View Full Version : Costco

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

therhett17
07-27-2021, 12:39 PM
Any update on this location since it's opened? Haven't had a chance to go by there yet, but I might this evening.

midtownokcer
07-27-2021, 01:36 PM
Any update on this location since it's opened? Haven't had a chance to go by there yet, but I might this evening.

I went yesterday evening. Pretty much the same set up as the OKC location on the inside, but noticed they had a few items I didn't see last week in OKC. It wasn't busy at all. However, I strategically go on weeknights to avoid the crowds.

Both locations are equidistant for me, but I think I'll stick with the OKC location because that 19th street intersection all the way to Telephone Rd is a hot mess no matter what day it is.

Jeepnokc
07-27-2021, 08:59 PM

We went last friday. Was moderately busy, Seemed they had a few me things than OKC but could because newly stocked. Was happy with it and will go there instead of OKC. Caveat..I live by airport so it is closer and more handy

progressiveboy
08-13-2021, 03:21 PM
Hope this is a profitable location for them! If this store exceeds, then I am guessing they will proceed with the west OKC/Yukon location. Lots of good demographics in the Yukon/Mustang area which would support Costco!

roci28
09-09-2021, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know how the 2 Costco locations are doing? Still staying busy and doing well hopefully so they will continue expanding.

corwin1968
09-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know how the 2 Costco locations are doing? Still staying busy and doing well hopefully so they will continue expanding.

We just came from the North Costco and decided we'll pretty much only go in the evenings on weekdays from now on. There were plenty of people and a few "rushes" at the check-outs, but for the most part, you felt pretty isolated walking around the store, simply because the place is so big. They had two check-outs open and the one we used had three employees, one unloading the cart, one scanning and one re-loading the cart. The two manned check-outs and all six self-checkouts were pretty much going without let-up. It was a very nice experience to not have the huge crowds in certain sections of the store.

SouthSide
09-10-2021, 09:59 AM

The one in Moore appears busy. I usually go in the evenings to avoid the crowds on the weekend. I was surprised to see the self-service gas pumps padlocked on Labor Day.

BoulderSooner
09-10-2021, 10:20 AM
The one in Moore appears busy. I usually go in the evenings to avoid the crowds on the weekend. I was surprised to see the self-service gas pumps padlocked on Labor Day.

they are locked during all non open hours at every Costco i have ever been too ..

Ward
09-10-2021, 01:22 PM
And Costco always has at least one, usually two, attendants on duty working while open. They keep the place clean and neat, and they will help you pump gas it f you need assistance. That's the reason you can't get gas 24/7, Costco requires staffing on hand. However it's pretty good that you can get gas before and after the store hours.

BoulderSooner
09-23-2021, 05:57 AM
lots of rumors up that way about a second location coming to south Owasso

north tulsa 2miles south of owasso ...

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/tulsa-get-second-costco-location/V3OG6W6YQJCHHNZPBC5XU6PBVQ/

Ward
09-23-2021, 10:44 AM
^^^^^ Awesome !!!!!

scottk
09-23-2021, 05:42 PM

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/tulsa-get-second-costco-location/V3OG6W6YQJCHHNZPBC5XU6PBVQ/

Seems like odd placement, other than to be in Tulsa and not Owasso proper. All of Owasso's commercial development (Walmart, Sams, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc) like this is off of 96th Street and HWY 169, this is 5 miles south and there really isn't much else around it other than the American Airlines Facility and the Amazon Facility.

Jersey Boss
09-23-2021, 07:10 PM

I wonder as to the amount of tax payer money Tulsa had to pay for this retail privilege.

HOT ROD
09-27-2021, 05:52 PM
you know there was some given the location.

bombermwc
09-30-2021, 07:00 AM
I can attest to the Moore one being insane on the weekends.....of course along with everything else on 19th. So getting there is a bit of a pain. I really wish Moore would close off that intersection at walmart and put in a light on Telephone Rd instead. One less complication for that terribly congested area.

I may be boring, but i wasn't overwhelmed by Costco. I mean is just felt like a red version of Sams to me. Yes they had some different brands (not counting their brand) and some items here and there that Sams does not. But honestly, the place wasn't that different. They were REALLY pushing the samples. I can say i dont like that you can't use a Discover card. We get all our points on that one so that's a bummer.

I went as a visitor. My sister-in-law has a membership and has had nothing but issues with her cards. The person that put her info in, messed up her address. She's been through 3 membership cards, a new Costco credit card, 3 vouchers, and I don't know how many hours working with membership on it. The people have all been super friendly and helpful, it's just made the situation so frustrating that she's ready to cancel already. If you had to have someone from membership check you out every time because the card keeps failing, i think anyone would get annoyed.

SouthSide
09-30-2021, 08:24 AM
I agree the service is great but am underwhelmed by the offerings. For me, it hasn't lived up to the hype. I may check out the travel and insurance offerings before I cancel. Anyone use Costco for travel?

jedicurt
09-30-2021, 08:33 AM
I agree the service is great but am underwhelmed by the offerings. For me, it hasn't lived up to the hype. I may check out the travel and insurance offerings before I cancel. Anyone use Costco for travel?

i see people keep saying this, but maybe it's just what i buy. their meat department is significantly better than any sams... I am constantly using my smoker, and i have found the meat department alone to be enough to justify my membership

Pete
09-30-2021, 08:36 AM
Anything with the Kirkland name on it is high quality and generally an outstanding value.

The same cannot be said for Members Mark at Sam's Club.

MagzOK
09-30-2021, 08:57 AM
Agreed about the quality of Kirkland products. I've been a Consumer Reports subscriber for nearly 30 years and and at least since the mid '90s I've been reading about their rave reviews of Kirkland products. I was so excited when they started moving into the DFW area and then to ours.

Celebrator
09-30-2021, 12:12 PM

Yes and they offer great value and terrific customer service in travel products.

Funny that you are underwhelmed by their offerings because we are completely overwhelmed! But, it depends on how you shop, what you buy, and how you eat. We shop for our family just once a week. We eat 90% organic. Costco is the biggest organic retailer in the world. If you eat organic, then it is the most cost-effective place to eat organic. By far. They just always seem to have interesting products in that category--always changing and always growing. Honestly, having Costco here is just a game changer for us. Sam's is simply MILES behind in product selection and service--FOR US--perhaps for you it isn't worth the membership. We have neighbors who felt the same way and did not buy a membership and are perfectly satisfied with what Sam's offers. To each his own, but I couldn't be a bigger fan.

Pete
09-30-2021, 12:29 PM
Target is to Costco as Walmart is to Sam's Club.

I do have to say, however, that Sam's does a much better job with their website and the Scan n' Go feature is awesome.

jedicurt
09-30-2021, 12:38 PM
I do have to say, however, that Sam's does a much better job with their website and the Scan n' Go feature is awesome.

also. if you are looking at name brands. i have found Sam's to still be slightly cheaper than Costco on those items. like paper towels, toilet paper, and even paper plates.

BoulderSooner
09-30-2021, 01:25 PM
also. if you are looking at name brands. i have found Sam's to still be slightly cheaper than Costco on those items. like paper towels, toilet paper, and even paper plates.

i'm not sure why you would go to costo and buy anything but kirkland paper towels or toilet paper ..

jedicurt
09-30-2021, 01:40 PM
i'm not sure why you would go to costo and buy anything but kirkland paper towels or toilet paper ..

paper towels i can do... i would get kicked out of my house if i brought home anything but Charmin Ultrasoft for TP... so i know better than to start that fight. lol

Jersey Boss
09-30-2021, 01:50 PM
Something that i did not care for when joining COSTCO was the high pressure (IMO) pitch to join the executive level as well as enrolling in their credit card. While I was clear that the $60 membership is what I wanted the help kept telling me what a better deal the executive membership was if I would be a member for 3 years. I also don't like that my MasterCard debt card is not accepted tender.

The store by and large offered some products that SAM'S did not such as $100 a LB WAYGU steaks, but that is a product that I would not be interested in. RAO'S at COSTCO and not SAM'S is a +.

I have been a SAM'S member for 4 years and if I had to choose between the two a year from now I would stick with SAM'S. If nothing else but the ease of shopping in the town I live in as well as keeping sales tax money in Norman. The SAM'S membership is 2/3 the cost of a COSTCO membership.

BoulderSooner
09-30-2021, 02:42 PM
Something that i did not care for when joining COSTCO was the high pressure (IMO) pitch to join the executive level as well as enrolling in their credit card. While I was clear that the $60 membership is what I wanted the help kept telling me what a better deal the executive membership was if I would be a member for 3 years. I also don't like that my MasterCard debt card is not accepted tender.

The store by and large offered some products that SAM'S did not such as $100 a LB WAYGU steaks, but that is a product that I would not be interested in. RAO'S at COSTCO and not SAM'S is a +.

I have been a SAM'S member for 4 years and if I had to choose between the two a year from now I would stick with SAM'S. If nothing else but the ease of shopping in the town I live in as well as keeping sales tax money in Norman. The SAM'S membership is 2/3 the cost of a COSTCO membership.

mastercard debit card (as well as all debit cards ) are accepted ... with a PIN

i would also say that if you spend even a modest amount the extra 60 bucks for the exec member ships pays for itself ..

and isn't sams 45 a year?? so 3/4 the price of costco ?

Jersey Boss
09-30-2021, 02:58 PM
mastercard debit card (as well as all debit cards ) are accepted ... with a PIN

i would also say that if you spend even a modest amount the extra 60 bucks for the exec member ships pays for itself ..

and isn't sams 45 a year?? so 3/4 the price of costco ?
I got mine for 40 last year with a coupon.
Whether or not the executive pays for itself is immaterial to the high pressure sales. No thanks means no thanks.

BoulderSooner
09-30-2021, 03:02 PM
I got mine for 40 last year with a coupon.
Whether or not the executive pays for itself is immaterial to the high pressure sales. No thanks means no thanks.

i agree with that .. in all cases ..

Pete
09-30-2021, 03:30 PM
Something that i did not care for when joining COSTCO was the high pressure (IMO) pitch to join the executive level as well as enrolling in their credit card. While I was clear that the $60 membership is what I wanted the help kept telling me what a better deal the executive membership was if I would be a member for 3 years.

I was an executive member for at least a decade in California.

Only one year did it not more than pay for itself and in that instance, Costco refunded me the small difference.

Most years I netted about $50 or so, as I bought all my pet and party supplies there.

BoulderSooner
09-30-2021, 03:42 PM
I was an executive member for at least a decade in California.

Only one year did it not more than pay for itself and in that instance, Costco refunded me the small difference.

Most years I netted about $50 or so, as I bought all my pet and party supplies there.

we have had the same experience since it has been open in okc

oklip955
09-30-2021, 09:58 PM
I am a member of both. i wished that Cosco would have an order on line for curbside pickup. I am limiting my in store shopping with all the covid. This is where Sam's club shines. Also they have free shipping on lots of items with the plus membership. I had my truck torn down and in the shop at the dealership for 11 weeks. Ugh was supposed to be 2 weeks. No transportation for most of it and too far out for instacart. It was nice to be able to have nonperishables shipped to my front gate at no extra cost.

progressiveboy
10-01-2021, 03:26 AM
I am a fan of Costco! I like their private brand Kirkland and their stores seem to be a little more cleaner. They seem to also have a better wine selection and the quality of their meat is better than Sam's. I have had a good experience with my Costco store in Plano!

SouthSide
10-01-2021, 06:15 AM
The meat selection was intersting but the packages are MASSIVE. With a small household and limited entertaining due to the pandemic, its not compelling enough to drive to Moore from OKC with any regularity.

barrettd
10-01-2021, 06:58 AM
i see people keep saying this, but maybe it's just what i buy. their meat department is significantly better than any sams... I am constantly using my smoker, and i have found the meat department alone to be enough to justify my membership

Hmm, I have to disagree here. I don't like the fact they blade tenderize all their beef, and I'm not a huge fan of their boneless pork butts. I also hate that I can't find a proper ribeye since they cut all the caps off to make their cap steaks (at least they used to, haven't been inside one in a little while). I do like that they tend to keep plate beef ribs in stock, though.

In any case, I keep a membership to both. It's cheap enough, and we've found there are offerings at both stores we really like. If I'm by myself, I always will go to Sam's because of Scan and Go.

corwin1968
10-01-2021, 08:40 AM
I may be boring, but i wasn't overwhelmed by Costco. I mean is just felt like a red version of Sams to me. Yes they had some different brands (not counting their brand) and some items here and there that Sams does not. But honestly, the place wasn't that different .

For us, simply not being part of the Wal-Mart organization is enough for us to shop at Costco.

I have not been impressed with Costco's beef but the stores are clean, the service is great and there are a few products we specifically go there for, like a specific dog food, dog supplements, their big bags of limes, their Kirkland roasted nuts are outstanding and they have several frozen entrees that I eat on a regular basis. I never price shop but my wife says their gas is a good deal, so we fill up the cars there as often as possible.

HOT ROD
10-01-2021, 04:16 PM
folks, it's great to hear everyone's opinion and rightfully so. But, the main point is that we have choices in Oklahoma City!

It's not going to appeal to everyone but even if you don't like or patronize please be happy Costco (and other retailers) are here just for the choice and diversity/interest in the city.

I hope they build 2-3 more stores: West OKC, East somewhere and an urban central city store would be perfect offering for the metro.

One thing we LOVE about Costco besides the consistently lowest gas price is they have a very nice car-wash for $7.99 - you get the full treatment even automatic tire waxing; my MB C350e comes out looking brand new every wash, seriously. We only have one in the Seattle-Tacoma area (which is very surprising) in S Seattle, I hope they put at least one in OKC.

mgharfeh
10-04-2021, 02:08 PM
What’s going just east of the north Costco?

Pete
10-04-2021, 02:50 PM
What’s going just east of the north Costco?

That property has been for sale but there isn't a new buyer.

I suspect they may be draining the pond to make it more marketable.

fromdust
10-05-2021, 11:52 AM
I am a fan of Costco! I like their private brand Kirkland and their stores seem to be a little more cleaner. They seem to also have a better wine selection and the quality of their meat is better than Sam's. I have had a good experience with my Costco store in Plano!

But their private brand is just mostly repackaged name brand items, no?

BoulderSooner
10-05-2021, 01:03 PM
But their private brand is just mostly repackaged name brand items, no?

yes

djohn
10-06-2021, 06:21 AM
Target is to Costco as Walmart is to Sam's Club.

Yeah, love Costco. HATE their website.

"Shirley", they are working on / moving towards having true inventory online and being able to purchase for pickup. That has to be coming ....hopefully.

oklip955
10-06-2021, 09:55 AM
I dont understand why when most large retailers have gone with online ordering and curbside pickup or at least their invintory online, why has Costco not done this? Besides older people who have trouble walking the store, busy families, and those that dont want to shop in person because of covid, so many others would love to be able to check to see if something is in stock before shopping or avoid the time it takes to walk the store for a few items. Even if they had a $35 or $50 min purchase, its easy to get to that amount. let see tp, paper towels, a package of meat and another item or two and you are there. They are losing out on a lot of sales..

Pete
10-06-2021, 10:13 AM
Costco does not have a good web infrastructure.

A large percentage of their products are not even shown on their website.

As stated earlier, this is where the Walmart ownership of Sam's has created a clear advantage.

DowntownMan
10-06-2021, 07:58 PM
Costco does not have a good web infrastructure.

A large percentage of their products are not even shown on their website.

As stated earlier, this is where the Walmart ownership of Sam's has created a clear advantage.

I have a vague thinking that when they opened the OKC corporate office, these would be related to e-commerce support. So I had understanding they were going to be expanding their Internet presence eventually

Pete
10-07-2021, 05:37 AM
^

eCommerce and Travel *support*, not development.

The Costco OKC center is a call center.

Pete
12-22-2021, 01:14 PM
Costco is well underway in adding a big parking lot to the north of their call center near Quail Springs.

You can see by the packed parking they need the spaces.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco122221a.jpg

roci28
12-22-2021, 07:23 PM
Are they close to making any announcements about a west metro location?

Pete
12-22-2021, 07:28 PM
Are they close to making any announcements about a west metro location?

They've been looking but don't think they've made a commitment.

I'll do some digging around.

Pete
01-25-2022, 08:17 AM
Costco at Memorial & Western is planning to add a carwash. I believe it will look similar to the last image.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco012522a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco012522b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco012522c.jpg

BoulderSooner
01-25-2022, 08:37 AM
from a review site ..

Costco car wash is an automobile service offered by Costco warehouses all around the country.
This service is available at selected warehouse locations only, but they are available from Monday to Sunday.
The car wash service only offers one wash package but on a low price of $7.99.

Unlike other car wash companies, Costco doesn’t have any “wash plans” or “packages.” They only offer a single car wash package, which cost $7.99. Each car wash usually lasts from 3 to 10 minutes. According to reviews from previous customers, the cost of Costco car wash is cheaper than other car washes.

For only $7.99, the standard car wash is quite good for basic needs. The package includes spot-free rinsing, surface protectant, tire shine, wheel cleaner, wax, underbody flush, and rust inhibitor. Washing tunnels ca accommodate height up to normal-sized SUV or truck. Overall, this is only for people who are looking for a quick wash while shopping on the main Costco retail store.

Ward
01-25-2022, 10:36 AM
It'd be awesome if they added a drive up window for the Pharmacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oklip955
01-25-2022, 11:21 AM
I wish Cosco would have an order online and have curbside pickup. I would not even have to be like Sam's club of no min purchase, it could be say min of $50 or $75 and add say a $1.99 pick up fee and I'd be happy to be able to do a monthly stock up. Even without not wanting to go in and do in person shopping, this would be great for people who simply dont want to spend the time walking the store and going through the check out line. Just dont understand why they have not done something like this.

BoulderSooner
01-25-2022, 11:39 AM
I wish Cosco would have an order online and have curbside pickup. I would not even have to be like Sam's club of no min purchase, it could be say min of $50 or $75 and add say a $1.99 pick up fee and I'd be happy to be able to do a monthly stock up. Even without not wanting to go in and do in person shopping, this would be great for people who simply dont want to spend the time walking the store and going through the check out line. Just dont understand why they have not done something like this.

they don't think it would have a positive ROI

Pete
01-25-2022, 11:43 AM
Costco wants you to come into their stores, where most people make impulse buys:

https://www.mashed.com/145801/how-costco-tricks-you-into-spending-more-money/

MagzOK
01-25-2022, 11:55 AM
^^

We are guilty as charged for impulse buying there, and we don't mind it! We love walking through there.

BoulderSooner
01-25-2022, 12:11 PM
Costco wants you to come into their stores, where most people make impulse buys:

the craziest part of that link is the tag showing the city of seattle's "City of Seattle Sweetened Beverage Recovery Fee"

which is a 75% tax on the dr pepper in the add ...

https://www.washingtonpolicy.org/publications/detail/city-of-seattle-sweetened-beverage-recovery-fee

Plutonic Panda
01-25-2022, 12:26 PM

Sams seems to be to Costco what Chick-fil-A is to In-N-Out. Both are great and have great food but In-N-Out is stuck behind the times with limited ordering options while Chick-fil-A has an amazing/speedy ordering process. Seriously the person who designed that should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Costco’s website sucks and Sam's is always up to date with scan n go and online ordering.

BoulderSooner
01-25-2022, 12:45 PM
Sams seems to be to Costco what Chick-fil-A is to In-N-Out. Both are great and have great food but In-N-Out is stuck behind the times with limited ordering options while Chick-fil-A has an amazing/speedy ordering process. Seriously the person who designed that should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Costco’s website sucks and Sam's is always up to date with scan n go and online ordering.

lol In-N-out is one of the best run companies in the world ..

HOT ROD
01-25-2022, 12:47 PM
Costco at Memorial & Western is planning to add a carwash. I believe it will look similar to the last image.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco012522a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco012522b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/costco012522c.jpg

this is a great add guys, Costco car wash is the best (and best value) in that you get premium wash for only $8. Surprised this wasn't first built, hopefully they add to the Moore Costco and the new ones as well.

Just 411, we only have ONE - yes 1 Costco Car Wash in the entire Puget Sound (located in industrial S Seattle) which is disappointing to me.

Plutonic Panda
01-25-2022, 12:57 PM
lol In-N-out is one of the best run companies in the world ..
Lol I never said it wasn’t.