View Full Version : Van Zant: Oklahoma

Bigrayok
06-21-2013, 12:59 PM
I know this has been mentioned before, but Johnny and Donnie Van Zant did a great song called "Oklahoma" on their Brother to Brother CD that came out in 1998. When the Official Oklahoma Rock Song vote occured I thought this song would have been a great candidate. Johnny Van Zant wrote the song as a tribute to Oklahoma after the Murrah bombing and the May 3, 1999 tornado. I have listened to the song a lot since May 19th. It would be cool to hear at one of the charity concerts for tornado relief.

Bigray in Ok

Bigrayok
06-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I know this has been mentioned before, but Johnny and Donnie Van Zant did a great song called "Oklahoma" on their Brother to Brother CD that came out in 1998. When the Official Oklahoma Rock Song vote occured I thought this song would have been a great candidate. Johnny Van Zant wrote the song as a tribute to Oklahoma after the Murrah bombing and the May 3, 1999 tornado. I have listened to the song a lot since May 19th. It would be cool to hear at one of the charity concerts for tornado relief.

Bigray in Ok

Silly me, the song is on Van Zant II that came out around 2001, not Brother to Brother which came out before the May 3, 1999 tornado in 1998.

Bigray in Ok