View Full Version : Nino's on South Western

Charlie40
09-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with the old Nino's building on South Western ? drove by there tonight and noticed a semi hooked up to an M&M Wrecking trailer. I hope they are not going to tear it down. Anyone know what may be going there in it's place?

MWCGuy
09-05-2013, 01:35 AM
It's likely coming down if a wrecking company trailer is on site. If they were just doing a remodel, yard dumpsters would be on site instead.

Charlie40
09-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I have not found any demolition permits for the site, Of course I may not be looking it up right. I also couldnt find any info on the OK county assessors site for the property either using the Nino's name or the owners name. Hmmm

Martin
09-05-2013, 02:28 PM
i wasn't able to find any permits at 7220 s. western...

the assessor's site shows the current owner as first enterprise bank (account #R102400100)

-M

Charlie40
09-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Doing a google search on 7220 S. Western it looks to be up for sale or recently sold.

SouthSide
08-08-2015, 05:32 PM
It looks like a permit to demolish the building was issued on 8/4/2015

Roger S
08-08-2015, 09:09 PM
I have many good memories both dining and working in that building.

It's where I built up my tolerance for spicy food. As the lone gringo working in the tortilla factory at the back of the property in the late 80's. The 3 Hispanic workers took great joy in trying to feed me something hot enough to get a reaction out of me. I never gave up the reaction they were looking for but they fed me some really spicy food!

OKCRT
08-09-2015, 11:39 AM
I have many good memories both dining and working in that building.

It's where I built up my tolerance for spicy food. As the lone gringo working in the tortilla factory at the back of the property in the late 80's. The 3 Hispanic workers took great joy in trying to feed me something hot enough to get a reaction out of me. I never gave up the reaction they were looking for but they fed me some really spicy food!

Nino was a great friend and person. We used to go play the horses at Remington back in the 80s/90s and had a lot of fun. Always a great guy to be with.

Jeepnokc
10-13-2016, 04:36 AM
Noticed yesterday they were setting up to pour a foundation on this site. No sign as to what they are building.

Martin
10-13-2016, 04:56 AM
looks like 7220 s western is going to be another retail strip center... -M
http://www.okctalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13159&stc=1

SoonerDave
10-13-2016, 06:29 AM
Martin,

I'm assuming you got those drawings from the okc.gov website, and I've got a question for you. I think I've been able to get those kinds of drawings perhaps *once* when I've looked up permits (and I've looked up a bunch), but most of the time I'm not able to find them. I *think* I'm looking under all the right links, eg supporting documents, attachments, everything I can see, but I never (well, only once) come across them. I suspect I'm looking in the wrong place. How do you always seem to find them?

Martin
10-13-2016, 06:36 AM
^
they're from okc's permit search system at access.okc.gov

i searched by address then selected the building permit from the results. with the permit information on the screen, i expanded the attachments section and brought up the pdf.

hope that helps! -M

SoonerDave
10-13-2016, 07:52 AM
^
they're from okc's permit search system at access.okc.gov

i searched by address then selected the building permit from the results. with the permit information on the screen, i expanded the attachments section and brought up the pdf.

hope that helps! -M

I guess I'm just looking at permits without a lot of docs attached, cuz that's where I have been looking for them. I found the drawings for the 7220 site right where I've been looking for them previously, so I guess it's just a matter of which applications have drawings attached. Thanks.

baralheia
10-13-2016, 01:11 PM
That's how I usually access the drawings I've posted too. I've noticed that typically they don't attach the application PDFs until the permit has been approved.