View Full Version : Midwest City Police Kill Man Who Took 2 Year Old Hostage

king183
06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Holy crap. Watch the video.

MIDWEST CITY — Police on Friday released 911 tapes and video surveillance showing a tense standoff that ended when an officer killed a suspect holding a knife to the throat of a 2-year-old girl in a Walmart Neighborhood Market.

The video shows the suspect walk up to the store at 7520 E Reno Ave., grab a shopping cart and circle the store several times before he picks the child up from her mother's cart while the mother's back was turned.

Midwest City police release video of standoff with knife-wielding suspect | News OK (http://newsok.com/midwest-city-police-release-video-of-standoff-with-knife-wielding-suspect/article/3857152)

dmoor82
06-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Crazy! I live like 1/2 a mile from that neighborhood WM!The officer had no choice!

MustangGT
06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Not only did it appear the officer had no choice, but he made the choice at the perfect time and executed it flawlessly. Hats off for a job, really well done. In a situation with kids involved, it is so hard to keep a cool head.

Precisely. The officer did a perfect job and the right people survived and the proper person departed this world.

MWCGuy
06-30-2013, 12:20 AM
The officer is a hero in my book he exhausted all his resources and did what he had to do to save the child.

This situation is proof that we need a strong mental health system that will be there for people when they are clearly in need like this guy clearly was. We also need to take mental health disorders seriously and get people help when they need it. We have learned the signs of heart attack and stroke. We should all know the signs of a mental health break down. What people fail to realize is that anyone is capable of going into a mental health crisis. For most the situation is only temporary and the person can quickly recover with the help of friends and relatives while other may need years of therapy and medical treatment. If anyone you know ever talks of hurting themselves or hurting others, I urge you to take them seriously. Encourage them to get help and be supportive as they go through the healing process. If you have any concerns at all that the person may be an immediate threat to themselves or others. Take them to the nearest Emergency Department for an evaluation or call 911.

Mel
06-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Plus it's nice to hear a good cop story every now and then. He served that bullet and protected that child.

Cocaine
06-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Suicide by cop?

bombermwc
07-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Exactlly cocaine. This guy had no grudge against the mom or the kid, he was looking for a way to commit suicide. We will never know why he chose this method, but that's the very first thing that came to mind. I honestly believe that he never intended to (and wouldn't have) hurt the kid, and was just looking for a reason to get shot. He obviously had every opportunity to hurt many in the time he had. He strategicly chose the closest large business to the police station. It's got large open spaces (which contributes to the idea that he planned it this way because a hostage situation would have utilized small confined spaces that are easy to "guard").

I feel deeply for the mother who had to watch the whole thing in complete terror and for the child. I hope that the child simply has it fade from memory and isn't traumatized.

MustangGT
07-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Due to the kids age he/she will most likely have zero cognitive memory of the event. Do any of us remember anything about our lives when we were that young...NO.