View Full Version : World War II veteran dies after North Spokane attack

Achilleslastand
08-22-2013, 11:47 PM
World War II veteran dies after North Spokane attack - Spokesman Mobile - Aug. 22, 2013 (http://m.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/22/two-teens-suspected-north-spokane-killing/)

An 88-year-old veteran is dead after he was attacked Wednesday night in North Spokane.

The victim, Delbert Belton, was a World War II veteran living in Spokane, according to his family.

Spokane Police said in a news release that they responded to a call of an assault at the Eagles Lodge, 6410 N. Lidgerwood. When they got there, they found Belton in his car with serious injuries to his head. He was taken to a local hospital where he died this morning from his injuries.

Belton, who was called “Shorty,” by his friends, fought in the Battle of Okinawa in 1945, said his friend Ted Denison. Belton was shot in the leg during the war.

“He was a tough old bird, I’ll tell you that,” he said.

Belton was waiting at the Eagle Lodge for a friend because he didn’t want her to walk in alone, said Lillian Duncan, a longtime friend.

“He was so awesome,” she said. “Anybody that didn’t get to know him missed out on a wonderful angel in their life.”

Police are searching for two teenagers described as black males, ages 16-19, both wearing dark clothing and one wearing a do-rag.

Major Crimes detectives are investigating and are asking that anyone with information about the crime to call Crime Check at 456-2233.

This just makes you sick to your stomach. To survive Okinawa no less then have your life end at the hands of these feral animals.
Utterly sickening.
The world needs more Paul Kerseys.

kelroy55
08-23-2013, 07:08 AM
I saw that... very sad :(

MustangGT
08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
And the suspect arrested is....well you know what he is.

kelroy55
08-23-2013, 11:36 AM

A teenager?

RadicalModerate
08-23-2013, 12:25 PM
A mindless, murdering piece of sh*t walking around in "human" form?
No . . . that can't be right. It's to close to objectification and stereotyping.
(care to bet that he's a 2Chainz aka TitiBoi fan? me neither. same reason.)

Please allow me to apologize, in advance, to any pieces of sh*t that were offended by lumping this killer into their demographic.

Achilleslastand
08-23-2013, 02:40 PM

Im sure Carnac the Magnificent knows....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_dT0wsrGI

Mel
08-23-2013, 07:01 PM
It's because of patriotic vets like this that we are still speaking American. We have too many feral punks roaming around. Breeding should be licensed. Just because you can breed doesn't mean you should.

Mel
08-23-2013, 07:51 PM
And what I meant by that previous post is that we are not speaking German or Japanese. WWII stuff. I really don't think what we speak now is English. I watch youtube from the U.K. and can't always understand what they are saying. Sometimes it only takes going a few states away. Cajun gives me a hard time.

Achilleslastand
08-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Thousands Gather to Honor WWII Veteran Delbert 'Shorty' Belton
Thousands Gather to Honor WWII Veteran Delbert 'Shorty' Belton (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/24/Thousands-Gather-To-Honor-WWIl-Veteran-Delbert-Shorty-Belton)
With the second suspect believed to have been involved in his death is still on the loose, thousands gathered in Spokane, WA on August 23 to honor WWII Army veteran Delbert "Shorty" Belton.

88-year old Belton was attacked and beaten with flashlights by two black teens outside of Eagles Lodge on August 21.

CBS Seattle reported Belton's daughter-in-law said the attackers "used those big flashlights" and "doctors said he was bleeding from all parts of his face."

Belton's friends were shocked their dear friend--who survived being shot during WWII--ended up being killed in a parking lot attack in Spokane at the hands of fellow citizens.

Thousands of people attended the August 23 candlelight vigil for Belton, including many people who had not even known him but came to "pay tribute to an American hero."

Police have made one arrest in the attack that took Belton's life; a second suspect is still on the run.

kelroy55
08-25-2013, 01:06 PM
It's because of patriotic vets like this that we are still speaking American. We have too many feral punks roaming around. Breeding should be licensed. Just because you can breed doesn't mean you should.

The Germans and Japanese lost and they are still speaking German and Japanese.

kelroy55
08-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Looks like they got the other kid...

Second suspect arrested in WWII vet's beating death - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/us/world-war-vet-beating-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)