View Full Version : What do you think? (for the guys)

mranderson
07-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Based on what women have told you, what do you think they like or are like? (of the following areas)

1. Favorite type food.

2. Activity.

3. Type of man they want.

4. Type of man they will settle for.

5. Favorite pet.

6. Hopes for the futue.

7. Type of affection.

8. Their typical job (what the women do for a living)

9. Level of romance.

10. Hopes for a relationship with YOU.

11. Anything I forgot.

Curt
07-18-2005, 09:03 AM
1.Italian
2.Shopping
3.Jerks
4.Nice guy
5.Dogs
6.One day at a time, no plans
7.Very Little, too much chases most women away I have found
8.Clerical/office managment
9.When they have time for you
10.None
11.?

mranderson
07-18-2005, 09:35 AM
1. Favorite type food.
Mexican

2. Activity.
Walks in the park, candlelight dinners, other "romantic" things.

Physically perfect and self centered

Good looking and self centered

5. Favorite pet.
Cat

6. Hopes for the futue.
Marriage as long as it is not to you

7. Type of affection.
Hand holding, hugs, kissing

Medical. Usually, a nurse

9. Level of romance.
They claim they want public affection and lots of kissing... Until they meet
you.

After one date, they would die first.

Leon
07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Based on what women have told you, what do you think they like or are like? (of the following areas)

1. Favorite type food.
Italian

2. Activity.
Walks with someone, chick flicks on TV

Jocks and bad-boys period (anything else will be tolerated until an available one comes along).....I came back to add to this one.....Jocks on the surface, but really, they want a man that other men like to hang around.....Guys, if you want your choice of women....stop chasing them and start hangin' with the fellas...they will come to you.

One with a good income and lots of time....until a muscle guy comes along, then all bets are off.

5. Favorite pet.
Cats

6. Hopes for the futue.
Security

7. Type of affection.
Come on....you know this changes by the hour or minute.

Primarily administrative stuff

9. Level of romance.
huh?

The ones who want me are the ones who know me well...most are already married....I'm non-threatening, dependable, accepting, trustworthy with their deep thoughts/secrets. The thing is, it takes time for them to know those things. I'm a hell of a catch. My drawback is that it takes me a while to open up to anyone...quiet and reserved. So there you have it....The ladies who interact with me over time learn those things....those happen to be mostly married co-workers and friends' wives who either want some 'strange' or want to know where they're going before they leave.....both are off limits for me. Once a married woman told me of a conversation she had with another, it was said, "Oh, he'd make a good step-daddy.". We were all three married with kids at the time. Women aren't above stealing another's man, especially if they're looking for a place to go.

11. Anything I forgot.
-Type of sex they like:
-----Variety; they'll get it, either through a variety of men or a man who does something different every night....suprises them. (me).
- Type of woman I'm attracted to most:
-----Average or better body and mind, blue jeans, t-shirt, (when away from work) and blonde hair (repeat, most).
- Physical mandates for me:
-----Not obese, no tattoos, no piercings other than ears.

Leon
07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Dang!.....I need to write a book.

osupa05
07-18-2005, 08:17 PM
OK, I know this is "for the guys", but you guys are kind of mean! I know I have my faults, as does every other woman and man on this planet, but on behalf of some of us, we are not ALL like the above posts! I realize past experiences have biased your opinion, but you've got to give somebody a chance or else end up without someone. Your choice! Sure, I admit, I have my stubborn streak and at times I'm more likely to give/want affection that other times, but I will not "tolerate" a man, or "settle" for a man until "who I'm looking for" comes along. I'd rather be single, thank you! I'm not looking for a "good income" or "muscles". I will not "steal" somebody else's man, and while I like chick flicks, that's not my favorite activity. I realize that this is probably just for fun and not meant to inflict injury, but ouch! She's out there guys, just don't bury your head in the ground thinking we're all alike and all out to hurt you.

Curt
07-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Osoupa, I know not all women are like what some of guys have had in the past, there are alot of men just as bad, if not worse. But women know you control the whole relationship game, and therefore you have us by the balls, and most women thrive on that power. Most women dont want commitment anymore, you show me a woman that wants to share her life with me, and not cheat on me, and love me with all her heart and I will give her the best life I can possibly give a woman. I met a girl this weekend at a party, at a bar, I talked to her and within one minute she turned and became a bitch to me, I told her that if she wanted to talk to me after that she has to come to me, I was just trying to be friendly and make conversation, she is the bar owners friend and I was NOT looking for anything other than talk, needless to say, she never came to talk to me, but her loss, not mine. That is why we guys are so gun shy and passive anymore, we are afraid of getting our heads bit off on front of the whole world. Another example, a sandwhich shop I go to for lunch, last week I got two notes written in my sandwhich wrapper, telling me how good I looked, and had smiley faces and hearts drawn on them, so I got the nerve up to confront the girl and invite her to dinner, only to get shot down in front of the whole sandwhich shop customers. Never again.

Leon
07-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Osupa, none of my ansewers were intended to be cruel or woman-bashing. But based on my experience.... in particular to questions 3, 4, and 10....(and I've stated in other threads how frequently I've seen women cheat), what I've written is accurate and true to me.

I really don't have issues with foods, cats, chick flicks, or security.

And remember....these answers come from a perspective outside your own mind, and other ladies' own minds....they're visual and observed by me.

Maybe what we're scratching the surface of hear is that MEN are quite a bit MORE in contact with their emotions than they ever get credit for....And women a little less caring than given credit for being.

Refer to questions 3, 4, and 10 again.....those same things have been said about men (180 degrees out) for decades.

Osupa, men have been taking the same things said about them for a LONG time, we've been bashed for a long time by many directions, we've been accused of cheating and thinking ONLY with our "little heads", we've been called unemotional and uncaring.....Show me a middle aged white guy on a TV commercial today who's not made out to be an idiot....incapable of taking care of himself.

I've witnessed multiple women do all that stuff in those questions....and experienced a lot of it personally.

We base our values on our experiences through life and the above are some of mine. Values cannot change simply because someone else disagrees with them.

mranderson
07-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Amen, my brothers, amen.:bow:

Curt
07-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Let me just say, I am not woman bashing, I am just speaking from my own personal experiences. You know, I really do want to have so much love for someone that it hurts, but lately it has hurt in the wrong ways.

Leon
07-18-2005, 09:29 PM
MRANDERSON....I hope you get more replies to your original post.....good thread.

Leon
07-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Give us credit......regardless of the crap we write, we're still trying...just being more cautious and protecting ourselves.

Curt
07-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Give us credit......regardless of the crap we write, we're still trying...just being more cautious and protecting ourselves.
Right on my brother.

sweetdaisy
07-19-2005, 10:53 AM
YIKES! I think I'll pay attention next time is says "for the guys". This was painful to read!

I'm sorry you guys have experienced such nasty women in your lives. I hope you keep trying though!

Curt
07-19-2005, 12:00 PM
YIKES! I think I'll pay attention next time is says "for the guys". This was painful to read!

I'm sorry you guys have experienced such nasty women in your lives. I hope you keep trying though!
Why keep trying, last count, nine out of nine women this year have shot me down.

mranderson
07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Why keep trying, last count, nine out of nine women this year have shot me down.

That is known as "drive by dating." We are the victims.

Jay
07-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I hate to be rude but, this has to be said.

Since when did crying about something ever accomplish anything. If your un-happy about your dating life get up do something about it. Change your method of approach. Start asking different types of women. Join some singles groups. Just do something about it.

If you think it's your appearance. Change your appearance. start working out, try a new style of clothing, try a new hairstyle, making a few suttle changes may improve your chances.

If you think it's your personality. Try developing some new interests or broaden the interests you already have. Ask some close friends about any annoying habits you may need to change.

Another factor could be your moving too fast when you meet someone. Such as you still barely know each other and your already talking about future plans together.

Again, I don't mean to be rude but, stop throwing the pity party and do something with your life.

I am in your shoes. My last relationship ended in 1999. I will admit I'm not the best looking guy in town but, then again I 'm not the worst. I clean up well and I can show someone a good time. I have gone on a few dates but, I haven't found my match. I 've been rejected and I have rejected people that were interested me.

You have to get out there and meet people. Sure your going to get rejected but, don't let it bother you. Keep moving on until you find somebody. I think every piece of advice that can be given on the how to's and how not's has been covered.

One last thing if you think you will be lonely forever. I want you to go to a public place. Such as a mall. public event or any place where the masses hang out. Find a nice comfortable spot and people watch. You will more than likely see that couples come in all shapes, sizes and appearances. When you see this you will know there is hope for you and all you have to do is put in the effort.

You will only be single forver if you stay away from people or carry the attitude of desperation.

mranderson
07-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Can I ask a favor guys? Can we get the topic back to the list, please?

Curt
07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes, lets get back on topic. And I am not crying or throwing a pity party by the way, I am more making fun of my situation than anything else. I am enjoying my life probably more than ever right now, this has been a good summer so far playing on the jet ski and getting out doing things, all in all I am happy. If the right woman comes around, great, if not it will happen someday, but until then I am going to enjoy life as much as I can.