View Full Version : This Actually Made Me Laugh Out Loud . . .

RadicalModerate
07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
. . . and feel so ashamed for doing so . . . =)

Not sure if this is a "Current Event" or "Art and Entertainment" but I can picture the little Barbiedollesque noon newscasterette robotically reading what was on the teleprompter.

Sure hope that the original shows up on Youtube.

TV station, NTSB apologize for fake Asiana pilot names (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/12/ktvu-gaffe/2513971/)

Snowman
07-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I am surprised they finished reading all four 'names', even if they had not seem them ahead of time.

Mel
07-13-2013, 04:57 PM
My wife had to ask me what I was laughing about. I showed her, now we're both giggling.

Just the facts
07-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Here is the video.

XmvJZYWwOBA

Tritone
07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.

CuatrodeMayo
07-13-2013, 05:35 PM
I lol'd.

RadicalModerate
07-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.
Oh those wacky NTSB interns . . . i mean former interns.

("Ho Lee Fuk" . . . i'm STILL choking over that one . . .)

CaptDave
07-13-2013, 05:56 PM
I snorted while I was laughing.....

soonerguru
07-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Seeing that on my Facebook feed yesterday caused bursts of laughter leading to actual physical pain.

Captain Sum Ting Wong, lol.

kevinpate
07-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Unba Le fubal

Easy180
07-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Reminded me of Ron Burgundy

SoonerDave
07-13-2013, 09:06 PM
This is one of the most uncomfortably funny things I've ever seen. Have mercy on me - I actually was given a link to this at work, and was waiting for a job to finish, so watched it, and I stopped after the first name because it was obvious where it was going and I feared I might bust out in the most awkward fit of laughter I can remember.

I cannot fathom how a reporter, then a news editor, then even the slide editor -- not one of them -- caught any of this. Some Ding Wong?? I mean, REALLY???

Omigosh.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on that NTSB vetting conversation. And in the next editorial meeting at that station.

kevinpate
07-14-2013, 12:35 AM
I knew nada about this until reading this thread earlier this eve. I tend to agree with Soonerdave. How that list of 'names' got past everyone involved in the process is truly odd. I could see it if an on site reporter was reading from a sheet just handed him or her live, but day-um, this had to have been past several eyeballs between first note and roll teleprompter.

ljbab728
07-14-2013, 01:22 AM
I knew nada about this until reading this thread earlier this eve. I tend to agree with Soonerdave. How that list of 'names' got past everyone involved in the process is truly odd. I could see it if an on site reporter was reading from a sheet just handed him or her live, but day-um, this had to have been past several eyeballs between first note and roll teleprompter.

Which shows that the general public is often more intelligent than those is charge of TV news.

RadicalModerate
07-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Uh oh . . . Looks like trouble for somebody just over the horizon . . .

From USA Today:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Asiana Airlines said Sunday its reputation was damaged by a report on a San Francisco TV station that used bogus and racially offensive names for four pilots on its plane that crashed earlier this month and is considering legal action.

Ironically, their law firm is Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Mel
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM

RadicalModerate
07-14-2013, 02:20 PM
I think that Asiana Airlines' reputation was negativly impacted more by crashing a jetliner into a seawall (with four pilots on board) and skidding to a halt adjacent to the runway than it was by the actions of any of the imaginary crew named in the newscast. I think they are trying to distract us.

(glad you got my previous reference, cleanskull =)