View Full Version : What can I do when the City won't pick up my trash?

OKCDrummer77
09-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Today is the 5th consecutive week that the garbage truck driver skipped my house. My wife keeps calling the City to report the oversight, and it has taken 3 days for them to get back out. Last week, they never came back. This is getting ridiculous. I'm not sure this rises to the level of Scott Hines and the In Your Corner team, but I don't know what else to do. I'm paying the City for a service I'm not receiving. I can't exactly "take my business elsewhere", either. What other options do I have? Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?

zookeeper
09-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Today is the 5th consecutive week that the garbage truck driver skipped my house. My wife keeps calling the City to report the oversight, and it has taken 3 days for them to get back out. Last week, they never came back. This is getting ridiculous. I'm not sure this rises to the level of Scott Hines and the In Your Corner team, but I don't know what else to do. I'm paying the City for a service I'm not receiving. I can't exactly "take my business elsewhere", either. What other options do I have? Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?

Call your city council representative. Are you in OKC? Most of them are good at this kind of thing.

PhiAlpha
09-03-2013, 05:44 PM
You could play it like Ed Shadid supporters and blame Mick Cornett...

zachnash
09-03-2013, 08:30 PM

I'm sorry you are having issue with trash service. Please email your address to zach.nash@okc.gov and I'll contact Solid Waste first thing in the morning to see what is happening.

OKCDrummer77
09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry you are having issue with trash service. Please email your address to zach.nash@okc.gov and I'll contact Solid Waste first thing in the morning to see what is happening.

Email sent. Thank you.

zachnash
09-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Email sent. Thank you.

You're welcome. A manager in our Utilities Solid Waste Division is working on this now.

Stew
09-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Once again the amazing value of OKCTALK fully demonstrated.