View Full Version : Quality grocery stores in OKC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

bradh
08-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I agree. It should give Wal-Mart some competition but is not a game changer by any means. I was hoping it would at least be a Safeway or something.

Safeway is just another Homeland. Safeway has sucked everywhere I've been

bchris02
08-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Safeway is just another Homeland. Safeway has sucked everywhere I've been

By what standard? I do know Homeland was Safeway years ago, but the newer ones I've seen have been pretty decent. When your standard is the Homeland at 18th and Classen, what may be a ho-hum offering in other markets could be top notch here.

RadicalModerate
08-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Anyone who doesn't think Homeland can be a "Quality Grocery Store" has never shopped the one at May and Britton.
(and i am a fairly picky "hobby cook")

bradh
08-07-2013, 08:24 AM
By what standard? I do know Homeland was Safeway years ago, but the newer ones I've seen have been pretty decent. When your standard is the Homeland at 18th and Classen, what may be a ho-hum offering in other markets could be top notch here.

From my memories of Safeway (granted it was years ago) in Houston, and then when I lived in Phoenix in the mid 2000's.

Kroger Signature stores (which is pretty much what all of them are these days), or something like the Dillon's on Central & Rock in Wichita are what I'd consider top notch grocery stores.

MWCGuy
08-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Homeland became a watered down version of Safeway the day they arrived in Oklahoma. As a kid I remember Safeway had the best donuts, cakes, cookies, pies and who could forget Cragmont Soda. My parents started shopping the one that was at 89th and Penn the day it opened until Homeland took over. The day Homeland arrived, it all went away. Then to top it off the prices went up and my parents switched from there to Buchanans.

bluedogok
08-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Homeland became a watered down version of Safeway the day they arrived in Oklahoma. As a kid I remember Safeway had the best donuts, cakes, cookies, pies and who could forget Cragmont Soda. My parents started shopping the one that was at 89th and Penn the day it opened until Homeland took over. The day Homeland arrived, it all went away. Then to top it off the prices went up and my parents switched from there to Buchanans.
Homeland didn't "arrive", it was a group of Oklahoma Safeway managers who bought the stores and facilities that Safeway was selling due to debt load and the collapse of the (junk) bond market when Michael Milken was indicted. Safeway was selling entire regions (including Austin and Houston) to satisfy the debt and ended up closing stores/facilities in entire cities where they couldn't get buyers. If the Oklahoma Safeway group had not bought the chain, more than likely all the Safeway stores would have closed in Oklahoma.

bchris02
08-09-2013, 10:14 PM

One thing good grocery stores have, in my opinion, is an excellent selection of pre-prepared meals and deserts. That is great for me as a single person if I don't want to cook and its far healthier than going for fast food. Stores like Harris Teeter, H-E-B, and Kroger are great in that department. In OKC, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Uptown Grocery, and Buy For Less on NW Expressway are the only stores that have that amenity.

bradh
08-10-2013, 07:13 AM
That Buy for Less actually has a good selection of those too. I actually like their sushii.

WM Neighborhood Market on Rockwell and Hefner also has some pre-prepared items.

purpledice42
08-15-2013, 10:52 AM
^ Nice seeing you over here,

It would be a godsend if Kroger came in. It would be awesome to have some central markets come in. Food is a huge issue with me and OKC. I just can't stand all the craplands, walmarts, and targets.

Well, I am disappointed that Aldi hasn't gotten to OKC yet...

Jim Kyle
08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, I am disappointed that Aldi hasn't gotten to OKC yet...Where have you been for the past several years? They are at NW Hiway and Rockwell and also on N Penn just south of Memorial, to my knowledge, and probably also on the south side of town (which I don't get to much any more). The one at NW Hiway and Rockwell has been there for quite a long time; I can't remember just how long but at least three years...

bchris02
08-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Well, I am disappointed that Aldi hasn't gotten to OKC yet...

Aldi has been in OKC since the 1990s.

I haven't been in an Aldi since 1994 but back then they were dirty and sold lots of expired goods. That kind of ruined my opinion of them.

OKCNDN
08-15-2013, 11:56 AM

I haven't been in an Aldi since 1994 but back then they were dirty and sold lots of expired goods. That kind of ruined my opinion of them.

They are much better now. Still not a pristine store but acceptable especially if younger and funds are low.

RadicalModerate
08-15-2013, 11:58 AM
I live two miles from Aldi.
Went in there one time.
That was enough for me.

I've been to Whole Foods more times than that.
And Sprouts (if that is still what it's called) even more frequently.

Homeland is good for almost anything I can consider cooking.
The run-down, ghetto, Buy For Less is really my go-to choice.

Everytime I go there it is like a Celebration of Diversity.
(and not just in regard to the offerings on the shelves!)

ctchandler
08-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Jim,
It was there before I retired, May 2004. I stopped in there I think in the late 90's.
C. T.
The one at NW Hiway and Rockwell has been there for quite a long time; I can't remember just how long but at least three years...

zookeeper
08-15-2013, 12:43 PM

If you're going by your opinion of them from 1994 and it ruined your impression of them, imagine if you were out-of-town and applied that same standard to Oklahoma City?

Dubya61
11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Crest Foods announced on their facebook page that they will open the Norman store on November 18th.

bchris02
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Crest Foods announced on their facebook page that they will open the Norman store on November 18th.

I have heard rumors that the next location is going to be Yukon or Mustang.

I wish Crest would show the Northside some love and build a fresh market somewhere.

warreng88
11-06-2013, 02:10 PM
I have heard rumors that the next location is going to be Yukon or Mustang.

I wish Crest would show the Northside some love and build a fresh market somewhere.

It might have more to do with space than "showing love". They have a location at NW 23rd and Meridian, Hefner and Rockwell and a store in Edmond on 2nd street if I remember correctly. I would love for them to buy out the Albertson's on Expressway and MacArthur, tear it down and build a fresh market there.

bchris02
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
It might have more to do with space than "showing love". They have a location at NW 23rd and Meridian, Hefner and Rockwell and a store in Edmond on 2nd street if I remember correctly. I would love for them to buy out the Albertson's on Expressway and MacArthur, tear it down and build a fresh market there.

That would be a great location. That Homeland looks like it was once pretty nice but is now deeply neglected. A Crest Market would be a home run there. I also think somewhere in the vicinity of Belle Isle would be a good spot to give Wal-Mart some competition. I would say downtown if they would be willing to build an urban format.

I like the Edmond Crest. It is almost as good as a fresh market. The Hefner and Rockwell location is very small.

HangryHippo
11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
That would be a great location. That Homeland looks like it was once pretty nice but is now deeply neglected. A Crest Market would be a home run there. I also think somewhere in the vicinity of Belle Isle would be a good spot to give Wal-Mart some competition. I would say downtown if they would be willing to build an urban format.

I like the Edmond Crest. It is almost as good as a fresh market. The Hefner and Rockwell location is very small.

I think a Crest Market would actually be a homerun on the site of the current Homeland at 18th (?) and Classen or somewhere in Midtown on one of the empty lots.

rte66man
11-06-2013, 03:10 PM

That's because it too once was a Homeland.

bchris02
11-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I think a Crest Market would actually be a homerun on the site of the current Homeland at 18th (?) and Classen or somewhere in Midtown on one of the empty lots.

Would that be a big enough lot though? Crest Fresh Markets being built today are pretty decent sized. I personally think a two story Crest or Uptown Grocery would be cool for downtown somewhere.

warreng88
11-06-2013, 03:54 PM
That Homeland at 18th and Classen needs to be torn down and reconfigured anyways. A smaller, possibly two story Crest would go really well there and would serve the people of Heritage Hills, Mesta Park and Gatewood with a quality grocery store that area has needed for a while. We live at NW 21st and May and travel to Sprouts for our grocceries, but would definitely rethink it if something nicer were in this area.

HangryHippo
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Would that be a big enough lot though? Crest Fresh Markets being built today are pretty decent sized. I personally think a two story Crest or Uptown Grocery would be cool for downtown somewhere.

Probably not if it's configured the same as all the others. But as Warren posted, it could be reconfigured when built and would probably do quite well there. It would certainly start to pull more people just based on the location if it was cleaner.

bchris02
11-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Probably not if it's configured the same as all the others. But as Warren posted, it could be reconfigured when built and would probably do quite well there. It would certainly start to pull more people just based on the location if it was cleaner.

Agreed. There is no reason people who live in the core should have to drive to the Belle Isle Wal-Mart. If there was a quality grocery store at 18th and Classen I think it would serve the fast-growing inner-city population well.

They should put a two story Crest or Uptown Grocery in that stop. I am not sure Homeland would sell it though. Chances of getting an Uptown Grocery in Midtown are probably more likely.

zachj7
11-06-2013, 10:26 PM
The Safeways that I know of in California are much better than crapland. There is just no comparison...
Wish we had Kroger and HEB central market. Give us a trader joes and a Costco while you are at it and I'll be a happy camper.

MWCGuy
11-07-2013, 01:05 AM
I noticed around the country Safeway has either moved out of or demolished and rebuilt the OKC former Safeway's Homeland occupies. They building some pretty interesting concepts with a parking garage concept with parking on one level store on the other.

bchris02
11-07-2013, 06:15 AM
The Safeways that I know of in California are much better than crapland. There is just no comparison...
Wish we had Kroger and HEB central market. Give us a trader joes and a Costco while you are at it and I'll be a happy camper.

I really don't think OKC has any hope of immediately seeing a national chain come into the market and build the type of stores many would like to see. Homeland folding or getting bought out would be the optimal solution. Without that or a change in the liquor laws, the best we can hope for is slow expansion of Uptown Grocery and Crest Fresh Market.

Bunty
11-07-2013, 10:03 PM
They are much better now. Still not a pristine store but acceptable especially if younger and funds are low.

The new one in Stillwater draws a lot of business.

jerrywall
11-08-2013, 04:26 PM
I really don't think OKC has any hope of immediately seeing a national chain come into the market and build the type of stores many would like to see. Homeland folding or getting bought out would be the optimal solution. Without that or a change in the liquor laws, the best we can hope for is slow expansion of Uptown Grocery and Crest Fresh Market.

Costco is already coming, and TJs is likely on the horizon (weren't they scouting OKC recently?).

RadicalModerate
11-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Wasn't the word "grocery" (store) originally applied primarily to upscale (in the contemporary sense) fresh vegetable stands that evolved from roadway stands to "brick and mortar" buildings?

Plutonic Panda
11-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Sent an email to HEB asking about possible Oklahoma locations and received this disappointing email:

'Dear Mr. Sadeghy,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. I appreciate this opportunity to respond to your store requests.

H-E-B stores are primarily in Texas; however, we do have stores in Mexico. We’re happy to read that you enjoy our stores, but we are not planning to expand outside of Texas at this time. We appreciate your understanding, and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Texas.

We value you as our Customer and genuinely appreciate your comments and your business. Thank you again for writing, and for shopping at H-E-B.

Sincerely,

Doreen Padilla
HEB Grocery Company
Customer Relations Department
padilla.doreen@heb.com

bchris02
11-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Sent an email to HEB asking about possible Oklahoma locations and received this disappointing email:

'Dear Mr. Sadeghy,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. I appreciate this opportunity to respond to your store requests.

H-E-B stores are primarily in Texas; however, we do have stores in Mexico. We’re happy to read that you enjoy our stores, but we are not planning to expand outside of Texas at this time. We appreciate your understanding, and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Texas.

We value you as our Customer and genuinely appreciate your comments and your business. Thank you again for writing, and for shopping at H-E-B.

Sincerely,

Doreen Padilla
HEB Grocery Company
Customer Relations Department
padilla.doreen@heb.com

I like H-E-B but if any national grocery chain was to expand into OKC I doubt it would be them. They are pretty committed to Texas and Texas only (south Texas at that). I believe the recently shuttered their Louisiana locations. DFW doesn't even have any regular H-E-B stores. What they do have is Central Market which is a different concept entirely but more similar to Whole Foods.

I hope you are right about Kroger entering the market one day, but I am not holding my breath on a major national regular grocery chain in OKC until the liquor laws change which isn't happening any time soon. It's been something this area has really lacked since Albertson's left the market, and even then I've heard Albertson's had inferior stores in OKC to their other markets. At least there are a few choices in the metro that are decent (Uptown Grocery, Buy for Less on NW Expw, Whole Foods), you just may have to drive by several Super Wal-Marts to get to them. Even though choices today are mindbogglingly few for a city this size, a few years ago there was virtually NO quality choices. There is always the possibility of the entrance of Reasor's into this market to really shake things up, but that has been talked about for so long I'll believe it when it is announced.

Specialty stores i.e. Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, more Whole Foods locations will probably definitely happen within the next few years. Regular, corner grocery shopping will probably continue to be dominated by Wal-Mart in this area for the foreseeable future.

Debzkidz
11-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I like H-E-B but if any national grocery chain was to expand into OKC I doubt it would be them. They are pretty committed to Texas and Texas only (south Texas at that). I believe the recently shuttered their Louisiana locations. DFW doesn't even have any regular H-E-B stores. What they do have is Central Market which is a different concept entirely but more similar to Whole Foods.

I hope you are right about Kroger entering the market one day, but I am not holding my breath on a major national regular grocery chain in OKC until the liquor laws change which isn't happening any time soon. It's been something this area has really lacked since Albertson's left the market, and even then I've heard Albertson's had inferior stores in OKC to their other markets. At least there are a few choices in the metro that are decent (Uptown Grocery, Buy for Less on NW Expw, Whole Foods), you just may have to drive by several Super Wal-Marts to get to them. Even though choices today are mindbogglingly few for a city this size, a few years ago there was virtually NO quality choices. There is always the possibility of the entrance of Reasor's into this market to really shake things up, but that has been talked about for so long I'll believe it when it is announced.

Specialty stores i.e. Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, more Whole Foods locations will probably definitely happen within the next few years. Regular, corner grocery shopping will probably continue to be dominated by Wal-Mart in this area for the foreseeable future.
Yeah they do. They are now in the southern suburbs. They have a store in Burleson, which they opened a year or two ago. They also have one in Waxahachie. It's been there for years. My folks used to live about a mile from it.

bchris02
11-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah they do. They are now in the southern suburbs. They have a store in Burleson, which they opened a year or two ago. They also have one in Waxahachie. It's been there for years. My folks used to live about a mile from it.

Right, they do have locations in Waxahachie and Burleson but those are more exurbs. H-E-B doesn't have a strong presence in the DFW metro the way they do in the Houston metro other than the Central Market concept. DFW will be blanketed with H-E-B stores before OKC ever gets any.

zachj7
11-22-2013, 11:36 PM
The new Crest in Norman is a solid grocery store. What should be expected.

bchris02
11-23-2013, 12:20 PM

I agree as is the S May location. In other cities, that standard of store is as numerous as Super Wal-Marts are here. I wish they would build a location or two in NW OKC. The Crest locations up here are in former Homelands and are tiny, nothing like the new one in Norman and at SW 104th and May. Rumor is the next location is going to be in Yukon.

bluedogok
11-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, HEB in recent years started venturing into the DFW market (outside of Central Market). The Louisiana store was a HEB Pantry store in Lake Charles, opened in 1996 and closed in 2003, the Pantry (small store) concept was abandoned in 2000. They have a few stores in Midland and Odessa, none in Lubbock or Amarillo so there hasn't been much expansion west or northwest. Central Market is actually headquartered in Dallas and not San Antonio like HEB, they are up to 9 stores and started in Austin in 1994. I wish they would expand a bit more but they have been very deliberate over the years in regards to expansion, probably prudent for a privately held company. I still think Kroger is the best option for Oklahoma considering they surround the state with stores between all the Kroger brands (Kroger, Dillon's, King Soopers).

Soonerman
11-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Kroger ought to buy out Homeland and renovate or build new stores.

Plutonic Panda
11-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Kroger ought to buy out Homeland and renovate or build new stores.I would hope they would just tear down and build new. Better quality materials and could do a better job that way.

Teo9969
11-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Why do we need bigger stores?

Plutonic Panda
11-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Why do we need bigger stores?If you're talking to me, I never said we need bigger stores. I wouldn't care if they were bigger or not. I would prefer a few to be bigger though, the Homeland on Bryant and Danforth could use an extra 500-1,500 sq ft. of space.

Teo9969
11-24-2013, 11:35 PM
It was more of a general question.

I would prefer smaller stores in general, but there's no way the US is going to go with me on that one, so, I could settle with not making our stores any bigger than they already are.

Plutonic Panda
11-24-2013, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing true neighborhood markets scattered around; even in suburban areas would be awesome.

Also, I'm not referring to Walmart NM.

bchris02
11-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Why do we need bigger stores?

Well the corner grocery stores in Oklahoma City are for the most part much smaller than what is standard in other cities. Homeland is still running 1980s-style stores in the 2010s. The grocery market has changed significantly in the past 30 years. Compare the size of your average Homeland with the new Crest in Norman. Because of size, it would be difficult to retrofit most stores here to have all the features your standard grocery stores do today elsewhere.

cagoklahoma
11-25-2013, 07:57 AM
I know the majority of their stores are not pleasing to the senses, but there is a place for Homeland stores in OKC. Just as there is a place for Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and any other grocer who would decide to build in OKC. The best part of Homeland is their doubling of coupons up to $1. Our lower income families should be able to have a place to go buy groceries that isn’t Wal-Mart. This is not an attack on any other retailer with beautiful stores, but those store cost money, and for those of us who are willing to pay the higher prices for the “nicer” grocers, that’s great. However, we need to keep in mind that Cheerios purchased at Homeland and Cheerios purchased at nice retailer taste the same.

Homeland isn’t the problem; Wal-Mart is the problem.

bchris02
11-25-2013, 08:07 AM
I know the majority of their stores are not pleasing to the senses, but there is a place for Homeland stores in OKC. Just as there is a place for Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and any other grocer who would decide to build in OKC. The best part of Homeland is their doubling of coupons up to $1. Our lower income families should be able to have a place to go buy groceries that isn’t Wal-Mart. This is not an attack on any other retailer with beautiful stores, but those store cost money, and for those of us who are willing to pay the higher prices for the “nicer” grocers, that’s great. However, we need to keep in mind that Cheerios purchased at Homeland and Cheerios purchased at nice retailer taste the same.

Homeland isn’t the problem; Wal-Mart is the problem.

I agree that Wal-Mart is a big part of the problem. They have run out most competition in this market.

Homeland however is no less expensive than much larger, nicer stores in other markets. There is no reason for them to be as low-quality as they are. Their prices are in line with stores like Kroger which are so much better stores. Homeland would do better if they would update their stores and try to compete.

soonerguru
11-25-2013, 08:09 AM
I have a suggestion: stop shopping at Wal-Mart. I have and so has my family. It's been hard weening my wife off of Sam's Club, but Costco should help with that.

bchris02
11-25-2013, 08:32 AM
I have a suggestion: stop shopping at Wal-Mart. I have and so has my family. It's been hard weening my wife off of Sam's Club, but Costco should help with that.

The only time I ever shop at Wal-Mart anymore is when my family visits because that's where they insist on going. A few anti Wal-Mart people aren't going to be able to make a difference. The masses will continue to keep shopping there until they have another option that is compelling enough to pull them away. Most people I know talk about how much they dislike Wal-Mart yet they continue to go there. Wal-Mart is the store nobody likes yet people are so addicted they can't quit it.

I was really hoping the WinCo rumors earlier this year were true. WinCo isn't a pristine store like Kroger or H-E-B but it would give Wal-Mart some real competition which is what they need in this market.

LakeEffect
11-25-2013, 10:41 AM
FYI, Native Roots still has just about everything one needs in a grocery store.

Good prices, great service, and a mean daily hot soup.

At a recent Lincoln Terrace Neighborhood Association meeting, one of our board members chastised the other for not buying our meeting's treats at Native Roots. :)

bchris02
11-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Hehe. Well in all seriousness, everyone says they want options and great little local grocery stores in their neighborhoods. It's pretty hard to have those and a big box downtown. Just not enough people living downtown anytime soon to support multiple concepts. So the only way to get what you want is going to be to vote with your dollars.

I agree. If Wal-Mart decided to put a Neighborhood Market downtown, that would be it for Native Roots.

jerrywall
11-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Another store I've become a regular in is Sprouts. Not only have I been impressed with the quality of the food, but the value is better than at Crest or Whole Foods. I'm not yet where I can move 100% of my grocery shopping there, but I'm about 50/50 between Sprouts and Crest (especially when it comes to produce).

adaniel
11-25-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm glad to see Native Roots did a mailer a few weeks ago. It amazes me how many people down here do not know Native Roots even exists.

Teo9969
11-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Well the corner grocery stores in Oklahoma City are for the most part much smaller than what is standard in other cities. Homeland is still running 1980s-style stores in the 2010s. The grocery market has changed significantly in the past 30 years. Compare the size of your average Homeland with the new Crest in Norman. Because of size, it would be difficult to retrofit most stores here to have all the features your standard grocery stores do today elsewhere.

The closest we have to a corner grocery store in OKC, outside of Native Roots, is 7/11.

I'd like to see grocery stores no bigger than about 3x the size of Native Roots…But like I said, the United States is not going to go with me on that...

LocoAko
11-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Yep, I've been impressed so far. It isn't stunning or anything, but it is much more like what I'm used to in a supermarket back East. Now if only we could get any sort of decent grocery store on the SE side of Norman...

rizzo
12-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Crest already is on that side of town, Hefner & Rockwell. I don't see them putting another location up there without closing that one.

You're absolutely right though, that area along Memorial should be attracting all sorts of higher end businesses. There is so much land and it's one of the reasons why I don't really feel like moving from this side of town. I'm holding out hope that they build a Lifetime Fitness on Memorial.

The Crest on Rockwell is small. A new one around memorial & Rockwell area would be welcomed.

bchris02
12-05-2013, 10:45 AM
The Crest on Rockwell is small. A new one around memorial & Rockwell area would be welcomed.

I agree. The Rockwell Crest compared to the new Norman location is like the 18th and Classen Homeland compared to the Britton and May location. Far NW OKC could really use a decent grocery store. The best option for those who want to avoid Wal-Mart is Homeland at 122nd and Rockwell. That isn't a great store by far but it's the best there is in that corner of the city.

Jim Kyle
12-05-2013, 10:59 AM
The best option for those who want to avoid Wal-Mart is Homeland at 122nd and Rockwell. That isn't a great store by far but it's the best there is in that corner of the city.Since there's almost nothing else within a mile of that Homeland, it has to be the best in that corner. However the Crest a mile south at Hefner is better in many ways. My preferences, however, are the Homeland at Britton and May, and the Buy For Less at NW Highway and Hefner Parkway. And even the Homeland at NW Hiway and MacArthur is much better than the one at NW 122 and Rockwell...

bchris02
12-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Since there's almost nothing else within a mile of that Homeland, it has to be the best in that corner. However the Crest a mile south at Hefner is better in many ways. My preferences, however, are the Homeland at Britton and May, and the Buy For Less at NW Highway and Hefner Parkway. And even the Homeland at NW Hiway and MacArthur is much better than the one at NW 122 and Rockwell...

I personally prefer the Homeland to that Crest. Neither of them are really good stores though. Sometimes I'll drive to Buy for Less on NW Expressway or Sprouts on 63rd to grocery shop.

Jim Kyle
12-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I personally prefer the Homeland to that Crest. Neither of them are really good stores though.Agreed! Both have a limited range of choices. For any items that both carry, though, the Crest is usually at least 10% lower in price, and sometimes there's a 2:1 difference. Meat is better at Homeland, produce usually better at Crest. Consequently I shop both of them and wish for a better choice out here near NW 122 and Council...