View Full Version : 2013 Tour de France

Just the facts
07-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Has anyone else been watching the 2013 Tour de France? The coverage on NBCSC has been very good. This is the first time I have ever watched it and admittingly, I started watching it for the sceneray and to study how French villages are situtated, but it has been very interesting and fun to watch. I have only missed a few stages. Watching it on a TV that can actually do justice to the event also helps. I couldn't imagine watching it on my old TV.

CaptDave
07-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Not this year - I was an avid viewer during the Armstrong years but was so disappointed in how that turned out I haven't had any desire to tune in. Although the sport is probably "cleaner" now than it has been in a long time.

But you are correct, the scenery on a HDTV is stunning....

Just the facts
07-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Not this year - I was an avid viewer during the Armstrong years but was so disappointed in how that turned out I haven't had any desire to tune in. Although the sport is probably "cleaner" now than it has been in a long time.

But you are correct, the scenery on a HDTV is stunning....

The other night we were watching and my wife uttered 7 words I thought I would never hear; why didn't you get a bigger TV? If I thought she would have gone for a 65" I would have.

ThomPaine
07-19-2013, 08:39 PM
I didnt watch much ths year because there wasn't an American with any chance for the win, or even a jersey, nor are there any teams of interest. I do like seeing a Brit in the lead though, that makes for great drama with the Continentals.

Regardless, the scenery is literally breathtaking, and has made me want to go to France.

Bill Robertson
07-20-2013, 12:42 PM
I used to race in the 70s and have been a huge fan since. Until now. I used to watch the Tour, and any other cycling races I could find on TV. Even travelled a bit to see US races when I could. Went to Atlanta for the Olympics. Now after being a faithful follower and believer in Armstrong then finding out he's a lying scumbag I'm done. I just can't find any interest in cycling at all.

CaptDave
07-21-2013, 02:07 PM
The laser projections on the Arc De Triomphe were pretty impressive at the award ceremony.