View Full Version : Eating Challenges around OKC

Roger S
08-18-2013, 05:59 PM
We were having dinner at Humble Pie in Edmond this evening and the couple seated behind us mentioned the Empire Challenge (http://www.papaangelospizza.com/empire-challenge) at Papa Angelo's. The owner told them he had a challenge too.

It is a 7 lb Chicago Style pizza. 1 hour time limit and have to keep it down for 15 minutes. $65 to try it. If you fail the $65 goes into a pot that the first person to complete the challenge wins. I heard him say the pot was up over $800 currently.

I also know The Vine Italian Cafe in Midwest City had a Mama Mia Bowl Challenge (http://www.thevineitaliancafe.com/faq/default.html) when they were located in Nicoma Park. The bowl was displayed at the front of the old restaurant but I have not seen it at their new location. So not 100% sure if they are still doing it.

Steak & Catfish also had a catfish challenge that was featured on Man vs Food but since they are closing at the end of the month that will be going away.

I also know that when Big Ed's was in their heyday they had a burger eating challenge but I don't know if the only remaining locations still has it or not.

Anyone know of any other eating challenges in the OKC area?

Achilleslastand
08-18-2013, 08:23 PM
None that I know of...
And ive always wanted to try the Empire challenge at Papa Angelos....but im a big wuss when it comes to stomach aches.

Roger S
08-18-2013, 08:57 PM
None that I know of...
And ive always wanted to try the Empire challenge at Papa Angelos....but im a big wuss when it comes to stomach aches.

Same here but my wife is usually the voice of reason and talks me down...... I saw three guys try it one night. They all failed.

Garin
08-18-2013, 08:58 PM
I worked with the only guy that ever beat the Empire.... He went back the next night t o do it again and they wouldn't let him lol

OSUMom
08-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Let's Do Greek, downtown in the First National Building (and I think they have places in Edmond and MWC) have something called The Zeus that if you eat it in 45 minutes you get a t-shirt.

jerrywall
08-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Good Gravy on Western has one called "The Bombelette" which gets you a before and after photo on the wall.