View Full Version : FREE Landfill day - OKC Residents 9/14/2013

BBatesokc
09-13-2013, 11:15 AM
FYI - twice a year OKC residents get the opportunity to get rid of garbage in bulk and see what a mountain of excess really looks (and smells) like.

Tomorrow (Sat, 9/14/2013) is the fall free landfill day for OKC residents.

Load up your truck and/or a trailer and head on down to the landfill so your neighbors can stop complaining about all the crap you've got stored next to your house or in your garage and backyard.

More info on OKC.gov..... City of Oklahoma City | News from OKCGOV (http://www.okc.gov/news/2013_09/Residents_to_clean_up_on_Free_Landfill_Day_Saturda y_Sept_14.html)

And, just in case anyone has any delusions as to what to wear and what to expect at this glorious social event, here is a pic I snapped at the Spring free landfill day of my very lovely wife and her first landfill day experience - she was literally gagging at the smell.

Larry OKC
09-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Good to know...wasn't aware that the City had this...don't think I can get it done by the morning though...any idea when the next one is, like are they approx 6 months apart?

BBatesokc
09-14-2013, 05:37 AM
Good to know...wasn't aware that the City had this...don't think I can get it done by the morning though...any idea when the next one is, like are they approx 6 months apart?

Its always done in the early Spring and early Fall. I called right after the first of the year to get the Spring date. Not sure how they decide the exact date.

Also, GET OT THE DUMP EARLY. The first hour or two they are not very busy, but it becomes a madhouse quickly.

ctchandler
09-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Larry,
Here is the information from their web page, and the link follows so you can check it for the spring "free" day.
C. T.
"April 29, 2013) - Residential customers can get rid of spring-cleaning waste or storm debris at no cost and without waiting for Bulk Waste Day.

Free Landfill Day is from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 4, at participating landfills:

East Oak Landfill – 3201 Mosley Rd.
(N.E. 36, east of Sooner Road, south side of street)

Oklahoma City Landfill – 7001 S. Bryant

Oklahoma Landfill – 7600 SW 15

Northeast Landfill – 2601 N. Midwest Boulevard, Spencer, Okla. (construction and demolition materials only)

Each residential household may drop off one load using a passenger vehicle or truck up to a 1-ton and one trailer up to 16-feet long. A current original Oklahoma City utility bill (no photocopies accepted) or a printout of an e-bill is required as proof of residency. Please, no commercial waste haulers.

Bulk waste rules apply – no appliances containing refrigerants, household hazardous waste, tires, oils, car batteries, propane tanks, pool chemicals or electronic waste.

For more information about Free Landfill Day, call Utility Customer Service at 297-2833.

297-3363/ 301-3839"

City of Oklahoma City | News from OKCGOV (http://www.okc.gov/news/2013_04/residents_to_clean_up_on_free_landfill_day.html)