View Full Version : Redneck Games

Karried
07-09-2005, 05:58 PM
I was so worried to click on this headline - I knew for sure it would feature Oklahoma - thank you God!! We weren't mentioned, ha,ha Georgia was the host. Even though it looks fun, I'm ready for a little more sophistication for our fine state.

"Each year the Redneck Games try to have special guests to participate in the events. This year, Steve Schirripa, better know as Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri of the Sopranos got to test his redneck skills.
"Don't tell me I'm no redneck," he said after taking a quick three to nothing lead in redneck horseshoes.

He also got to dine on a tasty redneck treat not many get a chance to sample, as he went bobbin' for pigs feet.

As for another local and proud redneck who's been around the games for several years, Freight Train, the games have a deeper meaning than flopping in mud or chomping on pig's feet. This is a time for everyone to get together.

"It's all 'bout getting around with people and enjoyin' life and don't worry 'bout nothing," he said.

The games kicked off Saturday afternoon at Buckeye Park in East Dublin with the lighting of the ceremonial grill. Games such as redneck horseshoes, the hubcap hurl, bobbin' for pig's feet, the mud pit belly flop and the seed spitting contest were set to continue throughout the day, depending on the weather. "