View Full Version : Looking for a good shed company/product

ConstantChange
09-14-2013, 08:50 AM
My shed got destroyed in the tornado and I'm looking for a new one. My buddy/contractor likes the Tuff Shed products at Home Depot. A few years ago I stopped by some local shed places with a buddy when he was looking. They all basically looked like the same quality construction.

Any recommendations on companies to use/not use?

kevinpate
09-14-2013, 10:15 AM
see next.

kevinpate
09-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Not a fan of most of the local available sheds. One chap I can heartily endorse is LaGene Risenhoover, owner of Bargain Barns Oklahoma down in Noble. Home (http://www.bargainbarnsusa.com)

LaGene and his lovely Melodi are good folk I met long ago and he is always on top of things in his company.

I have no doubt you'll find him out at the state fair if you prefer not to trapse down to Noble. He sets up a display every year.

Zuplar
09-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Instead of having a wood shed I had a metal shed built. It's basically like a tiny building. Mine was built on skids just like those sheds from Lowes or something similar and could even be moved if needed. It's way stronger as well. I had mine built to a 12x20. Very nice size. If you are interested in who did mine let me know. They are close friends.

bille
09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Quality Sheds by Tim

He built mine and has done one or two others in our neighborhood. He builds a solid shed and for extremely reasonable prices, in fact I was going to build mine myself (after the 2010 tornado took out our shed) but after running up costs the difference in price was so negligible I opted to have a pro do it and get it done in half a day versus me jacking with it for several days/weekends.

He prefers to use wood from Lowes that he will handpick (probably the day of) and even mentioned that for some customers he's allowed them to go with him and charge the materials to their Lowes card and pay the labor to him in cash, if that option is needed.

Here's a link to CL ad, that's how I found him.
8x8 shed built in your yard for (http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/for/4031015988.html)

ConstantChange
09-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone.

Zuplar
09-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Quality Sheds by Tim

He built mine and has done one or two others in our neighborhood. He builds a solid shed and for extremely reasonable prices, in fact I was going to build mine myself (after the 2010 tornado took out our shed) but after running up costs the difference in price was so negligible I opted to have a pro do it and get it done in half a day versus me jacking with it for several days/weekends.

He prefers to use wood from Lowes that he will handpick (probably the day of) and even mentioned that for some customers he's allowed them to go with him and charge the materials to their Lowes card and pay the labor to him in cash, if that option is needed.

Here's a link to CL ad, that's how I found him.
8x8 shed built in your yard for (http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/for/4031015988.html)

I've actually talked with this guy before I opted for the metal building. While I'm glad I opted for the metal building as I think it is much better money spent, had I gone with a wood shed I would have gone with this guy.