View Full Version : Largest Area Employers

Pages : 1 [2]

AP
01-11-2018, 07:18 AM
^That is the worst take of all time.

Zuplar
01-11-2018, 11:29 AM
^That is the worst take of all time.

This is taken directly from the US Labor Department. Pay special attention to the last line. Sorry, but you are 100% wrong.

Is a financial institution that is covered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) with deposit insurance subject to the Affirmative Action Program (AAP) requirements under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503), as amended?

Yes. Financial institutions with federal share and deposit insurance are considered to be government contractors within the meaning of the regulations implementing Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503), as amended. These three programs enforced by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) require equal employment opportunity by government contractors.

The implementing regulations for Executive Order 11246 at 41 CFR 60–1.3 have consistently defined a government contract as any agreement or agreement modification between any contracting agency and any person for the purchase, sale or use of personal property or nonpersonal services. The term “nonpersonal services” includes, but is not limited to, the following services: utilities, construction, transportation, research, insurance, and fund depository. This definition thus explicitly includes agreements for insurance.

The implementing regulations for VEVRAA and Section 503, found at 41 CFR 60–250.2, 60–300.2 and 60–741.2, respectively, also define a government contract as any agreement or agreement modification between any contracting agency and any person for the purchase, sale or use of personal property or nonpersonal services. Like the Executive Order regulations, these regulations also state that the term “nonpersonal services” includes, but is not limited to the following services: utilities, construction, transportation, research, insurance, and fund depository. Therefore, financial institutions with federal share and deposit insurance are considered to be government contractors.

Link for reference:
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/faqs/juristn.htm

AP
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM
So by that definition Boeing is the government. Come on. You're being ridiculous.

stile99
01-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Well, Boeing did just ask the government to tax a competitor at ridiculous rates so they wouldn't have to actually compete, and the government caved faster than a mantis shrimp's fighting claw. And it looks like Zuplar isn't posting opinion, so. Not really the hill I would choose to die on.

AP
01-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Zuplar is posting an opinion. His opinion is that if you are a government contractor, you are the government. That is not accurate. I also work in the banking industry. We have regulations and government insurance too, but he's trying to tell me that TFCU is essentially a government operation. GTFO

AP
01-11-2018, 12:23 PM
The only fact that he posted is that if you have federal share or deposit insurance, then you are considered a government contractor. Being a government contractor in no way makes you the government. He's trying to convince you that the government employs a majority of people in the state because of government contracts. That's asinine.

Zuplar
01-11-2018, 01:34 PM
So by that definition Boeing is the government. Come on. You're being ridiculous.

lol.

I can tell you get worked up real easy. Do me a favor do what I did to you a long time ago after something you said that was just off the wall, and add me to your ignore list.

d-usa
01-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Today I learned that Mercy/Integris/Saints/Etc is essentially government run healthcare because of regulations.

AP
01-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Today I learned I was on someone's ignore list. That's awesome.

StuckInTheCapitol825
01-11-2018, 03:22 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dcsooner
01-12-2018, 07:10 AM

BOEING is not government, however, their presence in OKC is directly a result of Tinker AFB Maintenance which is Government/Military. The point is OKC lacks any signiicant private sector manufacturing or technical job sources outside of O&G. OKC has back office/ support companies but has a dearth of high paying manufactuing jobs. Many OKC residents lack significant disposable income due to low salaries. OKC tax base is hampared by low property appreciation hence the need to tax people via initiatives to pay for infrastructure sustainment and/or improvement. Somewhere it was mentioned on this board that street lights are out all over the city. I will continue to say the State and the City lack competent leaders with a vision for improving the social and economic lives of its citizens, but you get what you vote for.

okccowan
05-03-2020, 08:52 AM
I don't know which thread to put this in, but is the State or City or Chamber doing anything to try to get the new Tesla Cybertruck gigafactory? Elon Musk wants it in the middle of the country, I believe, so we should at least by trying to get it here.

Southsider2
05-03-2020, 09:54 AM
I don't know which thread to put this in, but is the State or City or Chamber doing anything to try to get the new Tesla Cybertruck gigafactory? Elon Musk wants it in the middle of the country, I believe, so we should at least by trying to get it here.

Someone at the state level (OK) engaged the tweet of his regarding the gigafactory and essentially said "let's talk". I know absolutely nothing about the requirements for the gigafactory but I have read a lot of rumors about it going to Austin.