View Full Version : God given talents

mranderson
07-09-2005, 09:00 AM
This is a thread with bragging rights. Everyone has at least one God Given talent. What are yours?

kahloist
09-27-2005, 06:20 AM
I speak 4 languages fluently and am picking up three more. Communicating with peoples I would have to say is my talent.

karlanee
09-27-2005, 06:47 AM
I am very good at finding out information. I love Google. I am good at solving mysteries (like in books). I can speak/read French - not as well as I used to though. I can play the piano a little. And the piéce de resistance - I can touch my tongue to my nose!

Keith
09-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I am very good at organizing events. This year, our church was without a youth minister, so I was in charge of getting things ready for our week at Falls Creek. Our new pastor gave me compliment after compliment.......now, I am organizing a three day retreat for our youth and for the youth of another church....about 50 teenagers total. This will happen during Fall Break (Oct 20-22).

I love to write, especially feature stories. Right now, I am the editor of a newsletter that is distributed to all fire stations in Okla. City, as well as to the fire chief and all of fire administration. I am part of the Citizen's Fire Academy Alumni Association, which is an organization that assists the fire department in a variety of ways. I compile the newsletter together, do the editing, and then it is proof read by the fire chief's secretary. I have always loved to write.

At one time, we had a newsletter that was distributed to all city employees, and I was a feature writer for it. When the editor of the newsletter retired, so did the newsletter....and I really miss it.

One of my favorite talents is working behind the scenes. I don't like being in the spotlight, so I stay behind the scenes. In all of our productions at church, I always ran the sound system or a spotlight.

ibda12u
09-30-2005, 07:47 AM
I play several instruments. Bass, sax, guitar, clarinet, trombone, tuba, some drums, a small bit of keyboard.

gbyte
09-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I am very good at picking up anything that I understand and especially if it's some sort of systemic routine. Another is being able to become good at whatever I work hard at (except with dating, lol)

For example, after living in an area for a couple of weeks I usually have most of the stop lights down to being only 1-2 seconds off of knowing when they will turn green / etc.

I can pick up new programming languages easier than most people (mostly due to 4 years of computer science in college but with my nature it becomes very easy)

While I may not be good from the start give me enough time with video games I will learn their routines and ways to work around them to my advantage