View Full Version : OU's new coach

mranderson
07-13-2005, 09:06 AM
As most know by now, the new head baseball coach at OU resigned after eight hours and decided to stay at Wichita State.

What do you think about this decision? Of anyone in the world, who would you like to see be the head coach?

I would want Pete Rose, Reggie Jackson, or Randy Johnson.

I think the University should make this guy honor his word.

Patrick
07-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Personally, I don't blame his for resigning. OU wasn't upfront with him in telling him that they had offered more scholarships than what they could fund.

ibda12u
07-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Can we get Barry Bonds to coach? maybe we can make him a bob stoops type of offer. I mean if he's tired of playing, then coach :)

Rev. Bob
07-14-2005, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't coach for OU.

djryanla
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't follow the smokescreen. He didn't change his mind because of the scholarship issue. He was informed of that long before he was offered the job. Bottom line: it finally hit home that he was leaving Wichita State.

He was never fully committed to OU. Re-watch the press conference and you'll see how uncomfortable he was.

Keith
07-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Don't follow the smokescreen. He didn't change his mind because of the scholarship issue. He was informed of that long before he was offered the job. Bottom line: it finally hit home that he was leaving Wichita State.

He was never fully committed to OU. Re-watch the press conference and you'll see how uncomfortable he was.
Yep, he has been at Wichita State for a long time, so I am glad he made this decision now, instead of waiting 6 months down the road. At least we still have a few candidates for the job.

mranderson
07-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Yep, he has been at Wichita State for a long time, so I am glad he made this decision now, instead of waiting 6 months down the road. At least we still have a few candidates for the job.

Actually, they hired the interum coach a couple of days ago.

Keith
07-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Actually, they hired the interum coach a couple of days ago.
You can tell I have been on vacation, huh? I haven't seen the news or read the paper in nine days. I guess it is time to get caught up.