View Full Version : News 9 Dean Blevins agree to a 4 year Contract Extension

Tydude
08-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Dean Blevins agrees to four-year extension as KWTV-9 sports director | News OK (http://newsok.com/dean-blevins-agrees-to-four-year-extension-as-kwtv-9-sports-director/article/3872434)

After 16 years at KWTV-9, sports director Dean Blevins said he has agreed to a four-year contract extension with the station.

“We will decide then whether to keep plugging away or to call it a day,” said Blevins, 57. “Even if I were to stop doing television, it's not as if I would retire.”

Blevins, a former OU quarterback and point guard, said he has enjoyed co-hosting “The Oklahoma Sports Blitz,” 10:25 p.m. Sundays, with KOTV-6 sports director John Holcomb.

“We kind of tweak it periodically,” he said. “It's the first of it's kind, and it's the only statewide show.”

Blevins also worked 13 years as a college football analyst and sideline reporter for ABC, CBS and ESPN.

venture
08-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Eh. Never cared for Dean. The staff he has on hand now is also extremely amatuer and subpar compared to the quality people he use to have on hand. Though I often feel his ego tends to get in the way.

SoonerDave
08-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Eh. Never cared for Dean. The staff he has on hand now is also extremely amatuer and subpar compared to the quality people he use to have on hand. Though I often feel his ego tends to get in the way.

Yeah I remember one issue several years ago when, if memory serves, Mark Rodgers was working as a sports reporter at 9 for Blevins, but then one day was offered/took the SD job at KOCO that he left only a couple of years ago. Story went that Blevins took Rodgers departure as some sort of personal slap-in-the-face and was persona non grata from then on. Egos aplenty. I remember Steely on the Animal telling that one reason he finally quit TV was he was tired of the ego part of the business in which he just wasn't interested, and why Radio became the "right fit" for him. Not that big egos aren't a part of talk radio, of course, but its not the same kind of ego that has the "visual" component to it, always worried about appearance, the right "look," stuff like that.

sgt. pepper
08-16-2013, 12:22 PM
I haven't watch channel 9 sports in years. I do not like that "sports blitz". I don't care to hear anything on Tulsa U. football, Tulsa high school sports, Tulsa hockey, or Tulsa anything else. Their link with channel 6 up there just has too many stories in Tulsa. If I wanted the hear news about the crime capitol of Oklahoma, I would move there. I loved Mark Rogers, but don't care much for Dean.

kwhey
08-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Smh.

nighttrain12
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
75% chance this is the last 4 year extension that Dean The Dream gets in any field.