View Full Version : Scratch Restaurant and Bar opens today

johnpwoods
06-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Had the great opportunity to try Scratch at their opening today. Its in the former Native Roots space. Really cool interior, great menu. Food was outstanding. We had 4 at our table and we liked every item.

jedicurt
06-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Do you know their hours? I will try and make it this weekend

ereid
06-07-2013, 01:01 PM
They are open 11a-2a. But the kitchen hours are M-F: 11a-10p; Sat: 11a-11p; Sun: 9a-3p. Definitely go. It's great!

SCRATCH | KITCHEN & COCKTAILS (http://www.scratchnorman.com/)

HangryHippo
06-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Looks awesome. I'll have to try it.

king183
06-26-2013, 05:26 PM
I've been to this place several times since it opened. The first time was rough. The food took forever and they were out of several common items like french fries, but the food was really good. I chalked that up to opening week jitters. I went back and service better and the food still good. Their cocktails are excellent, but maybe a little expensive at $8 for what you get. I'm still debating whether it's a good price, with competitors like Blu just down the road offering much cheaper, in terms of price and product, options.

The only major complaint I have may be something silly: the glasses they serve their non-alcoholic drinks are idiotically small. I have no idea why they insist on using these glasses. They're like what you get for a child at other restaurants. With ice included, you probably get 6 ounces of actual liquid. I drank my water in three sips, and the waitress had to refill it 6-8 times, instead of the 1 or 2 times it normally takes over the course of the meal. This has to be an annoyance to the waiters and waitresses. I know it annoyed me.

Anyway, overall the food and cocktails are really good and I plan to go back.

venture
07-01-2013, 08:48 AM
I've been to this place several times since it opened. The first time was rough. The food took forever and they were out of several common items like french fries, but the food was really good. I chalked that up to opening week jitters. I went back and service better and the food still good. Their cocktails are excellent, but maybe a little expensive at $8 for what you get. I'm still debating whether it's a good price, with competitors like Blu just down the road offering much cheaper, in terms of price and product, options.

The only major complaint I have may be something silly: the glasses they serve their non-alcoholic drinks are idiotically small. I have no idea why they insist on using these glasses. They're like what you get for a child at other restaurants. With ice included, you probably get 6 ounces of actual liquid. I drank my water in three sips, and the waitress had to refill it 6-8 times, instead of the 1 or 2 times it normally takes over the course of the meal. This has to be an annoyance to the waiters and waitresses. I know it annoyed me.

Anyway, overall the food and cocktails are really good and I plan to go back.

I ran into something similar at a nice little restaurant in Chicago on Michigan last week. The reasoning they did it up there is that it helped to cut down on waste and expenses since refills were free. It made no sense to serve in bigger glasses, have a person finish the first and get a refill, and then only drink a quarter of the 2nd (or subsequent) one. They also didn't permit to go cups for soda for the same reason. Regardless it was a great little place ran by a Greek family. So the cost reason might be why they don't serve in larger glasses...or it could simply be they are going for a "look".