like that. I can't imagine losing a child period. My thoughts and prayers do go out to Adrian and the families involved.

kelroy55
10-14-2013, 07:27 AM
I read that he didn't even know this boy was his son until 3 months ago. He met him for the first time Thursday when he visited him at the hospital.There is a picture circulating of AD kissing a little boy on the football field. That is a picture of he and his son AD Jr., not the child that died.He is asking people to quit posting that picture. I can't understand the mom letting a man like the acused move in with her and her son. She should be feeling a lot of guilt over that decision. You can't be too careful who you allow around your kids.

I saw that too and that might explain why he played.