View Full Version : Fireworks

Charlie40
06-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Who all is planning on shooting there own fireworks this year or putting on there own display for there 4th of July party?

Anyone have any recommendations of what fireworks to get and which ones are good etc ?

kelroy55
06-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Who all is planning on shooting there own fireworks this year or putting on there own display for there 4th of July party?

Anyone have any recommendations of what fireworks to get and which ones are good etc ?

I usually make a trip to Missouri and get some good aerials.

MikeLucky
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
If you are shopping here in OKC... go to Jake's and get the Excalibur shells. Everything else pales in comparison. Other places will SAY they have things that are comparable, but they really don't.

Charlie40
06-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah i know about the excalibur ones, unfortunately they are out of my price range. I think they run 50-100.00 if i remember right.

MikeLucky
06-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah i know about the excalibur ones, unfortunately they are out of my price range. I think they run 50-100.00 if i remember right.

They were $60 for a 24 pack last year... I believe the Black Cat version is a bit cheaper and is the most comparable. Honestly, if you want to get most bang for your buck, just wait until the day of and go get your fireworks right before you plan to fire them off... by that time they are usually cutting the prices. At least, that has been my experience.

Me and one of my coworkers do a combined effort each year. Last year we had 4 Excaliburs (96 shells) along with a multitude of supporting items and about 8 different cakes. lol. Spent just shy of 1K. We're fortunate to get to do it each year, but this year we are ramping it up. Getting one of these to do some automation:

QuantumPack 6LR Wireless Firing System Set (http://www.firingsystems.us/QuantumPack-6LR-Wireless-Firing-System-Set-p/quantumpack6lr.htm)

'Merica! F*%$ Yeah!

:cool: