View Full Version : Weather's TV & Appliance

Midtowner
06-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I did a bit of business at Weather's TV in Edmond earlier this month and was hugely impressed. I'm one of those guys who buys his cables on monoprice and finds the best deal on components after doing a lot of research. I first darkened the door of this establishment because I was representing someone on a DUI in Edmond municipal court and was about to be in the market for a new TV. I had no intention of buying from a brick and mortar store, but ended up doing so. My first contact was about 15 minutes with a salesman looking at 70" and 80" TVs to hang above my fireplace. The salesman actually put everything on hold so he could go to my home and see where I wanted to install it and help me determine what would fit. The next day, he's out there and measures and finds that an 80" would probably look obnoxious, so we settle on 70." Based on my needs, which he carefully assessed, he put together a written quote including parts and labor for installation. Yeah, I found a better job on Amazon.com, but the $2 (yes, two dollars) cheaper wasn't worth the price tag of the shipping and handling, the hassle of mounting the SOB myself, etc. For a very affordable price, they mounted the TV on my wall, included cables which were priced around what Monoprice would charge (think $7 for a 15-foot HDMI cable instead of the $50 you'd pay at Best Buy), made the wires look pretty and hooked everything up.

The service after the sale was pretty outstanding as well. Yesterday, I had a little glitch with the TV blacking out when I wanted to play 3D movies. Turns out, I needed a higher speed HDMI cable. Because it was their mistake, they're just replacing all of my cables at their expense--even sending someone out to do it.

Let me put it in plain terms. I don't care where you are in the metro. There is no excuse not to buy mid to high end electronics from a big box retailer or online. Our local guys are competitive and will service your products after the sale.

BoulderSooner
06-26-2013, 12:56 PM
thanks for the review .. i will check them out next time i buy a tv ..

Plutonic Panda
06-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Wow, I live in Edmond and never knew they were that good. I will definitely check them out next time I buy a TV.

Midtowner
06-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Oh, and talk to a salesman before you think the sticker price on anything isn't negotiable.

Plutonic Panda
06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh, and talk to a salesman before you think the sticker price on anything isn't negotiable.You're saying you can negotiate? I like support local business, I just bought my last TV (43'', yes it is a 43'' lol, Samsung LED) from Best Buy. I just assumed that they would charge waaaay too much for stuff, but even a that, I wouldn't mind spending $100 more for local business. Anything over 100$ gets to be debatable though.

OKCisOK4me
06-26-2013, 04:56 PM
PluPan back in the day I bought a DLP HDTV from Circuit City cause they basically offered me a price that was $300 less than what was at Ultimate Electronics and was still $100 less than their price tag.

BBatesokc
06-26-2013, 05:13 PM
I too have had very good interactions with Weather's and recently reviewed them positively on AngiesList.

The home we just bought in Edmond came with several thousand dollars in appliances purchased from Weathers - top end dish washer, electric cook top, vent and double oven mounted in a brick accent wall.

I called to see if the items were still under warranty because the convection fan in the upper over made some noise. Weathers was VERY accommodating (even though they knew I didn't actually purchase the items). They sent me a copy of the receipt and told me the warranty still had a couple of months left. Instead of just pawning me off on the warranty company they sent their own installers out with the warranty repair guy (Adams Appliance Repair) to make sure it was not the instal that was the problem. Also, they knew the repair guy will not pull an oven out of the wall to inspect it. I wasn't charged a dime and they were very prompt.

I was so impressed that we returned and purchased 2 new Carbio washers and dryers and a French style 4-door refrigerator and a large TV.

And yes, the prices are negotiable and returning customers save even more. In fact, the prices for each item ended up being cheaper than Lowes or Home Depot and all but one item was cheaper than online. Plus they installed everything.

I highly recommend them.

Midtowner
06-26-2013, 08:04 PM
You're saying you can negotiate? I like support local business, I just bought my last TV (43'', yes it is a 43'' lol, Samsung LED) from Best Buy. I just assumed that they would charge waaaay too much for stuff, but even a that, I wouldn't mind spending $100 more for local business. Anything over 100$ gets to be debatable though.

Just research your prices online before you go in and you'll be fine. Or hell.. do as I did and start talking about obscure electronics websites and suddenly the TV you're looking at is $600 cheaper. Don't get me wrong, for the service I've received, I think I've already received $600 in value. These guys are really top notch. I'll be a customer there for life so long as their excellent service keeps up.

Plutonic Panda
06-27-2013, 12:13 PM
PluPan back in the day I bought a DLP HDTV from Circuit City cause they basically offered me a price that was $300 less than what was at Ultimate Electronics and was still $100 less than their price tag.Ahhh, the DLP lol, almost forgot about that. Kind of like a Plasma TV, which are still good TV's! Those are the TV's that were in my early days lol. Obviously, some here will might remember the RCA or the GE TV, and then more which were waaaaaaaay before my time. I am actually kind of getting interested in old TV sets, strangely enough.

That seems like a good deal though! We still have a 50' DLP Samsung kicking in our living room :p

OKCisOK4me
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
That seems like a good deal though! We still have a 50' DLP Samsung kicking in our living room :p

That's impressive. I gave my DLP to a friend when I purchased my current Samsung LED and the original lamp in it still works. The only problem is that there's a vertical faded bar on the left side of the TV that keeps getting wider a millimeter at a time. He doesn't care...I gave it to him.

CaptDave
06-27-2013, 02:23 PM
I will add my endorsement of Weathers also. Their service and pricing are excellent AND they introduced me to psb speakers!

Midtowner
06-27-2013, 02:29 PM
I had never heard of PSB speakers, but am looking at using them in a home theater system. I was thinking Martin Logan beforehand. What did you end up getting and how do you like it?

CaptDave
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM
I used all psb Alphas in my "small" theater. I have the Alpha bookshelf speakers for L&R, a C1 for center channel, Alpha S dipoles (no longer produced) for surrounds, and a sub for LFE. I absolutely love them - they are proof you do not need to spend a ton of cash to get great sound. I am using a Harmon Kardon AVR receiver and the psb's and HK match very nicely. You can spend a lot more and not get the quality available with psb. If I hadn't found a ridiculous deal on some Mirages, I would probably have psb Imagines in my larger system.