View Full Version : Apple unveils new iOS 7

zookeeper
06-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Forget all the rumors, Apple's big day has arrived.

Apple announces iOS 7, 'biggest change' since the introduction of the iPhone, coming this fall | The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4407630/apple-announces-ios-7)

Gallery: iOS 7 Photo Gallery | The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4415386/ios-7-photo-gallery)

Larry OKC
06-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Do not care for the new "flat" icons...seems clipartish & cheap somehow

zookeeper
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Really? To me now looking at iOS 6 and below looks like clipart. iOS 7 looks much more refined and classy to me.

BBatesokc
06-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Can't wait to download it. Also looking forward to ordering the new Mac Pro!

ahlokc
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I kind of like the new look. I hope they make it so you can turn the app store auto-update off as an option. Because I can't tell you how many times I have updated an app and the update broke the app (Most recent example, Bejeweled Blitz). I know I should read the reviews before I update, but it just never happens and I keep learning my lesson over and over :mad:

CuatrodeMayo
06-10-2013, 06:24 PM
The Pro is stunning.

Stew
06-10-2013, 06:55 PM
It's like windows 8 had a one night stand with android then 9 months later out pops iOS 7. I'm an apple guy and ill certainly upgrade but to be honest I was sure expecting a little more innovation.

BBatesokc
06-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately Apple has been sans innovation for awhile now.

Anonymous.
06-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Finally hardware integration with Siri.

zookeeper
06-10-2013, 08:51 PM
A very positive review form NBC News Tech.

Finally, Apple steps up to Android with the futuristic, ambitious iOS 7 - NBC News.com (http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/finally-apple-steps-android-futuristic-ambitious-ios-7-6C10272197)

ZYX2
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Of course I can't comment to the performance, but it looks like crap. They took everything that made them stand out from the other personal device companies and threw it in the trash. After that a quick search of the clip art function on Microsoft Word gave them their icons. They took away the high quality appearance of an iPhone.

BoulderSooner
06-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Of course I can't comment to the performance, but it looks like crap. They took everything that made them stand out from the other personal device companies and threw it in the trash. After that a quick search of the clip art function on Microsoft Word gave them their icons. They took away the high quality appearance of an iPhone.

could not disagree more

Lord Helmet
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Love the new look. Can't wait. Also like some of the new features.

Of Sound Mind
06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Apple has published a dedicated page to the upcoming iOS 7, which includes video and more interactive graphics: Apple - iOS 7 (http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/)

Larry OKC
06-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Couldn't agree more...I am an Apple guy for decades now...every once in a while they have a misfire and this is it

OKCTalker
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Still upset that their new devices require 8-pin plugs instead of the 30-pin adapters. Trading in my iPhone 4 for a 5 would require that I change my case, chargers, cords, connectors, battery sled, and all other peripherals. That's innovation?

Larry OKC
06-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Planned Obsolescence...unfortunately they way many things are designed now.

Stew
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I got an iPhone 5 earlier this year and I thought at the time the new 8-pin plug would be a serious bummer. It really hasn't been a nuisance whatsoever. Anymore every thing is wireless. My car connects to my phone via Bluetooth, I have AppleTV and even if I didn't I can stream wirelessly to my home theater and TV. About the only time the 8-pin connector is an issue is with clock radios at hotels which still have the 30 pin connector and eh just means I have to pull out a charger. The camera alone on the iPhone 5 makes up for the lightening connector.

I'm really looking forward to the new photo app in IOS 7 that organizes your photos by date/location. I'm sure ill get use the looks of it and may even like it better.

OKCTalker
06-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Stew - Thanks. After years of a being a bleeding-edge guy, I'm missing the days when a platform would stick around for awhile. Heck, I even remember when movies would play in a theater for several weeks after opening.

BBatesokc
06-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Still upset that their new devices require 8-pin plugs instead of the 30-pin adapters. Trading in my iPhone 4 for a 5 would require that I change my case, chargers, cords, connectors, battery sled, and all other peripherals. That's innovation?

Exact reason I still use a 4s. New phone (even under contract) $400. New cases (2) with built-in extended battery $250. Extra charging cords (I like to have one at work, home, bedside, etc.) $100+, Slim case $40, not to mention it would no longer dock in to my alarm clock, portable radios, etc.

Yeah, I'll pass for now.

Of Sound Mind
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Couldn't agree more...I am an Apple guy for decades now...every once in a while they have a misfire and this is it
As BoulderSooner said above, I couldn't disagree more.

Larry OKC
06-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I do like the new Mac Pro cylinder design. The only change I would make to it is make the case transparent...it really looks cool when they open it up to show you whats inside. The other thing, they did was have one large fan that they claim is whisper quiet (we'll see). Made me wonder if they considered a Dyson version where the fan is "bladeless" and noise from buffeting is practically non-existent.

BBatesokc
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
I do like the new Mac Pro cylinder design. The only change I would make to it is make the case transparent...it really looks cool when they open it up to show you whats inside. The other thing, they did was have one large fan that they claim is whisper quiet (we'll see). Made me wonder if they considered a Dyson version where the fan is "bladeless" and noise from buffeting is practically non-existent.

The only thing I hate about total redesigns from Apple - you never know if it is a timeless design (like the current iMacs and iPhones) or if its a fad design like the g4 or bubble iMac.

I'll order one since I seem to always need the tax deduction, but I just hope it doesn't scream 2013 in 2015.