View Full Version : Dream Theme Park

mranderson
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Here is another way to go nuts and go to a magical nation... The nation is imagination.

If you could design a theme park, what would it be like? The size, rides, name, theme, etc.

:bright_id :bright_id :bright_id

Nuclear_2525
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I have always thought that a Theme park, solely dedicated to Roller Coasters would be awesome. Something very unique that I think would draw very large crowds. If you had just a medium sized park, with maybe 15-20 coasters, with restaurants and shops, etc. I think it would go over very well.

All the other rides to me are just a waist of time. I know there are people that really like those rides, but think about it, the most popular and sought after rides are the coasters.

Patrick
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
How about a western theme park with cowboys, Indians, stage coaches, horses, red necks, hicks, old pick ups, etc.

Okay, just kidding.

venture
07-13-2005, 11:16 PM
I have always thought that a Theme park, solely dedicated to Roller Coasters would be awesome. Something very unique that I think would draw very large crowds. If you had just a medium sized park, with maybe 15-20 coasters, with restaurants and shops, etc. I think it would go over very well.

All the other rides to me are just a waist of time. I know there are people that really like those rides, but think about it, the most popular and sought after rides are the coasters.

Like Roller Coasters...may I suggest: http://www.cedarpoint.com

An line from their FAQ section...

How many roller coasters does Cedar Point have?
Cedar Point is home to a world-record-breaking collection of 16, yes, 16 roller coasters. The awesome array of scream machines includes: Top Thrill Dragster (2003), Wicked Twister (2002), Millennium Force (2000), Woodstock Express (1999), Mantis (1996), Raptor (1994), Mean Streak (1991), Disaster Transport (1990), Magnum XL-200 (1989), Iron Dragon (1987), Jr. Gemini (1979), Gemini (1978), Corkscrew (1976), WildCat (1970), Cedar Creek Mine Ride (1969) and Blue Streak (1964).

Definitely a great idea for a park and has proven to be successful for Cedar Fair as their best park.

I would say a theme park on something new...like the idea for a Middle Earth themed park. Just imagine the cost though to reconstruct the mountain ranges to give it the right feel. :)

okcpulse
07-14-2005, 12:00 AM
My dream park is a park that is both a botanical garden as well as a theme park. How about we bring back Delmar Gardens, and call it Delmar Gardens Oklahoma. A theme park with four themes. One theme will be dedicated to aerospace... hence all the thrill rides. Eight or nine excellent thrilling roller coasters, one wooden the rest steel tubular would make this theme park a must see for coaster enthusiasts.

The second theme will be dedicated to the wild west (sorry FC, your theme just doesn't have bragging rights). Real wild west shows and an a REAL main street gunfight, not something in an amphitheater. Also, hire a real blacksmith and gunsmith, to show people how they really cranked out the metal in the old west.

The third theme will be dedicated to Oklahoma's Native American Heritage. Several theaters will host shows on Native American tradition. I'm sure this will be done at the Cultural Center, but this themed section will supplement the Oklahoma theme.

The fourth theme will be dedicated to Oklahoma's future in the space industry. This themed section will showcase Oklahoma's history in space, and what's to come. Bring 3D magic to the park with virtual thrill rides and virtual space tours. This theme will also include several rides that will demonstrate weightlessness and G-Forces.

To ice the cake, a major amphitheater to attract outdoor concerts (Jimmy Buffet never comes to Oklahoma but he'll play it up at The Woodlands Pavilion).

Delmar Gardens Oklahoma
Size: 140 acres
Location: Oklahoma City, along the Oklahoma River with access to I-40 and I-35
Number of roller coasters: 9
Number of additional thrill rides: 30
Number of underage rides: 15
Number of daily shows: 24

mranderson
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
My dream theme park would be similar to Disneyland. It would have different "lands" like Disney.

1. Mediaworld. It would be a working motion picture studio with several sound stages of various sizes, an animation area, a foley stage, sfx, and many more. Plus a walking tour of the back lot which will include many venues. Also, one of the local television stations would have their studio there.

2. Great Plains World. This would have exbits and rides dedicated to the Great Plains states. Each state would have a ride to showcase their state. Oklahoma's would be a history of the state including our future.

3. Western World. This would be the stereotype. Saloons, a stagecoach ride, other cowboy type rides.

4. Sports World. In Sports World, the rides would be NASCAR, a dragster ride, interactive football and hockey games (similar to the "Back to the Future" ride at Universal), the Great Plains sports hall of fame, and more.

5. Dream World. This would be our "Fantasyland." Rides that include things similar to Disney.

6. Theater World. This would be where the shows would be. A broadway play, live television programs actually taped such as "the Robin Marsh Show," a local talk show similar to Oprah. Also, music and other types of shows from many types of music.

7. Future World. This would be a vision for the future. Not EPCOT or Disney's "tomorrowland," but a look into the future. Included would be Oklahoma's space exploration and a vision for the perfect airport.

8. History World. A look at the past from the Plains States to showcase how things have changed over the decades.

Each World would have a variety of theme restauants dedicated to that area.

The name would be Great Plains-Mid America and be located near I-40, I-35 with easy access to Bricktown.

metro
07-15-2005, 02:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about a western theme park with cowboys, Indians, stage coaches, horses, red necks, hicks, old pick ups, etc.

Okay, just kidding.

The sad thing is Patrick, your not kidding that much. If memory suits me, Frontier City is fairly western themed, has alot of cowboys, a few indians, and plenty of rednecks. Arghhhh