View Full Version : US Open

kelroy55
06-16-2013, 12:29 PM
It does this old duffer good to see the best players in the world shooting +10 to +15

BlackmoreRulz
06-16-2013, 05:45 PM
I think the golf course won today.

kelroy55
06-17-2013, 08:49 AM
I think the golf course won today.

It should be like that more often.

Richard at Remax
06-17-2013, 10:53 AM
This make me look forward to the US Senior Open next year at Oak Tree National. They are already prepping for it and is already playing harder than it usually is, if that is even possible. It will also be their big audition to try and get another major. Realistically a PGA Championship, not an US Open, although the earlierst would be 2019. With all the young Oklahoma ties its time for one to come back in the state, although competing with Southern Hills will be tough.

kelroy55
06-18-2013, 09:11 AM
I need to try some different courses around the area, I've only played at Hefner.

trousers
06-18-2013, 09:19 PM
I like Lincoln especially West. Trosper isn't too bad, only has one course though.

okatty
06-21-2015, 10:04 AM
2015 US Open is interesting for a number of reasons.....Chambers Bay first and foremost. Very different type of choice in terms of the course, conditions, etc. And also the Fox coverage of a Major. Uh, you might want to follow the ball as it is hit rather than focus on the golfer's face. Just a suggestion. And people like Charles Davis doing the interviews? I feel like he is going to ask them if they should have run more play action. One thing I do love is the time of the coverage - been watching til almost 10 PM! Now that is cool for us dork golf fans!!:p

Richard at Remax
06-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Love the US Open. Especially staying up late. I also like it when the winning score is around par. But I really dislike this course. Some of the holes are cool but I still can't distinguish most holes from each other. Every hole is like a pinball machine too. I've seen great shots turn terrible and shanks end up right by the hole. I can understand the players frustrations. Plus you add the patrons complaints about the limited viewing areas and rough terrain its no wonder its not getting received well. I honestly don't see chambers bay hosting another us open. Pinehurst was like this last year as well. Doesn't translate well to television. I look forward to the green of Oakmont next year. But worry about Erin Hills in two years (and Shinnecock the following year), which is not as gimmicky as this course but still a links style. Leave that for the British Open.

As for Fox I like the new approach they have to the TV audience, it does need a lot of tweaking though. They need a new broadcast crew though. Joe Buck and Greg Norman are painful to listen to. JB is better as baseball and football.

bradh
06-21-2015, 08:07 PM
I love this, can we have the Open on the west coast every year? Love prime time golf.

okatty
06-21-2015, 08:48 PM
DJ with 3 putt from 12 feet to lose...Lordy. That was high drama!

bradh
06-21-2015, 08:54 PM
I felt sick watching that

trousers
06-22-2015, 06:42 AM
I hate to see someone lose that way. I don' t think Spieth wanted to win that way either.

okatty
06-22-2015, 07:38 AM
I agree! Wish we had an 18 hole playoff today!

okatty
06-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Fox coverage was BRUTAL in my opinion. Lots of things floating around about it A small tidbit:

The best and worst moments from Fox?s U.S. Open broadcasts - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/06/22/the-best-and-worst-moments-from-foxs-u-s-open-broadcasts)

Outhunder
06-22-2015, 04:06 PM
What an awful U.S. open. From the course to the coverage. Wow! What in the heck were people thinking.