View Full Version : Rusty McCranie leaving KOCO 5

Tydude
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
RustyMcCranie: Friends, wanted to let you know I have decided to leave KOCO. This was my decision. My last day will be Saturday. (Cont..)RustyMcCranie: Family is moving to Orlando. It was an honor and a privilege to be invited into your homes, and I thank you.

5alive
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Not surprising...but I do hate to see him go...

adaniel
07-10-2013, 04:46 PM
RustyMcCranie: Friends, wanted to let you know I have decided to leave KOCO. This was my decision. My last day will be Saturday. (Cont..)RustyMcCranie: Family is moving to Orlando. It was an honor and a privilege to be invited into your homes, and I thank you.

Wow, he was definitely one of the more underrated weathermen in this market. I must say I noticed him less and less on air.

He his originally from FL and he and his wife just had a baby so its understandable for him to leave now. Wish him the best.

venture
07-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Rusty was probably the only other one on 5 that I liked. Hopefully Damon can find a solid, quality replacement to come in. Avoiding the bimbo "only looks count" that some stations go for or the arrogant personality you get with a Nick Bender type.

SoonerDave
07-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Rusty was probably the only other one on 5 that I liked. Hopefully Damon can find a solid, quality replacement to come in. Avoiding the bimbo "only looks count" that some stations go for or the arrogant personality you get with a Nick Bender type.

Don't forget "Driving skills optional.."

Ouch. Don't hold back, Venture :)

venture
07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Don't forget "Driving skills optional.."

Ouch. Don't hold back, Venture :)

Hey I was trying to be nice. I can't help that people that meet one definition just happen to be brain dead behind the wheel. LOL

soonerguru
07-14-2013, 08:35 PM

That's too bad. I liked him better than Damon Lame.

Easy180
07-15-2013, 04:22 AM
That's too bad. I liked him better than Damon Lame.

Too bad the ladies don't. We all know why Damon landed the chief job

venture
07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Too bad the ladies don't. We all know why Damon landed the chief job

Well to Damon's defense he knows what he is talking about. However, to discount that looks don't have a part in getting roles on TV would also be naive. The vast majority of "journalists" out there are just pretty barbie dolls that can read a teleprompter well. Unfortunately that includes some in the anchor chairs (coughKWTVcough).

Anonymous.
07-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Maybe if Tuttle shows his tummy more, he will get the job.

adaniel
07-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Well to Damon's defense he knows what he is talking about. However, to discount that looks don't have a part in getting roles on TV would also be naive. The vast majority of "journalists" out there are just pretty barbie dolls that can read a teleprompter well. Unfortunately that includes some in the anchor chairs (coughKWTVcough).

C'mon...you don't like ogling at a nice little newsbabe? I mean, they many be too dense to realize that "Sum Ting Wong" is not a real name, but as long as shes got a pretty face and nice cans, everything is swell, right?

venture
07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
C'mon...you don't like ogling at a nice little newsbabe? I mean, they many be too dense to realize that "Sum Ting Wong" is not a real name, but as long as shes got a pretty face and nice cans, everything is swell, right?

Yeah not so much. :) I actually prefer to get news and not the dumb witted comments that Amanda Taylor makes. :)

Tydude
07-18-2013, 09:50 AM
After a long thought i have decided to stop watching KOCO 5 and start watching News9.

kelroy55
07-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm back to watching Rick Mitchell down here in DFW.