View Full Version : Metropolitan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

betts
01-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I went by today and there's no activity.

Teo9969
01-19-2014, 12:36 AM
This, 10th and Shartel, and the Edge will be the new standard for downtown. Exciting watching the quality of developments improve so much in the past few years.

And Steel Yard as well!

Pete
01-19-2014, 07:57 AM
^

I think the 1201 N. Francis Apartments has the potential to be the most interesting of all.

Pete
01-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Just this morning 1/21/14 applied for two building permits totally $27.6 million.

catch22
01-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Did they downscale it? Original cost was $45MM?

Pete
01-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Did they downscale it? Original cost was $45MM?

Building permits don't include land, furniture, fixtures and equipment.

They usually run about half the total investment.

catch22
01-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Building permits don't include land, furniture, fixtures and equipment.

They usually run about half the total investment.

True, forgot about that. :)

okclee
03-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Any updates with this?

Spartan
03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Yeah this is becoming a question mark I'm afraid...

bchris02
03-19-2014, 11:26 AM

It wouldn't surprise me. This was really one of the more exciting developments planned in OKC so I hope its not dead.

Pete
03-19-2014, 11:29 AM
They closed on the purchase of the land and have received all the necessary building permits.

They should be starting any time now.

Spartan
03-19-2014, 11:30 AM
That was in January.

catch22
03-19-2014, 11:36 AM
We haven't exactly had the greatest weather. Perhaps instead of starting and stopping for two months, they are waiting until now to get a good run on construction now that the weather has stabilized.

Pete
03-19-2014, 11:58 AM
They paid $3.2 million for that land, so they are all in.

And it's not unusual for a few months to pass after building permits are approved before work actually starts.

bchris02
03-19-2014, 11:59 AM
The weather probably has played a part, for the same reason we have seen a delay in construction on Dust Bowl/Fassler Hall.

Dubya61
03-19-2014, 12:19 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. This was really one of the more exciting developments planned in OKC so I hope its not dead.

Sigh.

AP
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Sigh.

+1

bradh
03-19-2014, 12:48 PM
What a bunch of "whomp whomp" fools in here

Just worked up some pricing for civil utilities for some contractors a week ago on this, most definitely alive and well.

pickles
03-19-2014, 01:00 PM
It wouldn't surprise me.

Of course it wouldn't. Even if Oklahoma City is ready for a project like this, it probably doesn't deserve it yet.

Urbanized
03-19-2014, 01:02 PM
http://lanternhollow.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/angry_mob_by_acwraith.jpg

bchris02
03-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Of course it wouldn't. Even if Oklahoma City is ready for a project like this, it probably doesn't deserve it yet.

Never said that.

soonerguru
03-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Oh no! Looks like there's been a change in plans.

The Evening Independent - Google News Archive Search (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19841107&id=LmlQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HloDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7248,1582736)

Teo9969
03-19-2014, 02:22 PM
We haven't exactly had the greatest weather. Perhaps instead of starting and stopping for two months, they are waiting until now to get a good run on construction now that the weather has stabilized.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring (and my Birthday!)...I'm not sure "stable" is an apt descriptor of Spring weather in OK :wink:

catch22
03-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Happy Birthday!

By Stable, I mean the polar vortex is gone. (I think--hope) :D

Teo9969
03-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Happy Birthday!

By Stable, I mean the polar vortex is gone. (I think--hope) :D

It snowed on my birthday in 2010...

PhiAlpha
03-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Sigh.

I hear they are actually excavating the site and moving it to Tulsa and will construct the metropolitan there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catch22
03-19-2014, 05:01 PM
I hear they are actually excavating the site and moving it to Tulsa and will construct the metropolitan there.

This actually makes perfect sense. I bet if it does well in Tulsa, they will eventually build the concept in OKC.

PhiAlpha
03-19-2014, 05:26 PM
This actually makes perfect sense. I bet if it does well in Tulsa, they will eventually build the concept in OKC.

If only we could be sooooo lucky. Maybe some day.

bchris02
03-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Very funny parody of me lol. The sarcasm though should probably be redirected at Costco, the Fresh Market, Urban Outfitters, and the numerous other retailers that have fallen for the Tulsa hype. If it wasn't for them, I would never post anything about Tulsa being ahead of OKC.

soonerguru
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Very funny parody of me lol. The sarcasm though should probably be redirected at Costco, the Fresh Market, Urban Outfitters, and the numerous other retailers that have fallen for the Tulsa hype. If it wasn't for them, I would never post anything about Tulsa being ahead of OKC.

Which of those retailers you named have opened a location in Tulsa?

warreng88
03-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Steve's latest blog post:

OKC Central

NewsOK | BLOGS

Don't Believe the Rumors: The Metropolitan is Alive

By Steve Lackmeyer
Published: March 20, 2014

A rumor lurking around town and online is that because The Metropolitan apartment project has been quiet for a few months that maybe it’s not going to happen.

This rumor is false.

Read the rest of Steve's blog at: Don't Believe the Rumors: The Metropolitan is Alive | News OK (http://newsok.com/dont-believe-the-rumors-the-metropolitan-is-alive/article/3945160)

Spartan
03-20-2014, 07:24 AM

It's their latest revitalization plan mirrored after OKC's success: Relocation of our red dirt to their most-valuable development sites.

traxx
03-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Steve's latest blog post:

OKC Central

NewsOK | BLOGS

Don't Believe the Rumors: The Metropolitan is Alive

By Steve Lackmeyer
Published: March 20, 2014

A rumor lurking around town and online is that because The Metropolitan apartment project has been quiet for a few months that maybe it’s not going to happen.

This rumor is false.

Read the rest of Steve's blog at: Don't Believe the Rumors: The Metropolitan is Alive | News OK (http://newsok.com/dont-believe-the-rumors-the-metropolitan-is-alive/article/3945160)

I think Steve is speaking directly to this thread.

Pete
03-20-2014, 10:06 AM
There were no "rumors"...

Just people asking questions that were already answered.

LakeEffect
03-20-2014, 10:08 AM

And, he could have been speaking to questions outside the blog as well. My wife randomly asked me last week if the project was still a go...

catch22
03-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Seems he is taking any avenue possible to discredit your website Pete.

I have heard no rumors, outside of this thread, and even then people were only asking about the status....

AP
03-20-2014, 10:51 AM

I have heard no rumors, outside of this thread, and even then people were only asking about the status....

I didn't say it this time.

Mississippi Blues
03-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Steve has become so elementary it's almost embarrassing. I don't mean to discredit him as he's brought a lot to the coverage of OKC development, but I lose more interest and desire to hear what he has to say on a daily basis due to his school girl jealousy issue with OKCTalk.

PhiAlpha
03-20-2014, 11:44 AM

Not to be an ass to Steve but does one person expressing some doubt about a project in this thread (which was immediately dispelled) really qualify as a rumor?

catch22
03-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Not to be an ass to Steve but does one person expressing some doubt about a project in this thread (which was immediately dispelled) really qualify as a rumor?

Apparently so.

I didn't say it this time.

That's alright. I don't mind saying it.

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 11:58 AM

I have heard no rumors, outside of this thread, and even then people were only asking about the status....How do you figure? The information Steve was giving was just referring to the general consensus people seem to have if dirt isn't moving or cranes aren't in the air, the project is dead. Maybe Steve would've worded it better so people wouldn't get their panties in a wad and get so defensive. I bet Steve enjoys this wonderful website just as much you or I. Why else would he be here to provide insight on such things?

I am sure Pete and has stated multiple times, he and Steve get along and are good friends. I highly doubt Steve has beef with this site, just a few posters(not referring to you) that have hidden behind a computer with their identity concealed and Steve's known. How do you engage in an debate(argument) under those circumstances?

Not trying to bitch at you, just trying to understand where you are coming from. Not trying to get on your bad side, Catch22, and certainly don't want to make it any worse since the "last time" in the E town thread, but I have to call out when I see fit.

OkieNate
03-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Steve has become so elementary it's almost embarrassing. I don't mean to discredit him as he's brought a lot to the coverage of OKC development, but I lose more interest and desire to hear what he has to say on a daily basis due to his school girl jealousy issue with OKCTalk.

LIKE and Agree.

BDK
03-20-2014, 12:22 PM
You guys are fighting over a simple choice of words.

In the post Steve says, "A rumor lurking around town and online is that because The Metropolitan apartment project has been quiet for a few months that maybe it’s not going to happen. This rumor is false."

He's obviously just talking about speculation. If you guys want to fight over the differences in the definitions of "speculation" and "rumor," go ahead. Obviously Steve's intent was to address speculation, though. Steve makes comments sometimes that should raise eyebrows and ire of those who visit this site. This is not one of them.

warreng88
03-20-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't have anything against Steve at all and appreciate all his hard work and I just think he and Pete have different sources so when something like the Chisolm Creek development comes along, something like that would be more suitable for a web discussion forum such as this one rather than a blog post or an article in the Oklahoman. I don't think it's wrong, it is just a different way of doing things.

catch22
03-20-2014, 12:40 PM

In the post Steve says, "A rumor lurking around town and online is that because The Metropolitan apartment project has been quiet for a few months that maybe it’s not going to happen. This rumor is false."

He's obviously just talking about speculation. If you guys want to fight over the differences in the definitions of "speculation" and "rumor," go ahead. Obviously Steve's intent was to address speculation, though. Steve makes comments sometimes that should raise eyebrows and ire of those who visit this site. This is not one of them.

C'mon. The HEADLINE of his blog is "Don't believe the rumors: The Metropolitan is alive".

You can't be any more clear than that. I have not heard any discussion outside of this thread; overheard in public, discussion among friends/circles, about a rumor of this development being off the shelf. The only place it was mentioned was in this thread, which was very quickly and promptly corrected. And just a day or two later, Steve is fighting rumors from "online websites". Coincidence? I think not.

David
03-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Oh, there's no coincidence, but I think it's far more likely that he was targeting the rumor specifically (and possibly the posters who were baselessly spreading it) and not the site in general.

catch22
03-20-2014, 01:16 PM
What rumor though? It was one post, which was very quickly and factually corrected....

For consistency's sake, I expect a blog post regarding every single post on the forum which is not factually correct/seeking information.

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 01:23 PM

He's obviously just talking about speculation. If you guys want to fight over the differences in the definitions of "speculation" and "rumor," go ahead. Obviously Steve's intent was to address speculation, though. Steve makes comments sometimes that should raise eyebrows and ire of those who visit this site. This is not one of them.yeap

AP
03-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it was really just these two posts:

Then everyone making fun of bchris02, like usual.

Wouldn't really call that a rumor.

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 01:24 PM
What rumor though? It was one post, which was very quickly and factually corrected....

For consistency's sake, I expect a blog post regarding every single post on the forum which is not factually correct/seeking information.How do you know that he hadn't heard of people talking about outside of this website? You do know there is world outside of here, right? I also recall a couple folks on his chats bringing it up on the last two times.

bchris02
03-20-2014, 01:25 PM
I guess I have to take partial blame for my post in response to Spartan. It's hard to believe two posts in this thread, which is largely speculative anyways, warranted this article though. Any doubt that was brought into the discussion was quickly quelled. From now on I'll be far more careful about what I post.

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Yeah, it was really just these two posts:

Then everyone making fun of bchris02, like usual.

Wouldn't really call that a rumor.The only reason that happens it sometimes Bchris looks at the glass half empty, but he brings up a lot of good points, just some of those points aren't what people want to hear.

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 01:27 PM
I guess I have to take partial blame for my post in response to Spartan. It's hard to believe two posts in this thread, which is largely speculative anyways, warranted this article though. Any doubt that was brought into the discussion was quickly quelled. From now on I'll be far more careful about what I post.Seriously, how do we even know that spawned Steve's article? Where is that coming from?

bchris02
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Seriously, how do we even know that spawned Steve's article? Where is that coming from?

People are saying the article was response to posts in this thread. He may be referring to chat questions though, which I think it has been brought up more than once.

AP
03-20-2014, 01:36 PM
The only reason that happens it sometimes Bchris looks at the glass half empty, but he brings up a lot of good points, just some of those points aren't what people want to hear.

Sometimes? Nah, all the time. Dude is pretty negative.

Just the facts
03-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Wow - so Steve says rumors 'around town and on-line' translates directly to and only to OKCTalk? Anyone care to guess how many online forums there are for OKC? Answer, a bunch.

David
03-20-2014, 02:07 PM
There are other OKC development forums with threads specifically discussing this project? Which ones?

(Half joking, half serious, if there really are other OKC development forums I'd love to know about them so I can start watching them.)

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 02:49 PM
There are other OKC development forums with threads specifically discussing this project? Which ones?

(Half joking, half serious, if there really are other OKC development forums I'd love to know about them so I can start watching them.)Skyscraper city .... skyscraper page ... citydata etc... OKC is mentioned quite a bit on the Dallas forum

Spartan
03-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Those aren't OKC, and are usually updated by one person, often from here.

Plutonic Panda
03-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Those aren't OKC, and are usually updated by one person, often from here.They sure the hell are OKC. Doesn't mean OKC specifically, but they have updates on OKC development. I have created an account and am going to start updating Skyscraper city on big developments in OKC.