View Full Version : Where to take out of towner for sunday lunch.

kukblue1
09-06-2013, 10:13 PM
My cousin is in town for the WVU game and wants to meet me for lunch on Sunday. He doesn't want to do a national restaurant thing but something that is unique to Oklahoma or the Area. He'll be in Norman so not too far. Suggestions?

zachj7
09-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Interurban
Legends

Victoria's Pasta Shop

Some other good stuff on Campus Corner.

Roger S
09-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Ray's Smokehouse BBQ (http://okbbqea.blogspot.com/2011/08/it-was-saturday-night-slobberknocker-at.html)

kevinpate
09-07-2013, 02:58 AM
In Norman alone, all sorts of places. Depends on type of food preferred.
Burgers:
O'Connell's, Garage, Service Station, Abner's Ale House, Red Horse Grill, Van's Pig Stand (finally tried the burgers. Not bad.) Braum's (slow but decent burgers), The Mont.
BBQ:
Van's, Sooner Legends, Ray's, Rudy's, Rib Crib
Italian:
Gaberino's, Sergio then the chains in no special order Zio's Carino's, Olive G
Chicken Fried Chicken or Chicken Fried steak:
O'Connell's. Better still, Kendall's in Noble for CFS, Libby's in Goldsby
Catfish or steaks: Libby's in Goldsby

kukblue1
09-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info. Looking now for someplace near the Airport. I live NW Okc he is in Norman. I work at airport at 3 and he has a flight at 4 so thinking near there. Cattleman's.?? I was there once about a month ago and wasn't all that impressed. But that is Oklahoma :) What about ann's chicken fry? Heard good things about that place even though not too close to airport but could work.

kevinpate
09-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Bunny's Onion Burger, 1023 S Meridian (N of Airport)
Bella Vista (Italian and Greek) Western, just north of SW 59th (not a bad drive to airport from there down 59th which becomes 54th)
Golden Palace Chinese Buffet 1500 s Meridian
Hibatchi Supreme Buffet on I-240 just west of Western (Chinese and American offerings)
Cattlemen's 1309 S Agnew's
Perry's American comfort food, on S May, just north of sw 74th

All those are close to the airport without getting into chainville