View Full Version : The cluster of TV/radio signal towers with blinking red lights

purpledice42
09-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Could anyone give me some street names that are within perfect viewing distance of all of those towers.
I can't find the actual towers on Google Earth but I know the general area. Thanks!!

bluedogok
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
KWTV is at Wilshire & Kelly, most are between Wilshire and Kilpatrick near Kelly. When I worked night at Britton & Broadway we had to shut the computers down during lightning storms (before they bought a UPS), we would turn the lights off and watch them get hit with lightning during those storms.

purpledice42
09-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Sounds awesome! I don't know why I was always fascinated by them but when they came into view, we knew we were almost home so to speak. And ironically, my brother worked for a company that "erected" them and died after hours.
I could handle having that view outside either my living room or bedroom window.
b
KWTV is at Wilshire & Kelly, most are between Wilshire and Kilpatrick near Kelly. When I worked night at Britton & Broadway we had to shut the computers down during lightning storms (before they bought a UPS), we would turn the lights off and watch them get hit with lightning during those storms.

OKCisOK4me
09-12-2013, 12:13 AM
You can see them on a clear night from I-35 & Hwy 51 (which goes to Stillwater).

MFracas84
09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
A good place to photograph them is on the NE 4th Street bridge that goes over I-35.