View Full Version : Drunk teacher

Garin
10-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Substitute Teacher Arrested For Passing Out Drunk in Class, Police Say | Video | TheBlaze.com (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/05/substitute-teacher-arrested-for-passing-out-drunk-in-class-police-say/)

RadicalModerate
10-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Let that serve as a warning to all the non-tenured, fledgling educators regarding trying to use the Socratic Method!
(at least without a copy of the Cliff's Notes Version of "Teaching Dummy's fer Dummies" close at hand)

http://philosophy.csusb.edu/~tmoody/The-Death-of-Socrates-philosophy-380388_800_521.jpg
(oh! the title of the painting? . . . "Socrates Invents Giving the Finger to Authoritay")

Mel
10-05-2013, 08:39 PM
The next pic of that scene was called "I drank WHAT!"

Just the facts
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM
...then she sobered up, made out with the principle, and led her class to victory in the battle of the bands.

XCwy6lW5Ixc

bandnerd
10-08-2013, 04:56 PM
...then she sobered up, made out with the principal, and led her class to victory in the battle of the bands.

XCwy6lW5Ixc

Fixed that for you.

I wish I could fix the title of this thread: Drunk SUBSTITUTE teacher.

RadicalModerate
10-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Fixed that for you.

I wish I could fix the title of this thread: Drunk SUBSTITUTE teacher.

Like, what's the substitute for drunk? Is it stoned? High? Wired?

Garin
10-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Like, what's the substitute for drunk? Is it stoned? High? Wired?

I would have to say that the drunk substitute is probably just as qualified as the teacher.

Midtowner
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I would have to say that the drunk substitute is probably just as qualified as the teacher.

What an awful thing to say. Do you know who the teacher is? Anything about them?

MWCGuy
10-11-2013, 03:11 AM

Not exactly. Yes there are a few subs who are teacher retirees but most are temps with little or no special training other than a orientation class.

In most districts substitutes are the equivalent of baby sitters. Some don't even bother to do a background check. Subs are just like temps in every other office. They give them a set of marching orders from the teacher and/or the principal and away they go.

I remember back when the OEA did the walkout for HB 1017. I was in Jr. High then and we got an interesting crop of people. One was fired for threatening one of my friends another one was arrested trying to hook up with one of the cheerleaders after school. That was back was way back when districts kept things hush hush from the press. The last thing the districts wanted to do is look bad while the teachers were on strike.

RadicalModerate
10-11-2013, 05:34 AM
If you wish, jump to 1:40 for the start of the relevant "teaching" part.
Vohtx2QPeFU

kelroy55
10-11-2013, 07:07 AM

What an awful thing to say. Do you know who the teacher is? Anything about them?

Of course he doesn't... never stopped him before from making nasty comments about others.

jerrywall
10-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Not exactly. Yes there are a few subs who are teacher retirees but most are temps with little or no special training other than a orientation class.

In most districts substitutes are the equivalent of baby sitters. Some don't even bother to do a background check. Subs are just like temps in every other office. They give them a set of marching orders from the teacher and/or the principal and away they go.

I remember back when the OEA did the walkout for HB 1017. I was in Jr. High then and we got an interesting crop of people. One was fired for threatening one of my friends another one was arrested trying to hook up with one of the cheerleaders after school. That was back was way back when districts kept things hush hush from the press. The last thing the districts wanted to do is look bad while the teachers were on strike.

Do they even do orientation classes? It's been over a decade, but I used to substitute for extra money with OKC and Edmond schools. No tests, orientation, training. Was sort of nuts how easy it was to start, and yes, it was basically babysitting.

Garin
10-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Have you sat through a class lately to see what our teachers do? If you have then you'd understand my comment because neither one needs to be teaching or babysitting our kids.

ewoodard70
10-11-2013, 12:57 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what school and class did you sit through?

RadicalModerate
10-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Maybe the SUBSTITUTE teacher in the story at the top of this thread was simply taking Pink Floyd's advice . . .
xpxd3pZAVHI
. . . it never hurts to give someone the benefit of the doubt, ya' know.

bandnerd
10-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Have you sat through a class lately to see what our teachers do? If you have then you'd understand my comment because neither one needs to be teaching or babysitting our kids.

Are you a high school student?

RadicalModerate
10-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Are you a high school student?

If he isn't a high school student, perhaps he is a high, school student?

ZYX2
10-12-2013, 11:56 AM

Your information comes from where?

RadicalModerate
10-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Your information comes from where?

My eighth grade substitute English/Debate teacher might have asked me to rephrase the question:
"From where does your information originate?"
But that was a long time ago so I could be wrong.

My guess about Five+ decades later would indicate that the answer is:
Verbally, out of his head, via the rectal orifice.
(that's Craniorectalverbalization, or CRV for short)
Some people substitute a vaguely donkey-esque metaphor for rectal orifice in the answer.

bandnerd
10-13-2013, 05:23 PM
If he isn't a high school student, perhaps he is a high, school student?

Still no answer, so I'm starting to wonder.

And pretty sure I'm not babysitting in my job. My jazz band and the choir (another teacher) held an event on Friday night that brought in over $700 that we are splitting. We had 140 people in attendance who were there to hear their kids give a major performance, the first of its kind for our school. If we were just babysitting, there is no way we could have done that.

If I were babysitting, I wouldn't be doing it for 50-60+ hours a week.