View Full Version : Your thoughts on Miley Cryus at the VMAs?

Pages : 1 [2]

ljbab728
08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
My thoughts about Miley Cyrus...

See, that's probably the point. You probably weren't thinking about her at all before. LOL

RadicalModerate
08-27-2013, 11:20 PM
See, that's probably the point. You probably weren't thinking about her at all before. LOL

To all the Madonna . . . Lady Gaga . . . Miley Cyrus . . . Etc. . . . Fans out there . . .
http://img1.etsystatic.com/005/1/6084304/il_570xN.388700981_ojq6.jpg

ljbab728
08-27-2013, 11:32 PM
I agree about Madonna and Miley but I like me some Lady Gaga. She can be a little controversial at times but mainly she's just fun.

venture
08-28-2013, 12:08 AM
I really don't see how you can put Miley in the same category as Madonna, GaGa, or other more established performers/singers. GaGa can at least sing and play a piano fairly well. Ehhh...as others have said, this is what Miley was after and everyone played into it. She is now #1 on iTunes purchases. Congrats for making her a bunch of money.

Mel
08-28-2013, 12:12 AM
To all the Madonna . . . Lady Gaga . . . Miley Cyrus . . . Etc. . . . Fans out there . . .
http://img1.etsystatic.com/005/1/6084304/il_570xN.388700981_ojq6.jpg

I remember listening to that album on headphones and feeling no pain at the time.

bandnerd
08-28-2013, 05:03 AM
It was meant to be tounge in cheek and part humorous.
Lighten up.....

Sorry, I don't find it to be funny, regardless of who it was directed to. I don't care for Taylor Swift, and find most of her performances off-key and boring, but I don't go on the internet, wishing her death as a joke. I just don't listen.

kelroy55
08-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Opinion: If Miley Cyrus outrages you, don't watch - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/opinion/ferguson-miley-cyrus-outrage/index.html?hpt=hp_t4)

kelroy55
08-28-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/9_Months_Later.jpg

MadMonk
08-28-2013, 08:46 PM
HA! I KNEW that suit looked familiar!

venture
08-28-2013, 11:50 PM
I guess he's just keeping it warm until Michael Keaton takes it back for Beetlejuice 2. :)

kelroy55
08-29-2013, 06:59 AM
CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2013/08/29/ac-ridiculist-pat-robertson-on-gays-and-marriage.cnn&hpt=hp_c3&from_homepage=yes#/video/bestoftv/2013/08/27/ac-ridiculist-miley.cnn)

Dubya61
08-29-2013, 12:09 PM
The VMA's have a history of provocative performances (Prince's assless chaps, Madonna's "Like a Virgin," etc.). Why would this year be any different? Don't get me wrong, her performance wasn't my cuppa tea, but I'm not offended by it. I chose to watch it. I didn't have to, and neither did anyone else, except for the people in the live audience at the show.
Agree. Prince's clothing is nothing compared to his early antics while performing on stage.

The song that she sang, "We won't stop," is an anthem about basically doing whatever you want without worrying about others judging you, being yourself, loving who you want. Pretty sure that's what her performance was -- Cyrus doing whatever it is that she does.
BTW, Miley Cyrus has stated that the song "We Can't Stop" is about Molly, a highly addictive drug.
Miley Cyrus Admits To Singing About Molly On 'We Can't Stop' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/22/miley-cyrus-molly_n_3634422.html)

kelroy55
08-29-2013, 12:33 PM
BTW, Miley Cyrus has stated that the song "We Can't Stop" is about Molly, a highly addictive drug.

Never heard of it.... Glad all this stuff wasn't around when I was a teenager.

soonergeezer
08-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelroy55
08-29-2013, 01:11 PM
As first written on theantijared.com

Dear daughter,

I did not watch the VMA’s. I was up with you. I was helping with your feedings. I burped you. I made sure your diaper was fresh and I also made sure that your swaddle was tight. I am the king of swaddling.

The next day I went on Facebook and saw 50,000 statuses about Miley Cyrus. She dressed provocatively and danced to “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke. Your brother and I sing the clean version of that song. He always wants to know what rhymes with “Hug Me”. I think a lot of people want to actually know what rhymes with “Hug Me”. Heyheyheyhey!!!!!

She twerked. Twerking is a form of “booty popping”. People were offended. Moms who preach body image were saying she had no ass to do that. People who “never judge” started to judge. Miley became a poor role model for young kids.

Keep in mind that Leann Rimes stole a woman’s husband. Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes have been arrested numerous times. Demi Lovato punched someone. Taylor Swift has dated numerous men in Hollywood and most ended up poorly. You can hear it in her songs.

Yet you never hear much about Miley except she twerked and was provocative on the biggest stage at the time. On cable. She danced and got attention. Maybe it was in bad taste. She comes from a line of poor taste. You probably do not remember Billy Ray’s mullet.

But that is not the point of all of this. I am writing this because I promise you that no celebrity will be your role model. Growing up my role model was your grandfather. I saw him wake up every morning at 4am to go to work. He never slept in. He worked in a factory for twelve hours a day and still had time to play ball with me. He was there for me when I wanted to take acting lessons. He was there for me when I wanted to play football. He worked over 70 hours a week and he always had time for me.

He taught me about family. He taught me about love. He taught me about being a good father.

You are going to have numerous talents. Everyone in our family does. But they will not be exploited. Maybe you will have a great voice…you will not try out for a reality show as long as you live at home. Maybe you will be a great actress. There are plenty of local theaters for you to perform until you are eighteen. You will be a good student. You will have support and love at home. You will not have to look at the television for a role model.

Miley Cyrus is not stupid and the people around her are not as well. The reality is attention is more important than anything else. She did nothing to harm people. People who condemn her are not going to heaven any quicker than the rest of us.

But I did not watch the VMA’s. I was taking care of you. And I promise that you will appreciate that I did.

Love,

Dad

Dear Daughter, I did not watch the VMA's - CNN iReport (http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1028134?hpt=hp_bn1)

Just the facts
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I guess he's just keeping it warm until Michael Keaton takes it back for Beetlejuice 2. :)

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

BobbyV
08-30-2013, 12:15 PM
I think Miley is desperately trying to stay relevant . . .

BlackmoreRulz
09-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Don't think the crew approved much of it....

k6Lb3kFwJRQ

Achilleslastand
09-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Don't think the crew approved much of it....

k6Lb3kFwJRQ

LOL.....
Even George Takei was shocked and appalled.
I was hoping for a volley from the photon torpedoes though.....

kevinpate
09-02-2013, 02:18 PM
OK, that was funny.

RadicalModerate
09-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I'll give it an 11 on a scale of 10
(it as a beat and you can dance to it . . . or vice-versa, depending upon your age).

At the risk of gilding the lily, so to speak, I wonder when one of those "Hitler Comments on Miley Cyrus' Performance" satires will be released . . .

andrew3077
09-03-2013, 12:32 AM
This show is a very extensive production. Hours and hours of rehearsal and writing is done for the performances and it is all part of the plan. It's weird to me how people are reacting to the performance, buying into exactly what the producers wanted. Talking about the VMAs, and getting people to search for it on the internet. The era of hashtag marketing is extremely easy when everyone and their grandma is talking about the same thing.

Exactly, the VMAs are rehearsed this way, and MTV was planning on there being shock value. The result? Miley was talked about in the news, on the internet, for over a week, and her new song (that she released the DAY of the VMAs), is now top 10 on iTunes for sales. We all basically did exactly what they wanted.

RadicalModerate
09-03-2013, 05:28 AM
If the thought of buying anything from Miley Cyrus had crossed my mind, I would feel manipulated.

kelroy55
09-03-2013, 07:00 AM
That Star Trek was the greatest

kevinpate
09-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Clue uno that one is unhip. He doesn't know what all the fuss is about until after someone else does a smashup of cyrus and a ST:TOS clip.
So for everyone who has ever wished that I would get a clue, relax. Your wish has finally come true.

I suspect Clue Dos is using ST:TOS in a sentence.

Anonymous.
09-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Really? No posts about her new video yet?

So her new song's video was released and I think it is clear that Miley is ahead of her time. This type of video will makes America squirm since nudity is so OMG!

Here is the link. NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8

soonerguru
09-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Well, she's naked alright.

MWCGuy
09-10-2013, 12:16 AM
All I see is "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE LOOK AT ME! I need your attention or I might die."

It's pathetic. The wife and I were talking the other day about the look most younger women are shooting for these days and it's nothing more than attention seeking in it's purest form.

I miss the days when you would see a beautiful woman and the mind would wonder what she looked like behind closed doors. Now, it's like walking into the living room to the Christmas Tree on Christmas morning and all your gifts are sitting there unwrapped with the receipts attached. Call me crazy, I miss the days when the world was full of mystery and your mind had to fire up your imagination.

RadicalModerate
09-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Next thing you know, she'll be seen driving a huge pickup truck, with train horns, belching smoke.

Just the facts
09-10-2013, 07:16 AM
4 observations:

1) MC is a lesbian in 3...2...1....
2) Will be dead or living out of a dumpster in 5 years
3) Real 'bad girls' don't have tan lines
4) Her career choice reminds me of this train wreck which derailed right after it pulled out of the station: Elizabeth Berkley

kevinpate
09-10-2013, 07:17 AM
and torea yelling hey you brat, get that traintruck off my street.

kevinpate
09-10-2013, 07:30 AM
After being exposed to the hullaboo, I finally have figured out my thoughts on lil' ms cyrus ... I am content with knowing she pursues fame and fortune and not my son.

RadicalModerate
09-10-2013, 07:58 AM
. . . And to think that this was only, like, yesterday (sigh). . .
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/news/101115/miley-cyrus-320.jpg

Miley Cyrus's Mom: Our Family Is Stronger Than Ever - Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus : People.com (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20475228,00.html)

http://mrbricksworld.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/miley-and-mopm.jpg

(Gee, Tish . . . Why the long face?)

Maybe Miley will use the money gleaned from this new phase in her new career to open a boutique.
Perhaps something along the lines of SlutZ R Us.

(Note: Her hand gesture in the photo, above, was in response to a photographer's question regarding her IQ. She had just finished saying, "I can count to this many.")

kelroy55
09-10-2013, 09:43 AM
and she's laughing all the way to the bank. She's marketed herself and has become a millionaire. I doubt she worries what us old farts think about her because we're not buying her CD's or going to her shows.

RadicalModerate
09-10-2013, 10:56 AM
When I was a teenager I observed that dads of daughters were different than dads of dudes.
When my daughter was born (almost 30 years ago) I began to find out why that was the case.
"Hannah Montana" might have been just as much a fictional creation as The Monkees or The Mouseketeers but she was certainly a better "idol" or "role model" than "Miley Cyrus." (Well done, Billy Ray . . . yeah, right)

I really wonder who actually wastes money buying her no talent garbage in order to provide the little twerp with a source of amusement on her way to the bank. Just to show I'm not biased or prejudiced, I feel the same way about 2ChainzTitiBoy and his ilk.

BTW: I don't think that she "markets herself" . . .
It's probably a bunch of sick, old "'entertainment' industry" pimps.
(after all, she can only count to two =)

P.S. to the BTW: Look at the thread title again. Who is Miley Cryus?
Is she the robot slut that took the real Miley's place?
Sort of like the dude who replaced Paul McCartney after he, the real Paul, became a "Walrus" after the car wreck just outside of Pepperland?

RadicalModerate
09-10-2013, 11:10 AM
After being exposed to the hullaboo, I finally have figured out my thoughts on lil' ms cyrus ... I am content with knowing she pursues fame and fortune and not my son.

Is "hullaboo", like, a code word for this?
KlZZgPxR3Bk

Maybe, after her career tanks a little more, The Entertainment Pimps could give Miley a Reality TV show.
Something along the lines of "HOabulloo" . . .
Although it might be hard to book a glittery, flying unicorn dance toupe willing to perform unnatural acts.
Where the [f] is Ed Sullivan when we need him?

Just the facts
09-10-2013, 11:46 AM
and she's laughing all the way to the bank. She's marketed herself and has become a millionaire. I doubt she worries what us old farts think about her because we're not buying her CD's or going to her shows.

If she lives long enough to enjoy it. The list of child stars who flamed out is really really long.

On edit: Just watched that video above. Now I know why certain religions punish dancing with death. No matter what level the dancing starts on, give it enough time and it will be in the gutter.

kelroy55
09-10-2013, 11:50 AM
If she lives long enough to enjoy it. The list of child stars who flamed out is really really long.

What makes you think she's not going to live very long?

Just the facts
09-10-2013, 11:53 AM
What makes you think she's not going to live very long?

Since MC and I don't hang out together and I don't really know her on a personal level, all I can do is look at her actions and comments and she seems to be following a path taken by many before her, and it didn't work out for many of them. But who knows, maybe she can ride the 'sex sales' train all the way into her mid-30's, but then what? When your selling your body it has a limited shelf-life. If MC could sell songs with her clothes on don't you think she would do it?

kelroy55
09-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Maybe if she wanted to sell to old farts she could. Are you saying she will die young just because she markets herself and her music as risque? Do you have anything that shows she's abusing drugs or alcohol or speeds around in a sports car? Cher and Madonna pretty much did the same in their time and people were shocked and I think they are doing quite well.

jerrywall
09-10-2013, 12:23 PM
All I see is someone trying (successfully) to get away from her Hannah Montana image, and build up the next level/phase of her career. Considering that this music video has set records for the most viewed video, I'd say it's working.

Just the facts
09-10-2013, 12:25 PM
You don't think MC is doing drugs? If you are living a lifestyle where Cher and Madonna represent the best possible outcome it is time to get a new lifestyle. :)

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/miserable-miley-cyrus-drug-use/

RadicalModerate
09-10-2013, 12:34 PM
You don't think MC is doing drugs? If you are living a lifestyle where Cher and Madonna represent the best possible outcome it is time to get a new lifestyle. :)

"(Hi, I'm Miley Cyrus. Not that i have any personal knowledgededes of drugs, but) . . .
It's still a good idea to Say Nope To Dope . . .
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2013/08/26/402390-miley-cyrus-raunchy-performance-at-mtv-vma-2013.jpg
You can start by not buying into my bullsh!t or buying my records!"
(aside to someone outside the frame: "are you sure my pimp--i mean my manager--will be OK with that?")

Note: See the tube running from the lower abdomen to the area of the cranium?
Maybe rumors of the "sh*t for brains" transplant are true!

kelroy55
09-10-2013, 02:24 PM

?Miserable? Miley Cyrus Admits To Late-Night Drug Use In Leaked Text To Friend, Misses Early-Morning Interview | Radar Online (http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/miserable-miley-cyrus-drug-use/)

I try not to assume or put my faith into gossip magazines. I thought Cher and Madonna were doing pretty good, they are enternainers and have had a very successful career. Do you have something other than a gossip mag. to show MC will be dead in under 10 years? Maybe the National Enquirer has something?

RadicalModerate
09-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I think that the picture, on Post #103, provides adequate evidence for the future realization of the challenged prognostication . . .

Of course, one is free to disagree . . . Unlike any personal thoughtspins in connection with the "allegations" of Ms. Cyrus (aka Cryus) being a representaive of Pop Ho Entertainment Pimp Deculturalism. Those "allegations" are so true they transcend both belief and disbelief. =)

I'm really hoping that on the first episode of Miley Cyrus' reality TV show she books Honey Boo Boo as the first guest.

Dustin
09-11-2013, 09:12 PM
https://sphotos-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q71/1011644_10200473713461399_2142913873_n.jpg