View Full Version : Self-storage reccomendations near Quail Springs Mall?

oki
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Any recommendations of self-storage near Quail Springs Mall?

I could've sworn there was one on May Ave and 150th/164th, or maybe one on Memorial Road... but I can't find them online.

Any suggestions for small/medium storage units? Or, even, cheap/affordable and reputable local movers?

I looked into Pods, but after pick up, storage, and moving, those things are EXPENSIVE!

zookeeper
07-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Any recommendations of self-storage near Quail Springs Mall?

I could've sworn there was one on May Ave and 150th/164th, or maybe one on Memorial Road... but I can't find them online.

Any suggestions for small/medium storage units? Or, even, cheap/affordable and reputable local movers?

I looked into Pods, but after pick up, storage, and moving, those things are EXPENSIVE!

They can be on the high side, but remember what little you have to do. The convenience factor is incredible. I used them and stored stuff with them for several years and loved the simplicity and the climate controlled storage.

oki
07-23-2013, 07:40 PM
They can be on the high side, but remember what little you have to do. The convenience factor is incredible. I used them and stored stuff with them for several years and loved the simplicity and the climate controlled storage.

They do seem very convenient. I like the idea of it.

But for the $700 and up they're quoting me to store under a month and move my stuff within the same city I could get a real guy and a van. I have less than one room of things. No big furniture other than a mattress. Plus, Pods doesn't have the dates I need available online.

I saw that UHaul has some version of Pods. I might have to see what their pricing is.

I probably am underestimating the costs of moving, but I can't imagine $700-800 to pack myself and have a guy drop off the container a few miles away then unpack myself for one bedroom of stuff. Do you happen to remember about how much your move was? I'm curious what to expect, or if the online web quote I got could be a little wrong.

bluedogok
07-23-2013, 10:25 PM
We looked at PODS, U-Pack (ABF) and the Mayflower option was pretty expensive for the move from Austin to Denver, we ended up moving ourselves. We did find a two guys and a truck kind of outfit here in Denver to move us from the rental to the house we bought, they were good and reasonable and have pretty much all their business from referrals. They just moved a co-worker of mine from Parker to Littleton and she was happy with them. See if you can find some people to refer this type of group to move you, they are usually pretty reasonable and quicker than I thought they would be.