View Full Version : Tim Conway Harvey Korman the fire at will sketch

Achilleslastand
10-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Watching the Carol Burnett show used to be a family event on Saturday nights. I miss when TV actually had some shows on that were funny and worth a darn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPK7_aa0Mxo

RadicalModerate
10-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Tim Conway is a comedy genius (just like Carol and Harvey and Vicki) . . .
(these were always my favorite sketches):

93DiKe1JgoE

MsProudSooner
10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I saw Harvey Korman and Tim Conway at the PAC in Tulsa several years ago. It was still funny to see Conway break Korman up every time. They did the Dentist Office sketch. It's still hilarious no matter how many times you've seen it.

ctchandler
10-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I never was a fan but I have to admit, I loved the "cheap airlines" skit where Tim Conway had purchased cheap tickets to fly. Seat belts weren't included in the cheap seats.
C. T.

SoonerDave
10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
The funny thing about this was that, from what I've read over the years, is that Korman was the more serious performer of the cast, apparently aspired to what some might term more "serious" acting although he was primarily cast in comedic roles, but was unable to keep his composure around Conway. Conway just had his number - knew the exact glance, expression, whatever, it took to break him up. His breakups were as funny if not funnier than the actual material they worked.

Saw Conway and Burnett on a guest bit on the Nick show "Hot in Cleveland," and it was fun to see him in a comedy role. Great old show. Miss it, and the era of TV it represented, where there was at least the illusion of an effort toward original, funny material, not just the trashy retreads and one-joke sex comedies that are so pervasive now.

Larry OKC
10-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Had the pleasure to see Harvey & Conway when they were here at the Civic Center a few years ago. Sadly Mr. Korman is gone now, but we still have Tim, Vickie & Carol..they all seem to be class acts.

Dubya61
10-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I know it's crass humor compared to what he did on the Carol Burnett Show, but I love his (Harvey Korman's) role in Blazing Saddles.

RadicalModerate
10-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I know it's crass humor compared to what he did on the Carol Burnett Show, but I love his (Harvey Korman's) role in Blazing Saddles.

Funny . . . I was just thinking about Harvey Korman in that connection too . . .
bcokL59jeqU

gBmkyDTX08Y